PDA

View Full Version : considering buying an FC

rmeyer114
06-13-2010, 03:18 PM
well lookin into maybe getting into the rotarys but just wanted to get a little bit of feedback on them just wondering how much of a pain in the ass they are and if the average joe can work on it i tend to do all my own work as long as i got a general idea of what it is im doing i can do it so just wanting some things to look for when buying an fc thanks.

kain
06-18-2010, 11:23 PM
its ok. youll be fine.

the thing you have to realise is how much of the emissions equipment you wanna keep. the more you keep, the more complex it will be to work on the engine.

when you buy it, join rx7 club and just read up everything.

they are great cars.

rmeyer114
06-20-2010, 01:26 PM
emissions shouldn't be a problem i know a guy in dekalb that can help me pass or if my sister gets the house shes lookin at in walton ill be able to register it there, know where i could find a Turbo II been lookin hard on craigslist and the 2 i found i called on and they were sold already

Batlground
06-21-2010, 10:12 AM
The best advice I can give is to get another motor and start building it. That way when your seals fail your car wont be down for too long. Rotaries are great and I am sure you will enjoy the high rpms.

Dan

kain
06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
the best advice is right there. dont buy a t2. build it yourself. that way, you get a fresh car to play around with, rather than one thats been raped its whole life.

rmeyer114
07-17-2010, 12:00 PM
ended up buying a 88 NA gonna buy a motor and build it for boost myself :)

kain
07-18-2010, 08:09 AM
did this car happen to be a white one?

JITB
07-18-2010, 08:18 AM
I was scared about buying one myself. But I got very lucky and bought a perfectly runnin, NA s4, but I know and have learned you have to be smart about checking your fluids. Which goes for any car, one thing I read from a new owner advice is too keep oil and coolant with you at all times. I love my fc tho good decision, def a special car!

rmeyer114
07-25-2010, 01:21 PM
yeah its white actually...most fcs i see are white...but this one runs pretty straight so far needs a throttle position sensor heres some pics

http://i25.tinypic.com/5vwzu1.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/k9i988.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/o9fvwj.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/hugbkg.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Very cool car. I had a white 1988 model about 10 years ago. Later, QD.

JITB
07-25-2010, 02:01 PM
niec pickup, it seems we share the same dent on the rear quarter panel..lol

quickdodgeŽ
07-25-2010, 02:07 PM
My FC. Later, QD.

rmeyer114
07-25-2010, 02:16 PM
yeah its coincidental that my 240 had same dent location as well

and QD lovin the fc what kind of springs did u have on there?

quickdodgeŽ
07-25-2010, 02:30 PM
What springs? Lolol.

And please shorten the width on your sig pic. Thanks. Later, QD.

rmeyer114
07-25-2010, 03:47 PM
LOL it lookS slammed in that pic and I'll shorten it when I get back to a coMputer i'm on my iPod

Blitanicle99
07-26-2010, 08:51 AM
I had an 88...

Running Tokico Springs and Shocks, 8k front, 6k rear. A GXL 4.30 LSD diff. Corksport Catback, racing beat heat, all the emissions stuff removed, removed my oil feed injectors so I had to premix, (Completely worth the power) custom mad short shifter.... Completely race gutted, 2 seats, dash and shifter.

Was a great little toy, slung sideways like a SOB... Very peppy and quick!

kain
07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
OH SHIT!! you actually drove that thing home??

i worked on this very same car. you purchased this from adam. i helped him do all the work. i know this car inside and out way better than you currently do. heh. HOWS THEM APPLES???? actually, you currently have my old calipers and rims.

so far the clutch is new, omp lines are new. other than that it needs exhaust gaskets.

rmeyer114
07-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Hahah so your the guy I heard all about from Adam I appreciate all the hard work y'all did for me car runs great so far still need to get a gps for it just changed all the fluids the other day sprayed I down w some purple power and pressure. Washed it and shampooed the interior but still can't seem to get that smell out of it

rmeyer114
07-28-2010, 09:56 AM
And yes still needs exhaust gaskets I scoped em out the other day and they're shot to the max...know where I can get center console trim and ash tray??and another mirror

quickdodgeŽ
07-28-2010, 10:23 AM
LOL it lookS slammed in that pic and I'll shorten it when I get back to a coMputer i'm on my iPod

