PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hate the NAACP? I mean WTF YOU RACIST MORONS!?

Elbow
06-15-2010, 08:21 AM
http://www.aolnews.com/article/hallmark-yanks-card-after-complaints-of-slur-against-black-women/19513764

REALLY???????????????? :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

It seems all they do is bitch about anything that says black. THIS is how you start racial issues.

AirMax95
06-15-2010, 08:38 AM
IMO its a stretch. I'm not sure what they were aiming for with the allegation, but Hallmark is backed into a corner now.

NAACP, hate them, no....I'm a member that supports the cause. All the community service work and youth initiatives that are conducted is what means the most to me, and the NAACP workforce. This is a waste of resources.

Besides, the card is lame as hell. I wouldn't pick it up, let alone buy it.

Elbow
06-15-2010, 08:41 AM
True I shouldn't of said hate them overall.

I do hate their nagging on things that aren't even remotely racist though.

oneSLOWex
06-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Its only racist because they are making it that way. Its a couple goofy ass cartoon things. It clearly says HOLE not WHORE. Do they not have anything better to do?

AirMax95
06-15-2010, 08:48 AM
True I shouldn't of said hate them overall.

I do hate their nagging on things that aren't even remotely racist though.

I know where you are coming from. I can 1000000% guarantee you that there are several members that are looking in awe as well. Individuals will always have their own personal agenda and use it to destroy a good thing.

Someone got bored, lol.

Capt._Ron
06-15-2010, 09:07 AM
I know where you are coming from. I can 1000000% guarantee you that there are several members that are looking in awe as well. Individuals will always have their own personal agenda and use it to destroy a good thing.

Someone got bored, lol.

Honest question. Doesn't a NAACP defeat the purpose of what great black leaders set out to do with the Civil Rights Movement in the first place? I thought the whole point was that race doesn't matter. By having an asssociation of "colored" people don't you propegate division between races? Why can't the NAACP do all the same good things it currently does without having to bring race into the picture. If the NAACP truly wants to end racism then they should change their name at the very least. I feel the same way about affirmitive action. Are you really gaining equality if we set the bar higher or lower because of someone's race? How do unequal standards promote equality? This has always baffeled me not because I am a racist but because I truly think minorities are vastly more capable than our society gives them credit for.

LvnBoOst
06-15-2010, 09:34 AM
That is sad. Making a greeting card racist about "being black"...? I bet if it said white holes NO ONE would notice. They look for shit to be racist.

oneSLOWex
06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
That is sad. Making a greeting card racist about "being black"...? I bet if it said white holes NO ONE would notice. They look for shit to be racist.

EXACTLY!

Bajjani
06-15-2010, 09:37 AM
I don't like any group that goes around starting shit about hallmark cards that claiming a 3 year old card says black whores watch your back. They're fucking retarded. I hope people who honestly think hallmark put that card out saying black whores get bitch slapped.

BKgen®
06-15-2010, 10:38 AM
All I remember is LOL'ing uncontrollably when they freaked out about RE5. God forbid the the walking dead not be white. lolol

AirMax95
06-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Honest question. Doesn't a NAACP defeat the purpose of what great black leaders set out to do with the Civil Rights Movement in the first place? I thought the whole point was that race doesn't matter. By having an asssociation of "colored" people don't you propegate division between races? Why can't the NAACP do all the same good things it currently does without having to bring race into the picture. If the NAACP truly wants to end racism then they should change their name at the very least. I feel the same way about affirmitive action. Are you really gaining equality if we set the bar higher or lower because of someone's race? How do unequal standards promote equality? This has always baffeled me not because I am a racist but because I truly think minorities are vastly more capable than our society gives them credit for.

It goes back to the origin of the organization. Back then, "colored people" was the "politically correct" term. Some years back the NAACP talked about changing the name, but sided not to because it would, in a sense, negate the history behind the organization. You have to remember, white people set the tone of "white" or "coloreds". Changing the name would do nothing....same people, same agenda, same purpose, AND the same occurrences you see in the link above. In closing on this topic, research the ideology of racism, segregation, and then review the purpose of the NAACP. Hopefully, you will see the need, despite the random wolf cries; no one person or organization is perfect.

