PDA

View Full Version : Misc Official iPhone 4 Thread: Who's pre-ordered or going to?!

JessAlba452
06-15-2010, 06:36 PM
The AT&T store was fairly quiet today. Very surprising. :) Ordering online was tough with both Apple and AT&T websites giving maintenance errors.

So who pre-ordered? Who is going to get one? If not, why not?

:goodjob:

http://www.walyou.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/new-iphone-4-official-images.jpg

merfwin
06-15-2010, 06:47 PM
i plan on getting one. my bday is on the 26th

cjhutch
06-15-2010, 06:53 PM
No iPhone for me. AT&T is too expensive and their 3G service is horrible. I'm with Sprint and waiting on the Galaxy S Pro since the HTC Evo seems to have some small hardware issues. I get great service everywhere I go and the 3G speeds are very consistent. I had a chance to play with a coworkers Evo and the 4G on that thing was blazing.

JessAlba452
06-15-2010, 07:02 PM
It was either the iPhone 4 or the HTC Incredible through Verizon for me. Once I put together the same plan that I have through AT&T into Verizon's website it was $20 more expensive. :(

Now it's time to sell my old iPhone 3G :D

The Ninja
06-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Enjoy your tiered data plans, lol.

I'm sticking with my current 3GS, and if I really feel like upgrading I'll buy the iPhone 4 straight from Apple at full price.

JessAlba452
06-15-2010, 09:37 PM
I've had an iPhone since the first one, so w00t for unlimited data plan. :) New AT&T customers get the 2GB limit and was told it's $10 for every GB you go over.

.93lude
06-15-2010, 10:47 PM
pre-ordered this morning, and +1 for stayin with the unlimited, not sure i can go to anything else, im hooked on the iphone, i love it

ISAtlanta300
06-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Enjoy your tiered data plans, lol.

I'm sticking with my current 3GS, and if I really feel like upgrading I'll buy the iPhone 4 straight from Apple at full price.

This....

RL...
06-16-2010, 12:12 PM
ill prob get one...

TIGERJC
06-16-2010, 02:28 PM
You keep your current data plan and dont be surprise when the other carriers follow suit since most are planning on going 4g around 2011 and 2012. Having 20 million customer downloading with no limits really puts a strain on the network.The start of 2011 att will be boosting our 3g speeds up to 7.2mps, so when we go to 4g there will not be too big of a drop if you go from 4g back down to 3g

Just make sure you don't ever let your unlimited plan get replaced either online, over the phone or in the store. Its a pain to get it back on if there is a mistake where it was taken off, has to get higher up approval to get the unlimited plan back on.

TIGERJC
06-16-2010, 02:28 PM
You keep your current data plan and dont be surprise when the other carriers follow suit since most are planning on going 4g around 2011 and 2012. Having 20 million customer downloading with no limits really puts a strain on the network.The start of 2011 att will be boosting our 3g speeds up to 7.2mps, so when we go to 4g there will not be too big of a drop if you go from 4g back down to 3g

Just make sure you don't ever let your unlimited plan get replaced either online, over the phone or in the store. Its a pain to get it back on if there is a mistake where it was taken off, has to get higher up approval to get the unlimited plan back on.

TIGERJC
06-16-2010, 02:33 PM
No iPhone for me. AT&T is too expensive and their 3G service is horrible. I'm with Sprint and waiting on the Galaxy S Pro since the HTC Evo seems to have some small hardware issues. I get great service everywhere I go and the 3G speeds are very consistent. I had a chance to play with a coworkers Evo and the 4G on that thing was blazing.

lol nice to hear but no one is talking about the evo or sprint service.

The evo is a great phone btw

MeFryRice
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Anyone else get this letter from AT&T today? Apparently they are cancelling all pre-orders of the iPhone.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/714364-t-now-canceling-confirmed-pre-orders.html

Vteckidd
06-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Anyone else get this letter from AT&T today? Apparently they are cancelling all pre-orders of the iPhone.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/714364-t-now-canceling-confirmed-pre-orders.html

read what it says. They def are NOT cancelling ALL ORDERS. They had issues with so many people trying to pre-order online that the browsers were timing out and people were putting in MULTIPLE orders. (IE if you tried to order 4 phones with 1 line you would get a cancellation notice)

I ordered 2 for both of my lines yesterday, got a confirmation and AT&T charged me this morning.