It is slammed. I meant what springs as in I have no springs. I removed the coil springs in that car, lolol. Later, QD.

collins
07-28-2010, 10:35 AM
when that little bitty 1.3 gives out, throw a 5.7 in that beeyotch!!!

rmeyer114
07-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Damn how'd that ride

kain
07-28-2010, 12:41 PM
And yes still needs exhaust gaskets I scoped em out the other day and they're shot to the max...know where I can get center console trim and ash tray??and another mirror

i have two red FC mirrors that you can just simply HAVE. also... go to mazda for those gaskets.

everything can be had from mazda trix. also... go on RX7 club and join up and read.

kain
07-28-2010, 12:41 PM
when that little bitty 1.3 gives out, throw a 5.7 in that beeyotch!!!

like a pussy that doesnt know jack shit?

rmeyer114
07-28-2010, 01:15 PM

i know right..id never do that shit to a rx7

hell yeah man lemme know how u wanna work out the mirror situation, and mazda trix is nuts...for the 3 interior pieces i need its over 300 bucks

kain
07-28-2010, 09:52 PM
well yah. but for 300 bucks you get brand new shit. also... try looking on rx7 club. youd be surprised at the shit you can get.

btw, the series 5 radio surround is rubberized plastic.

collins
07-28-2010, 10:38 PM

are you kidding? ls1 rx7's are NASTY!!!! you get 350hp out of the box, 30+ mpg on the highway, and MUCH better reliability out of it... how would that be a pussy and not knowing jack shit? :lmfao: you fanboys kill me!

OH YEAH! and the handling characteristics of the car arent thrown off due to the ls1 being all aluminum... soooooo whats your argument now?

40th GT
07-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah I'd say keep it in the family. If I wanted a LS equipped car I'd buy a GM car.
If I ever wanted to own an RX7 I'd be proud to have a rotary in it. Despite their shortcomings they have their strong points too. But that goes for any engine.

collins
07-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah I'd say keep it in the family. If I wanted a LS equipped car I'd buy a GM car.
If I ever wanted to own an RX7 I'd be proud to have a rotary in it. Despite their shortcomings they have their strong points too. But that goes for any engine. see, saying it like that is respectable... lol calling me a pussy that doesnt know shit... well thats a different story :lmfao: deeez guize.... i'd still throw the lsx in it if it was mine... its an all around better motor.

quickdodgeŽ
07-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Swapping in a Chevy engine? What blaspheme that is, man. That would be the ruination of that RX. Later, QD.

collins
07-29-2010, 12:53 AM
i tend to disagree after seeing a few of them run ;) drag strip, road course, drift, whatever you're into.

quickdodgeŽ
07-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Well I look at it from a purist's standpoint. I've always been anti-brand swapping. Later, QD.

collins
07-29-2010, 01:03 AM
i used to be a purist.... then my eyes were opened to almost limitless possibilities :)

quickdodgeŽ
07-29-2010, 01:10 AM
.... then my eyes were opened

Call it what you want. Later, QD.

rmeyer114
07-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Me personally If I wanted to run a shitterlet motor in my car I'd just go spend my money on a camaro but instead I'd rather have the rotary that's why I bought the rx7

40th GT
07-29-2010, 08:19 AM
To each his own FTW.

kain
07-29-2010, 08:59 AM
are you kidding? ls1 rx7's are NASTY!!!! you get 350hp out of the box, 30+ mpg on the highway, and MUCH better reliability out of it... how would that be a pussy and not knowing jack shit? :lmfao: you fanboys kill me!

OH YEAH! and the handling characteristics of the car arent thrown off due to the ls1 being all aluminum... soooooo whats your argument now?

so are 13b rotaries. what you are saying is that you want to swap to another engine that is going to take up more room, be more complex to work on, and although the same weight, messes with the weight distribution. and if you want to argue horsepower... thats mute. rotaries can make 800 hp on pump gas all day.