Affirmative action is a whole different animal. It wasn't put in place to "GIVE" the promotion to minorities (women included) in the workplace, rather for a change in mindset to those in power that still felt minorities were "beneath" them.

Seriously, a lot of the ignorant rants and arguments of today are because people do not take into account the history behind several of these initiatives.

Also, to your last comment, SOCIETY was the reason for affirmative action/NAACP/etc. because they didn't (in many cases still do not) give minorities the credit, or respect, they deserve.

Capt._Ron
06-15-2010, 12:41 PM
It goes back to the origin of the organization. Back then, "colored people" was the "politically correct" term. Some years back the NAACP talked about changing the name, but sided not to because it would, in a sense, negate the history behind the organization. You have to remember, white people set the tone of "white" or "coloreds". Changing the name would do nothing....same people, same agenda, same purpose, AND the same occurrences you see in the link above. In closing on this topic, research the ideology of racism, segregation, and then review the purpose of the NAACP. Hopefully, you will see the need, despite the random wolf cries; no one person or organization is perfect.

Affirmative action is a whole different animal. It wasn't put in place to "GIVE" the promotion to minorities (women included) in the workplace, rather for a change in mindset to those in power that still felt minorities were "beneath" them.

Seriously, a lot of the ignorant rants and arguments of today are because people do not take into account the history behind several of these initiatives.

Also, to your last comment, SOCIETY was the reason for affirmative action/NAACP/etc. because they didn't (in many cases still do not) give minorities the credit, or respect, they deserve.

I think most people understand the history and reason for the NAACP and Affirmative Action. I at least know I understand the history and reason for these programs/history. I ask my questions not as an "ignorant rant" because I'm not ignorant of the history behind these initiatives. The information on these initiatives is a very well published and researched topic. Your response still doesn't get to the core of my question. How does an association that purposefully ties itself to a single race promote cooperation and integration between all races? It doesn't matter the name you use for someones race if the goal of that association is to promote the (agenda, purpose, etc.) of only one race.

On the affirmative action standpoint: How can you change a mindset when the law clearly denigrates minorities by saying "oh because he/she is ______ they are held to a lower standard". How does setting lower goals for minority achievement promote equality?

I'm not denying that racism existed and still exists. I'm asking why not hold everyone to the same standard regarless of race? Isn't that equality?

-EnVus-
06-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Soon a Black crayon will be called African American i guess

oneSLOWex
06-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Soon a Black crayon will be called African American i guess

African and American? How can it be from both places?

quickdodge®
06-15-2010, 12:59 PM
How does an association that purposefully ties itself to a single race promote cooperation and integration between all races?

Because, unfortunately, there still plenty of idiot white people that think black folks don't belong among them.

And I don't like affirmative action, myself. Later, QD..

-EnVus-
06-15-2010, 01:05 PM
African and American? How can it be from both places?

Idk you gotta ask them that lol

fivex684
06-15-2010, 01:35 PM
All I remember is LOL'ing uncontrollably when they freaked out about RE5. God forbid the the walking dead not be white. lolol
Of course having black people in Africa is racist. lol

Bajjani
06-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Because, unfortunately, there still plenty of idiot white people that think black folks don't belong among them.

And I don't like affirmative action, myself. Later, QD..

I agree QD, however, there are just as many idiots who use the race card thinking they earned some special right because of their color, same as some whites do. And it isn't just blacks or any specific race. People, in mass, are stupid.

e30pwr
06-15-2010, 09:36 PM
not even going to get started on this. but sometimes people need to learn to give it a rest when it comes to defining the word in context. next thing you know we will have to call them "dark holes"

BanginJimmy
06-15-2010, 10:40 PM
I have said this in a few previous threads that broach this subject. For as long as I have lived the race card has been played by a very small minority of blacks with an agenda that has nothing to do with racial equality. Tops on that list are the obvious ones, Sharpton ad Jackson, with the NAACP and more localized, but similar, organizations right behind them. This has gotten far worse since Obama became a serious candidate for president, then as the nominee and currently as President. IMO the constant calls of racism over trivial, at best, things is cheapening the word and its implications. Think back over the last year at how many times racism was used by Obama supporters as the reason someone didnt support Obama's agenda. How many dozens of cases such as this one and the one with Resident Evil have we seen?

blaknoize
06-15-2010, 11:45 PM
It clearly says black holes. I actually like Hoops and Yoyo, I have a few of the cards to give to random people lol. Clearly its about the solar system. Hmmm... I think they are listening a bit to hard.

