PDA

View Full Version : converting a DA to obd-1 but it's an auto

preferredduck
06-21-2010, 12:29 AM
so my brother has a DA he rebuilt the motor and wants to go obd-1. he has the ecu and the harness but was wondering it there were any extra wires needing to be pinned in to the harness. any input is great!!! if not i will be hitting the book hard.

Bacon
06-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Aren't DAs already OBD1? What motor is it?

preferredduck
06-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Aren't DAs already OBD1? What motor is it?

90 integra, freshly built b18b1 with the b1 IM, injectors. damn thing sounds better than a new car but i have not read what controls the auto tranny, i know they both have speed sensors etc and have shift solonoids. i just remember a auto accord wagon i had that was converted to 5 speed and there was maybe one or two plugs left over and i think the harness is mainly for 5 speeds.

silversol
06-21-2010, 12:50 AM
since its a auto and running fine why not just leave it alone?

Bacon
06-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Just find an ECU for an auto B18B1.

ECU code should be 37820-p75-a51

preferredduck
06-28-2010, 01:13 PM
BACON-- i have an auto obd-1 LS ecu but since the b18b1 is used and the head is machined i think the obd-1 would be a better bet. silversol the cams are different and i think it will get better mpg with an obd-1 setup because of the manifold setup etc. it also gets rid of the resistor box!! i always want to run the ecu that matches the motor because of all the basemaps etc and it isn't running perfect for a commute it needs to be changed trust me but when it's done it will be really smooth. my bro is a machinist so perfection was put in this thing and his truck is killing him on gas. i'm thinking there may be one or two plug ins that may need to be put in since it's an auto and not a 5 speed. the conversion harness is usually for a 5 speed. thanks fellas for your input it comes down to pinning now and the o2 sensor and thats it.