JITB
07-29-2010, 10:54 AM
i was all for piston swaps into Rx cars. but after owning my fc i dont see it happening unless i had another. being my first rotary car its a completely different world from repairing, modifying. And its crazy the amount of possibilities with the rotary..

BUT....a v8 swapped FD is just sooo right...lol

Boosted FC
07-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Love my FCs. Currently on my 5th one. Luckily it is a T2. Listen to Peter (kain) he knows his stuff. Good luck with the car, & hope to see you around.

My baby......

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/Sheldon1976/6Crew%20National%20Meet%202010/DG3025.jpg

collins
07-29-2010, 02:26 PM
so are 13b rotaries. what you are saying is that you want to swap to another engine that is going to take up more room, be more complex to work on, and although the same weight, messes with the weight distribution. and if you want to argue horsepower... thats mute. rotaries can make 800 hp on pump gas all day.

tomAto tomAHto, we simply disagree. s'all good :cheers:

40th GT
07-29-2010, 03:07 PM
so are 13b rotaries.
o rly? Since when did any rotary equipped RX7 get 30+ mpg highway?

kain
07-29-2010, 05:07 PM
mine?

rmeyer114
07-29-2010, 11:36 PM
anybody that owns a rotary outta not be in it for the gas mileage cause they eat it like a v12

kain
07-30-2010, 08:26 AM
not if you tune it properly.

40th GT
07-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Well then I stand corrected.

rmeyer114
07-30-2010, 01:56 PM
yeah im gonna try to tune it correctly for it. .....wheres the best place to learn as much as i can about these peter

Boosted FC
07-30-2010, 02:00 PM
You own an NA. You do not have to worry about it too much unlike myself & Peter.

rmeyer114
07-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Well I'll be acquiring t2 parts slowly and I'll probably buy a blown motor and rebuild it myself in my spare time till this one that's in it goes

1439/2000
07-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Well I'll be acquiring t2 parts slowly and I'll probably buy a blown motor and rebuild it myself in my spare time till this one that's in it goes

YourMS paint signature looks like shit.

That being said, my FD was pretty boring and it that was then I would imagine FC's are worse.

rmeyer114
07-30-2010, 07:35 PM
So why'd u even bother posting in this thread if all u were gonna do is talk shit? That's why this site blows cause all people do is bash on other peoples cars and ideas cause of assholes like you

collins
07-30-2010, 09:45 PM
he's an OG basher... dont mind him lol

rmeyer114
07-30-2010, 11:27 PM
oh hes one of the IA douche bags? lmfao....anybody thats not a flamer needs to get on IDon'tAdvertiseOtherForums.com

40th GT
07-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Thought you guys might like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMD-3VtMEq0&feature=PlayList&p=9102D76DCDD9101E&playnext=1&index=11

rmeyer114
07-31-2010, 10:19 AM
I watch that show all the time on BBC didn't know the rx7 was on there

Glides
07-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Hmm.

First off. Don't tell folks they should go to another site simply because you don't like what they say. That's lame. This is a web forum, it's designed for one thing.....for people to say what they want to say. Plus it's IA. You have lots of people who come here, you are bound to find people you disagree with, just as you will on Tuneratlanta. Got it? Good.

Now, on to your car. Take everything that you hear about Rotaries, divide it by half, wipe your ass with half of the half that you have left, toss it too and what you have left over will be usable information. The NA Fc will last you quite simply forever if you take the proper steps to take care of it. It's only when you start turboing them and building the crap out of them that you run into problems. I've owned numerous ones, 5 to be exact. No FC's though, just first gens and FDs. I can give you a very simple case by case on my FDs.

First FD. 132,000 miles. Original engine, turbos, wiring harness..everything. Owned by an older woman in Florida. Auto trans. I traded it in to the dealer on a BMW and it was still going strong. The harness was well into it's last leg, but all still worked well.
Second FD. Built. Pettie Racing engine, upgraded turbos, 3rd wiring harness. I put 4 engines in that car before I said fuck it and ditched it. I just could not get it right. Had it tuned and everything. Not real sure why, but that car just didn't like motors.
For the money I sank into it, I could have LS1'd it and been Batman.

