PDA

View Full Version : MY BRAKES ARE NOT CATCHING???

AMD_Civic
06-22-2010, 10:54 AM
okay so i have a problem with my brakes, previously when trying to drive it seemed that the brakes were locked on or something..!! SO me and a mechanic checked it out and he told me i needed new brake calipers and all that so i replace all of that and also put brand new pads on all four... so we bleed the brakes and all that so now it seems fine..!! BUT then now the brakes won't catch anymore? basically putting it I HAVE NO BRAKES so has this ever happened to anyone? is so how did you resolve it? b/c i'm outta solutions..!!

00 blk G20t
06-22-2010, 12:24 PM
sounds like the master cylinder went bad or you need to bleed the brakes more. the master can really go bad at any point....even while your driving...thus the NEED for a emergency brake. i think it has check valves that COULD be damaged just from pushing a caliper piston in...pushing pressure/fluid back into the master.

hondaxpurt
06-22-2010, 02:32 PM
this is a correct assumption ^^^^ however, i would say it would be a needing to bleed the brakes, seeing as how you just put calipers in. make sure the bleeder valve is at the top of the caliper and bleed all 4 wheels at least twice.

AMD_Civic
06-22-2010, 02:54 PM
all 4 has been bled....still same problem...

Batlground
06-23-2010, 09:51 AM
If the calipers are installed correctly and the system is bled the only other thing to try is to replace the master cylinder. You can blow air through the lines when you replace it to make sure that one of them is not kinked or blocked. If your car has abs then it may be something in the abs system not working correctly.

mitch lab
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
also chck to see if you see any leaks from your brake booster

HMGDRFTER
06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
okay, what G20t said is basically pretty much correct,you prob need to bleed ur brake more, even if your doing it right there's probably still air in the system, what you can do is jack up your car and take off all 4 wheels and just open all your brakes and just let the brake fluid run and run and run, let gravity do it's thing and just keep coming outside to refill the resevoir like every 10-20 mins for lke an hour or 2.

If thats not the case then try to BENCH BLEED your Brake master cylinder

If that still doen't work then it's ur BMC or your brake booster.