Deke
06-16-2010, 08:29 PM
I have the latest gen iMac, and I love it. I have an iPod, and I love it. I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually get on iPad for a living room web browser/travel computer, and I'm sure I'll love it too. What I don't love, is the massive herds of people clamoring for every new device Apple releases. I mean seriously, Apple had to stop taking pre-orders because they couldn't keep up with demand? Christ people, it's a freaking phone. And I guarantee a major portion of people that will be lining up in droves at every AT&T and Apple store probably already have a perfectly good iPhone 3G/3GS. I guess I just take issue with the mentality of "I must have the latest and greatest device."

Sorry, don't mean to crap on your thread, and I don't doubt that the new iPhone is going to be a great device, I just get so tired of reading/seeing/hearing about the millions of people that line up everytime a new gadget from Apple comes out. More power to Steve Jobs though, he's making a killing off of people trying to keep up with the Joneses.

And I reiterate (before someone drops the word "hater"), I like Apple products. And who knows, maybe everyone's life in this thread really will become much better after discarding their ancient iPhone 3GS and moving on to the next brief chapter of their cell phone existence.

[/rant]

Whew, thanks. Been meaning to get that off my chest for a few days now. Enjoy your new phones!

Ziptied
06-16-2010, 08:59 PM
^ It's nice to know that a 24 year old knows everything about the wireless industry..... lmao

Deke
06-16-2010, 10:33 PM
1. What does my age have to do with anything?
2. What part of my post lead you to believe that I claim to know everything about the wireless industry?

More than anything I was commenting on how I despise the frantic scramble for millions of people to be the first on the block with the newest Apple gadget.

I really don't see how any of that warranted your completely off-base response.

cjhutch
06-16-2010, 10:58 PM
lol nice to hear but no one is talking about the evo or sprint service.

The evo is a great phone btw

You should read the original post. She asked if you are not getting the iPhone, then why not. That part of my post was the reason why I am not getting the iPhone.

TIGERJC
06-16-2010, 11:19 PM
You should read the original post. She asked if you are not getting the iPhone, then why not. That part of my post was the reason why I am not getting the iPhone.

reading is for liberals, I am the decider

Vteckidd
06-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Ok I found out some more info

if you were lucky enough to order yesterday you SHOULD get your iPhone on delivery date (June 24)

however my mom ordered hers online this morning around 9am before apple and AT&T shut down the preorders and she was given a receive date of July 19th!

Looks like they oversold BIG TIME

TIGERJC
06-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Its going to be crazy on launch day like black Friday, I see the cops coming to my store like last year. Fuck I wish I could take that day off

JessAlba452
06-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Wow I can't believe they stopped taking in pre-orders. That was fast...hmm makes me tempted to sell my phone on Craigslist or eBay just to see who'll bite. :)

By the way, who ever said they will buy the phone out right from Apple. This was posted on their website yesterday when I was pre-ordering. I was thinking of getting one also at full price instead of another 2-year contract. :)

Can I buy an iPhone without an AT&T contract?

No. iPhone requires a two-year AT&T wireless service contract.

JessAlba452
06-17-2010, 02:01 AM
600,000 orders filled in the first day of pre-order. Now the pre-order date on Apple has been changed from June 24th to July 14th...

I also read online that the phone may use micro-sim instead of the standard sim to keep people from unlocking them to use on different service providers. Though T-mobile is supposedly also going to upgrade to micro-sim. Who knows though.

Black R
06-17-2010, 11:21 AM
i'm keeping my 3gs until the 4gs comes out lol

ISAtlanta300
06-17-2010, 12:37 PM
i'm keeping my 3gs until the 4gs comes out lol

Smartest quote in this thread......

JessAlba452
06-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Doesn't look good! Lots of people having problems with their pre-orders...

ATT Now Canceling Confirmed Pre-Orders

SPOOLIN
06-17-2010, 03:31 PM
i want one, ill wait till im eligible.