So if you are going to build one for boost, do it at your own speed. Also find yourself a GOOD tuner. My tuner in Knoxville....not so good. That was my fault and I paid a high price to the tune of 4 motors. Don't be a failure like me.
My advice, keep the motor in the FC, do the bolt ons and go enjoy it. Rotaries are super fun, the NA ones last and last and last. There is a huge aftermarket for them and parts are not scarce. Enjoy it.

JITB
07-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Hmm.

First off. Don't tell folks they should go to another site simply because you don't like what they say. That's lame. This is a web forum, it's designed for one thing.....for people to say what they want to say. Plus it's IA. You have lots of people who come here, you are bound to find people you disagree with, just as you will on Tuneratlanta. Got it? Good.

Now, on to your car. Take everything that you hear about Rotaries, divide it by half, wipe your ass with half of the half that you have left, toss it too and what you have left over will be usable information. The NA Fc will last you quite simply forever if you take the proper steps to take care of it. It's only when you start turboing them and building the crap out of them that you run into problems. I've owned numerous ones, 5 to be exact. No FC's though, just first gens and FDs. I can give you a very simple case by case on my FDs.

First FD. 132,000 miles. Original engine, turbos, wiring harness..everything. Owned by an older woman in Florida. Auto trans. I traded it in to the dealer on a BMW and it was still going strong. The harness was well into it's last leg, but all still worked well.
Second FD. Built. Pettie Racing engine, upgraded turbos, 3rd wiring harness. I put 4 engines in that car before I said fuck it and ditched it. I just could not get it right. Had it tuned and everything. Not real sure why, but that car just didn't like motors.
For the money I sank into it, I could have LS1'd it and been Batman.

So if you are going to build one for boost, do it at your own speed. Also find yourself a GOOD tuner. My tuner in Knoxville....not so good. That was my fault and I paid a high price to the tune of 4 motors. Don't be a failure like me.
My advice, keep the motor in the FC, do the bolt ons and go enjoy it. Rotaries are super fun, the NA ones last and last and last. There is a huge aftermarket for them and parts are not scarce. Enjoy it.

word... the internet sucks..lol

40th GT
07-31-2010, 09:10 PM
I watch that show all the time on BBC didn't know the rx7 was on there

Yeah but then again that episode is from 1986 lol. We weren't even alive back then.
There's one with a Rx8 somewhere. Clarkson loved it.

kain
08-01-2010, 10:55 PM
first do a basic tune up. change out everything that can be changed out, and dont skimp for used parts. buy them new (especially some of the sensors like the tps and map sensors). other things like the CAS and coils and whatnot last forever.

also... make sure you run techron for a good while, and then do some de carboning of the engine. ie... take a vac line, put and extension on it, and when the car is warm, dunk the extension into a gallon of water. the engine will suck this up but try and die on you. dont worry, rotaries dont hydro lock. keep it revved up, and once the gallon of water is all used up, go ahead and do another gallon. plug it back into the sensor or wherever the line went, and let the car idle till no more smoke comes from the exhaust... and drive it around. not only will this literally scrub the shit out of the rotor faces, it gets all the old oil out from the apex seals and shit that is in the grooves.

once you are done with that... just have fun. redline the piss out of the engine every chance you get, and keep it there as much as you can. im not talking sitting in a parking lot and just letting it free rev. im talking while in motion. the rotary loves high rpms as the engine rotors only spin 1/3rd the rpm you actually see. so no worries.

rmeyer114
08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
ill definatley do that the car definatley seems like it can run better...u know if that TPS is for sure bad? if it can be adjusted how can i do it been looking but yet to find anything..dont think im looking in the right places on rx7club

kain
08-02-2010, 10:43 PM
the thing you have to do is unplug the tps, and measure the ohms across two pins. i forget which ones, but you only have three, so not many combinations. anyways, when you do get an home reading, press the tps in and see if there is a SWEEP of any sort that is somewhat solid. there are plenty of write ups on it, just pm me on rx7 club. im "sircygnus" on there. or on aim. im on all teh time.

Boosted FC
08-03-2010, 09:59 AM
YourMS paint signature looks like shit.

That being said, my FD was pretty boring and it that was then I would imagine FC's are worse.

