PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is the IA server busy doing?

Evil Goat
06-22-2010, 02:03 PM
IA servers busier than OJ Simpson at a white meat slaughter house.....so what exactly is it doing?

lanning
06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
its prolly busy fucking the server for that cougar website

oneSLOWex
06-22-2010, 02:22 PM
I think its busy loading all the damn ads

lanning
06-22-2010, 02:23 PM
I think its busy loading all the damn ads

I think its busy tongue punching your mom's fart box.

MachNU
06-22-2010, 02:24 PM
god I love where this thread is going! :lmao:

oneSLOWex
06-22-2010, 02:24 PM

Marissa doesnt know my mom

Vteckidd
06-22-2010, 02:30 PM
I would type a witty response but it would prob be lost when i hit REPLY and it says THE SERVER IS TOO BUSY AT THE MOMENT.

I honestly cant believe they cant fix the issue, they are single handedly destroying the site and i bet traffic is leaving in droves. I think advertisers should get a refund, this is rediculous

oneSLOWex
06-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I would type a witty response but it would prob be lost when i hit REPLY and it says THE SERVER IS TOO BUSY AT THE MOMENT.

I honestly cant believe they cant fix the issue, they are single handedly destroying the site and i bet traffic is leaving in droves. I think advertisers should get a refund, this is rediculous

Agreed....and the past few days have been getting worse instead of better.

MachNU
06-22-2010, 02:40 PM

I actually mentioned something along these lines to Atif the other day. I am really starting to wonder where the sponsorship fee's are going, because the site has been down more often and when its actually up its slow as fuck.

-EnVus-
06-22-2010, 04:27 PM
I actually mentioned something along these lines to Atif the other day. I am really starting to wonder where the sponsorship fee's are going, because the site has been down more often and when its actually up its slow as fuck.

Paying for Julio and Pauls insurance for Penis extensions.....I wounder where this so called NEW owner is or exist ?

jdm_crx_man
06-22-2010, 05:06 PM

lmfao

blaknoize
06-22-2010, 06:53 PM
its prolly busy fucking the server for that cougar website

this post explains it all... FUK THAT COUGAR BULLSHYT SITE

uproot
06-22-2010, 07:29 PM
If it has seemed to be busier during the last few days, it might be due to the fact that Paul is out of town...

-EnVus-
06-22-2010, 07:32 PM
This will show you how to fix the Server....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzRF-5IWrm0

5speed
06-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Hmmm...

I wonder what the problem really is.

rbwdriven
06-23-2010, 06:17 AM
it is down atleast once or twice a day.

Maybe it is waiting on a stimulus package from the government.

Stuntman G
06-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Once or twice Rich? Hell, every time I load a page I expect a VBulletin Message.

JITB
06-23-2010, 11:44 AM
If I was a sponsor id be pissed. I know the advertisement fees ain't cheap! I've had to resort to getting peoples email or number. Because there is nothing worse than a pm pop up followed by a server busy message!

ilovemyhonda.
06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
omg lanning and bill you 2 had me roflcopting on the floor lol....I havent really been on IA because I always get the stupid server busy message and its aggravating. How the hell am I supposed to find love with this happening..lol j/k..

Evil Goat
06-23-2010, 03:40 PM
agreed with all the sponsor thoughts....I'm sure JJ has been thinking the same thing I have....his resources can be used in better places than one who seemingly refuse to fix a problem despite the amount of advertising dollars that are flowing

§treet_§peed
06-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Fucking whore shit.

down_shift
06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
IA staff needs to stop dicking around and get this issue fixed. Maybe this is how the new owners work. Buy a site, jack up ad prices, sell email lists to random companies then down grade the site to a cheaper host/server. I hope I'm wrong but this "Server too busy" stuff is totally aggravating.

BP06NA
06-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Giving Evan a reach around...
^lol

JITB
06-24-2010, 10:27 AM
There is a few sites that have upgraded to this new server I'm on. And I. Ever get the error there.

