PDA

View Full Version : Axles for swap question!! HELP!

Tyroni
11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I got a Eg hatch with a gsr swap and i found out i have a LS Tranny.. i'm wonder'n wat model car axles should i buy or any b-series would work? and another question i been gett'n tranny oil leaks i had replace the axles seal but still leakn... is it cuz of a wrong axle was put in? i had hear a knock'n sound when u turn just like a bad axle but when inspected, it look't good to me. The oil seems to spread widely that i see dripping on the shift linkage ,cv boot and bottom of the tranny but drip like 10 drops a day or sumtin. This had happen when i bought the car 1yr 1/2 ago that i replace the seals 2x think'n it was the seal.

IntegraXTR
11-08-2005, 06:11 PM
I think you can use LS, not too sure because you have a hatch, we used LS axels in my EG coupe with a LS half shaft. And just by looking at the axel isn't really going to show much, take it out and pull on the joints to see if its still connected. If it aint then the cheapest way or ghetto way to fix it is cut open the rubber part and push the joints back in.

Tyroni
11-08-2005, 08:38 PM
i had took it out and put it back with new ring clamps grease are stilll good and the boots looks great... i think the previous owner did the same thing that he use a ls halfshaft that's why .. cuz when i turn i think the axle pop outta place and goes back in when i'm driving straight...and during that time a lil fuild leak by lil everytime..

Tyroni
11-10-2005, 02:08 PM
anyone know i can find more bout the info??? thanx

Vteckidd
11-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Any B series axle will work

95 GSR is what i usually ask for