I might have to agree with the FD part of your statement. There was one that sat in the showroom where I work for who knows how many months. That car & everyone that came in & asked questions about it annoyed the hell out of me. I am so glad that it is finally sold & gone.

rmeyer114
08-03-2010, 11:12 AM
if i knew how to fix my Sig i would i had a buddy of mine do it for me

JITB
08-03-2010, 05:09 PM
first do a basic tune up. change out everything that can be changed out, and dont skimp for used parts. buy them new (especially some of the sensors like the tps and map sensors). other things like the CAS and coils and whatnot last forever.

also... make sure you run techron for a good while, and then do some de carboning of the engine. ie... take a vac line, put and extension on it, and when the car is warm, dunk the extension into a gallon of water. the engine will suck this up but try and die on you. dont worry, rotaries dont hydro lock. keep it revved up, and once the gallon of water is all used up, go ahead and do another gallon. plug it back into the sensor or wherever the line went, and let the car idle till no more smoke comes from the exhaust... and drive it around. not only will this literally scrub the shit out of the rotor faces, it gets all the old oil out from the apex seals and shit that is in the grooves.

once you are done with that... just have fun. redline the piss out of the engine every chance you get, and keep it there as much as you can. im not talking sitting in a parking lot and just letting it free rev. im talking while in motion. the rotary loves high rpms as the engine rotors only spin 1/3rd the rpm you actually see. so no worries.

wow ive never heard of that.. i may try it...lol but im kind of scared, mine runs good but im sure it would benefit from it. id hate to do more harm than good...

kain
08-04-2010, 12:08 AM
wow ive never heard of that.. i may try it...lol but im kind of scared, mine runs good but im sure it would benefit from it. id hate to do more harm than good...

its done all the time. the water vaporizes into steam in the combustion chamber and knocks random bits of carbon loose. it doesnt hurt the engine to injest water at all. hell... i inject 400cc of water smack bang in front of my turbos compressor wheel and that thing is soo clean you could eat off it. not to mention how clean the inside of my intercooler looks.

rmeyer114
08-04-2010, 12:31 PM
damn im motivated to try this

kain
08-04-2010, 03:05 PM
yah. or you can try seafoam. does the same thing... just with a better kick. people use seafoam all teh time and it works wonders.

JITB
08-04-2010, 04:55 PM
its done all the time. the water vaporizes into steam in the combustion chamber and knocks random bits of carbon loose. it doesnt hurt the engine to injest water at all. hell... i inject 400cc of water smack bang in front of my turbos compressor wheel and that thing is soo clean you could eat off it. not to mention how clean the inside of my intercooler looks.

ill take ur word for it... and give it a shot tommorrow.. i was gonna do seafoam, but just havent got around to it..

JITB
08-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I did the water, and it did help....wasn't too dificult. Will need a second person to start it off and keep the car on and the revs up. But it wasn't too complicated.

rmeyer114
08-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Well I would've done it today but when I got home from my girlfriends house I walk down to my car and notice someone had been in my car..center console and glove box wide open my rAdio and battery missing wtfff

Boosted FC
08-05-2010, 06:59 AM
I'll prob do it on my T2 this weekend. Also need to get that fuel pump rewire done.

kain
08-05-2010, 08:29 AM
I'll prob do it on my T2 this weekend. Also need to get that fuel pump rewire done.

i figured you had it done already?

Boosted FC
08-05-2010, 09:35 AM
i figured you had it done already?

Haven't had the chance with the baby being born and all. You are more than welcome to come help me get it done.......:yes:

JITB
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm wondering if my cat is clogged, or the steam from the process heated up the cats to make them glow. But either way they need to go anyway

94_teg_ls
08-05-2010, 11:58 AM
just wanted to say i used use sea foam and a little atf goes a long way. if you really want to get it right mmo 1/4 in the motor 3/4 in gas tank it works wonders.

Boosted FC
08-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm wondering if my cat is clogged, or the steam from the process heated up the cats to make them glow. But either way they need to go anyway

Get rid of that crap. Let that puppy exhale.

yomomspimp06
08-05-2010, 05:08 PM
get rid of those cats!

JITB
08-05-2010, 09:34 PM
lol i am.. dont worry

kain
08-05-2010, 09:49 PM
ATF is not something i would recommend. it destroys engines.