5speed
06-24-2010, 02:12 PM
I don't really understand what is going on. I understand that the more people who are on at once, and the more things uploaded to the site may slow the server down, but damn. I think I know what is going on, but I may be completely wrong. My theory on this makes so much sense though.

browningboy7
06-24-2010, 02:33 PM
I was on at like 4am this morning....and it was busy. COME ON, There were like 9 other people on...And it's busy? for fucks sake, it's beyond annoying.

AtifSajid
06-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Paul is out of town. So we havent been able to find out exactly what is causing the problem. And yes its getting worse and getting on my nerves also. The server from what I have heard is a nice server. I dont know if its lack of bandwidth or the database configuration is incorrect, or the handfiul of other reasons it can be. We did purchase this site from Paul, we didnt make it ourselves so the problem is there and we are working on fixing it. I have contacted the people who need to look into this problem and see if we can get this problem fixed. I get the same damn error message also and its annoying as fuk.

I apologize about this and hopefully as soon as Paul gets in or we get our other resources to help out, we can eliminate this problem.

And FYI our sponsors dont pay close to what other reputable sites charge. We actually did an advertisement comparison and we are way cheaper than other sites when it comes to advertising. Im not going to get into a conversation about sponsors because thats not a whoreslounge topic..lol

Scotsman
06-24-2010, 02:41 PM
thank you for the update , hopefully this gets fixed soon

browningboy7
06-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Paul is out of town. So we havent been able to find out exactly what is causing the problem. And yes its getting worse and getting on my nerves also. The server from what I have heard is a nice server. I dont know if its lack of bandwidth or the database configuration is incorrect, or the handfiul of other reasons it can be. We did purchase this site from Paul, we didnt make it ourselves so the problem is there and we are working on fixing it. I have contacted the people who need to look into this problem and see if we can get this problem fixed. I get the same damn error message also and its annoying as fuk.

I apologize about this and hopefully as soon as Paul gets in or we get our other resources to help out, we can eliminate this problem.

And FYI our sponsors dont pay close to what other reputable sites charge. We actually did an advertisement comparison and we are way cheaper than other sites when it comes to advertising. Im not going to get into a conversation about sponsors because thats not a whoreslounge topic..lol

I don't see why the sponsors should care, Their ads are still there whether the server is busy or not. lol

JITB
06-24-2010, 02:48 PM

did paul give u all a receipt! ?!!?! lol

Captain-Obvious™
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
We just sponsored and it is really bothering me that the server is busy half the time I click on something on the site.

Echonova
06-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I love this site as well as the people on it, which only makes the issue all the more aggravating to me. I hope it can be resolved soon.

-EnVus-
06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
We need to put our money together and hire a REAL Nerd unlike Paul to fix the Server. We need a Computer Geek !!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/corty85/computergeek.jpg

rbwdriven
06-25-2010, 05:54 AM
And why the hell since the upgrade stop getting automatic notifications of thread updates.

oneSLOWex
06-25-2010, 07:19 AM

This has been getting worse since the day the forum changed hands. The only thing that has changed has been more and more ads. It really sucks seeing how many people dont get on here anymore since all this started happening. It shouldn't matter what the sponsors pay...its the fact that they paid to advertise here at all....i think thats what people are talking about.
Oh well....hopefully it will get fixed.

I don't see why the sponsors should care, Their ads are still there whether the server is busy or not. lol

What happens if someone wants to see what others think about the sponsors or see if they have some sort of forum specific sales going on? oh im sorry..."The server is too busy..."

4dmin
06-25-2010, 11:30 AM
The problem was here even before the servers changed hands just to let you guys know. The problem has been here for a very long time, but it just has recently gotten really bad. When we upgraded the vbulletin everything was perfectly fine and then Im not sure what has happened since.

I am working on getting this corrected. I know its an inconvenience. I am working with vbulleting people to make sure it s not the database causing the problem. But we will get this fixed as soon as possible.

Evil Goat
06-25-2010, 02:52 PM

tell that to JJ....who to my knowledge has never had his banner added to the rotation, despite renewing our advertising on here a couple weeks ago

atif, i appreciate your acknowledgment of the problem....but you can stick that "sponsors don't pay enough so fuck 'em" attitude somewhere where the servers actually work....JJ has spent hard earned money, not behind a computer making excuses, to spend money to advertise with IA and this is how ownership repays him?