But seeing as I did not live during that particular time, it would be hard for me to compete against the actual meaning(s) that those words could of meant back then to someone. Although... this card was produced obviously later. I dont think Hallmark should be held accountable for the over-listening done in this complaint.

-EnVus-
06-15-2010, 11:49 PM
It clearly says black holes. I actually like Hoops and Yoyo, I have a few of the cards to give to random people lol. Clearly its about the solar system. Hmmm... I think they are listening a bit to hard.

That or they got a Halnark ghetto one "Black Hoes better watch your Mans back they white women around"

Ed
06-16-2010, 01:26 PM
This website is racist because the background is black...

and the font is white.

Bajjani
06-16-2010, 04:26 PM
This website is racist because the background is black...

and the font is white.

Whos the slave in that?!

EG_Ryder
06-16-2010, 09:08 PM
The NAACP is always looking for stuff to call raciest. Always making things about blacks but never stand up for any other race, oh but they are all for equality, my ass!

blaknoize
06-16-2010, 09:22 PM
^its a black organization...

KevinT707
06-16-2010, 10:07 PM
This is ridiculous, the people on that video (all 20 of them and their friends they've influenced) are the only ones that care about this matter and think they should deserve an apology. Move on, make money, and be productive. Asians and Hispanics are relatively new to America and they have ignored all the bumps in the road and became successful (this is not a stab at "African-Americans" either) without getting into silly drama such as this.

§treet_§peed
06-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Wow, all this shit over a fucking card?? This is why America probably won't be or be a free country much longer. Fucking idiots. Instead of being productive and doing something worth a fuck, they have to bitch.

§treet_§peed
06-17-2010, 06:38 PM
O and that old bitch and the rest of them need to get their fucking hearing checked lol.

AirMax95
06-18-2010, 09:21 AM
I think most people understand the history and reason for the NAACP and Affirmative Action. I at least know I understand the history and reason for these programs/history. I ask my questions not as an "ignorant rant" because I'm not ignorant of the history behind these initiatives. The information on these initiatives is a very well published and researched topic. Your response still doesn't get to the core of my question. How does an association that purposefully ties itself to a single race promote cooperation and integration between all races? It doesn't matter the name you use for someones race if the goal of that association is to promote the (agenda, purpose, etc.) of only one race.

On the affirmative action standpoint: How can you change a mindset when the law clearly denigrates minorities by saying "oh because he/she is ______ they are held to a lower standard". How does setting lower goals for minority achievement promote equality?

I'm not denying that racism existed and still exists. I'm asking why not hold everyone to the same standard regarless of race? Isn't that equality?

Sorry dude, I wasn't calling your response ignorant. I was referring to the many discussions about the topic. QD's response sums up why affirmative action is still around. I don't believe in it, nor do I feel I (personally) benefit from it.

To answer your question, just becuase the organization is "tied" to a single race, does not mean that it cannot promote equality. The mission of the org is to "ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination". The mission is upheld all the time, sadly most of the racial issues do affect "colored" people (all that is not "white"). I'm not saying that it is the best organization out there, but the positives outweigh the negatives. If the name is the biggest issue that many see, then there a lot of eyes closed to the real issues at hand. Is the name offensive to people?

*SN*
The NAACP does help other minorities, as well as the majority. As with all positive acts by an organization, they are overshadowed by things of this nature. On another note, all 5 scholarships that the NAACP has are open to ANY applicant.

As others have stated, the people in that video are supporting their own bullshit.....its dumb and a waste of time.

Bballjamal
06-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Neccesary "evil" of sorts to combat other uneccesary evils. Nuff said. Why worry/care about what the other side is thinking anyway?

Bballjamal
06-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Neccesary "evil" of sorts to combat other uneccesary evils. Nuff said. Why worry/care about what the other side is thinking anyway?

Opps posted twice, damn how do you delete posts now a days lol

blake06gto
06-18-2010, 02:30 PM
ridiculous...

Dirty Octopus™
06-18-2010, 02:42 PM

i happen to love white hoes. i mean holes