PDA

View Full Version : intakes?

jdmkiller
06-20-2010, 08:10 PM
im thinking of getting a type r intake manifold for my gsr and ill need a new CAI, im trying to decide between a AEM 3'' or a password powerchamber. which one will make more power?

Bacon
06-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Type R IM won't fit on the GSR head and the Power Chamber intake isn't worth the money.

Scotsman
06-20-2010, 10:36 PM
is this a daily?

Barefoot
06-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Type R IM won't fit on the GSR head and the Power Chamber intake isn't worth the money.

yup again

Batlground
06-21-2010, 10:18 AM
I have seen some great power on cars with the power chamber. I have not tested one against a 3 inch intake so I cant give you a definitive answer.

Dan

jdmkiller
06-21-2010, 07:18 PM
im talking about a skunk2 or blox intake manifold, i know the type r manifold wont fit on the gsr head. and yes its a daily driver.

jdmkiller
06-21-2010, 07:19 PM
im talking about a blox or skunk2 manifold

Bacon
06-21-2010, 08:09 PM
im thinking of getting a type r intake manifold for my gsr and ill need a new CAI, im trying to decide between a AEM 3'' or a password powerchamber. which one will make more power?

We can only go by what you mentioned. Why would you need a new intake or is it a want thing? I have the Power Chamber intake ( it's on my buddy's LS-V at the moment though ) and even with his setup he couldn't tell much difference over his #1 brand short ram intake.

Have a set of goals in mind before throwing the aftermarket world at your GSR. Budget? Where do you want to make the most power? Necessity?

jdmkiller
06-22-2010, 05:09 PM
well i plan on building the engine. 12 to 1, big cams. and since it has the stock intake mainfold id be switching to the type r style and the intake i have now wont fit. so i was wondering if there
was any power difference between the 2. just wanted to hear from different ppl before i buy anything.

Bacon
06-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I can tell you this. I put my Power Chamber intake on my buddy's LSV and he took it off after about a week. It may be because it wasn't dyno tuned with that intake but he could tell a difference under 3k RPM with that intake over his #1 intake. He took it off because it was made a negative difference in power under 3k.

Just a thought though. Skunk2 now makes a Black Series IM that is made only for the GSR at the moment. May want to look into that and if the PW Power Chamber is something you really want, let me know since I have one and I may let it go for a good price.

94_teg_ls
06-23-2010, 12:49 AM
let it go on that z6 :) oh i pm'd