EuroTra$h
06-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I read the first page try to go to second page then boom server too busy!!! It takes me an hour to read a 2 page thread this is crazy

Friggintitsman
06-25-2010, 04:02 PM
No wonder this place has gone down

Echonova
06-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Is it just me, or was it better yesterday and this morning so far??? It's like magic!

Echonova
06-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Is it just me, or was it better yesterday and this morning so far??? It's like magic!So yeah... I spoke too soon.

-EnVus-
06-26-2010, 03:27 PM
So yeah... I spoke too soon.

Way to go Echo fuck things up GOSH!

Evil Goat
06-26-2010, 06:55 PM
its otay....i still wub my echo....

p.s. fuck you IA server...

Echonova
06-26-2010, 10:43 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Evil Goat again.

5speed
06-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Who are the other sites on that server? Do they have problems too?

JITB
06-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Who are the other sites on that server? Do they have problems too?

i would list them but they will be blurred out, but i think they are on different servers. But they use the same layout, i know ImportNC has the exact same layout, and works everytime.. but than it has minimal advertisements on the forum.............

JJSPEC Racing
06-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Maybe it is busy trying to fix the oil leak and it will be better after August.

-S Double C-
06-29-2010, 10:39 PM
i dont know but i HATE THIS SITE because of that shit nearly everytime i get on it says it.

Slow Motion
07-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Sever: Fixed.

Vteckidd
07-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I love IA and everything, its where i started, but from a business owner to another business owner, you are absolutely destroying your source of revenue and single handedly destroying your user base.

They recently asked me to renew my advertising on here, and i was like "are you kidding me? The site works maybe 20% of the time".

They said it had something to do with where the server was located and they were working on it and would get back to me.

This is going on like 5 months of this. Has anyone even made a post in the WL addressing the issue, letting us know whats going on? anything?

MachNU
07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
I have to agree with Mike. Hell every thread I made in my section last night everytime I hit submit, I got a screw you back message. So finally started saving them in a word document and over the course of an hour manage to get them all submitted. Then from 8-10:30pm the site was only up for a grand total of 5 minutes. It seems that as of lately the server seems to be going down more and more often.

-EnVus-
07-06-2010, 04:54 PM
the plan is to move the site to a new server/host so it is in the works

It will take years for this to happen :rolleyes:

Vteckidd
07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
It will take years for this to happen :rolleyes:

i think this is way out of pauls hands by this point. I think he is just a go between for him and the NEW owners. The new owners as i heard were AN IT FIRM! How does an IT firm not fix an IT issue?

Paul is also really busy with his day job, so i doubt this is a high priority for him. Paul works like crazy, and he sold the site, i dont think this is his problem to fix, IMO of course.

Again i dont mean to sound harsh, but i hope the owners or whoever is running the site realizes how bad its getting

BanginJimmy
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I've found myself doing less and less surfing on the site since the issues with the server started. Now I only spend a few minutes a day on here checking new posts in the politics section and occasionally checking the WL for anything that might be a fun read. I dont even both with the other sections anymore as it has become a bit of a hassle.

1MP0RTL0V3R
07-08-2010, 12:36 AM
yesterday i waited about 15 minutes for the server to work and then 2 minutes later it said it was busy AGAIN

AtifSajid
07-12-2010, 10:24 PM
The issue is the server itself. It has nothing to do with anythign else. The server is hosting tons of other sites that dont belong to us. We are in the process of moving the site and its not an overnight job. We should be good to go within a week or week and a half.

AtifSajid
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Also the server is being hosted at a colo facilty that we do not have access to. This is the main reason we are moving the site so we can at least fix the problem. It was a buddy server and now it cant take the load that IA is putting on it.

Has nothing to do with the number of advertisements or banners. Please bare with me. We are trying to make it happen as fast as we can.

dirtragz
07-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes i also have found myself not isiting this sit as offen because of the issues . it becomes to much of a hassle and people will find another site that works! now if i get the ( server is busy ) i just go straight to honda-tech .