Vteckidd
06-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Doesn't look good! Lots of people having problems with their pre-orders...

ATT Now Canceling Confirmed Pre-Orders

DONT SPREAD BAD INFORMATION this has already been covered in this thread. Read the fucking post.

We just got a message from a reader who received an email from AT&T canceling his iPhone 4 pre-order. The customer had placed his order yesterday and received a confirmation number in email. However, today he got an auto-generated email from AT&T claiming that they were "unable to verify" his information "or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online." A call to AT&T confirmed that they are doing this to other customers.

the EMAIL

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled.

If you would like to purchase additional lines of service, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories, and service.

Go to att.com/storelocator to find a store near you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

Thank you.

AT&T

AT&T is just cancelling the people that pressed SUBMIT 173 times when the server was down. Or people that accidently placed multiple orders without having the necessary lines of service (only 1 phone per line is eligible for an upgrade).

Also if your mailing address and billing address DONT MATCH they cancel the order. When you ordered it said phones would ONLY BE SHIPPED TO CONFIRMED BILLING ADDRESSS!

So if you ordered legitametly on the 15th, there is NO ISSUE

Vteckidd
06-17-2010, 03:51 PM
double post

Boosted FC
06-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm waiting till they get to the stores.

JessAlba452
06-17-2010, 05:12 PM

Hey no need to get so upset at me its just a thread on IA of all things. Calm down. :)

I actually ordered mine through AT&T online and received the "Confirmation Page". About 30 minutes later an e-mail stating that they canceled my order. Everything was in check, eligible for upgrade, credit with matching address, no double orders...ect. I've read up until page 14 of that thread. Some people had the same exact problem...

Ended up having to go to the AT&T store which they stated that had problems with pre-orders and was told they were taking orders manually. The representative actually did manage to get me signed up over their computer instead after waiting at the desk for the information to go through for about 20 minutes. This time the order actually went through.

Vteckidd
06-17-2010, 06:22 PM
I have confirmation and order screen

I'm just saying this rumor going around that AT&T is cancelling ALL online pre-orders is bullshit

JessAlba452
06-19-2010, 01:18 AM
^
Gotcha :)

BTW I went onto AT&T's website today. Seems like they're still having server issues. I keep running into error messages trying to view my bill. Maybe trying to re-organize the server after the aftermath of the pre-order week.

On their website I also noticed that pre-ordering has been temporarily suspended and that you can fill out your e-mail address to receive news of when they will have more phones available. This is crazy! I was just stating the other day that I am surprised so much has sold! Being that they haven't really advertised the iPhone 4 as much as they initially did with the very first iPhone. I remember nearly every commercial break was an iPhone commercial showing us the usage of the touch screen, and its multiple app features. This time it's been near silent commercial wise and the buying craze is still going strong...how does Steve Jobs do it?! I know...he all has us under his shiny stylish Apple spell...^_^

VIP Style
06-23-2010, 11:06 AM
HTC incredible > iphone

VIP Style
06-23-2010, 11:08 AM
No iPhone for me. AT&T is too expensive and their 3G service is horrible.exactly, thank you.

Vteckidd
06-23-2010, 08:30 PM
On mine now it's FAST

SPOOLIN
06-24-2010, 12:51 PM
id love to get one soon. Maybe ill be eligible for early upgrade soon. This fone is the best of its type period, all the others came second, and aren't doing a good job impressing me FOR SURE.

JessAlba452
06-24-2010, 03:01 PM
AT&T sent my order through twice...so now I have 2 phones! :D One is already on eBay!

Julio
06-24-2010, 06:41 PM
lol.. This thread is funny..

I will stick to my 3gs for now..

I will wait about one more month or so....

SoLJames95
06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
some people are having trouble,(reception,and a yellow haze) but Ill still get it. My upgrade is now! and they just have the update ready when they get the bugs out.

ISAtlanta300
06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
lol.. This thread is funny..

I will stick to my 3gs for now..

I will wait about one more month or so....

Actually if anything I would just wait until they release the white version. That's more baller....

SoLJames95
06-25-2010, 12:23 PM
they are sellin on ebay for 700-1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might just get mine for 200 and turn around a nd sell it. LOL