PDA

View Full Version : cd player wiring help.

alieyuyang88
06-22-2010, 07:53 AM
connect all my wires but didnt connect the orange one and the blue one. setup my equilizers to where i like it but when i turn off the car start it up again it resets the functions. my cd wont come on sometimes either. gotta turn off my car and turn it back on for it to work. what could be the problem.

DynamicSound
06-22-2010, 09:24 AM
There are only 3 wires you need to connect to receive power and turn on the cd player...

Yellow Wire - Constant Power
Red Wire - Switch Power
Black - Ground

If your cd player resets everytime you turn the car off, then you do not have your constant power (yellow) hooked up correctly. That wire needs to be connect to a wire that has 100% power no matter if the vehicle is on or off. So when the vehicle is off, the constant power allows the cd player to retain all memory.

xero_xero
08-04-2010, 08:36 PM
whenever wiring, buy a plug kit. dont cut the wires.... it saves time and headache. the wires match color for color. you will not connect your dimmer (orange) but you will need to cap it off to avoid it arching.

you may have a powere antenna and you will need to wire it into the harness as well. if not your antenna will not come up/.

lonnieinskee
09-02-2010, 04:03 AM
That is really helpful to you.