Boosted FC
08-06-2010, 07:06 AM
ATF is not something i would recommend. it destroys engines.

Hmm, I know someone that may argue that point. We just brought a S5 NA engine back to life that was seized. It sat for 2 days with ATF in it. Engine sounds pretty good.

Boosted FC
08-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Ummm, so what about a Meet guys?

kain
08-06-2010, 01:08 PM
atf breaks down rubber seals.

Ummm, so what about a Meet guys?

i have no school tuesday. wanna meet up after you get off from work someplace close like mellow mushroom?

JITB
08-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Atf is used to start motors that have been sitting for along time. Poured into the cylinders/housing is supposed to restore compression for those first starts.

Boosted FC
08-06-2010, 03:26 PM
atf breaks down rubber seals.

i have no school tuesday. wanna meet up after you get off from work someplace close like mellow mushroom?

I would, but I do not drive the FC during the week.

Boosted FC
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Atf is used to start motors that have been sitting for along time. Poured into the cylinders/housing is supposed to restore compression for those first starts.

Isn't Wiki & Google great? lol

rmeyer114
08-06-2010, 04:01 PM
what whereabouts are you guys? tryin to find a job so i can get my insurance paid and get this thing tagged..sucks losing your temp job after u get a car.. and kain you think i should put that test pipe on that i got from adam? ...will it make it substantially louder? ... still tryin to get it quiet lol .. but dont really wanna run cats on it since i probably wont need emissions

JITB
08-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Isn't Wiki & Google great? lol

yea it is, but ive done it plenty of times... used it to start the old 328 Diesel that sat for 5 years, and the 735 also. Used it also when i rebuild my ole protege motors.

Boosted FC
08-06-2010, 11:22 PM
what whereabouts are you guys? tryin to find a job so i can get my insurance paid and get this thing tagged..sucks losing your temp job after u get a car.. and kain you think i should put that test pipe on that i got from adam? ...will it make it substantially louder? ... still tryin to get it quiet lol .. but dont really wanna run cats on it since i probably wont need emissions

I live in Dallas & work in Chamblee at the moment. Looking for something better & closer to the house.

kain
08-07-2010, 08:41 PM
i want your job soo bad sheldon.

Machado
08-07-2010, 09:09 PM
yup Sheldon you have a bad ass job. I told Paul if you guys ever need any help let me know, Im moving right down the street from there.

I didn't know you lived in dallas? we are practically neighbors.

rmeyer114
08-08-2010, 12:02 AM
im not far from chamblee ...livin in snellville and buford one weekends

kain
08-08-2010, 08:24 AM
yup Sheldon you have a bad ass job. I told Paul if you guys ever need any help let me know, Im moving right down the street from there.

really? as do i. there are tons of rotary people in chamblee including myself, so a meetup in that area would have an ok turnout.

kain
08-08-2010, 08:26 AM

really? as do i. there are tons of rotary people in chamblee including myself, so a meetup in that area would have an ok turnout.

rmeyer114
08-08-2010, 02:21 PM
well hopefully i get some insurance soon id be totally down for a rotary meet ....grr...need job...grrr

Boosted FC
08-09-2010, 01:56 PM
lol, you guys may get your wish soon. :yes:

rmeyer114
08-09-2010, 11:59 PM
my wish of insurance might come true soon im half tempted to goto the day laborer place and earn a quick few hundred

kain
08-10-2010, 10:08 AM
elaborate. another mazmart meet?

Boosted FC
08-10-2010, 10:11 AM
elaborate. another mazmart meet?

No. I was referring to you guys wanting to work @ Mazmart.

JITB
08-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Tell paul to give me a opp sheldon I can handle the fwd mazdas, and 929s..:)

rmeyer114
08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
man i wish i could score a job over at mazmart lol

Boosted FC
08-11-2010, 06:56 AM
man i wish i could score a job over at mazmart lol

Yeah, everyone says that.

rmeyer114
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM
hahaha..u get good discount up there?

Boosted FC
08-11-2010, 01:03 PM
On what? That place don't have a fucking thing unless you own a Miata or Protege.

rmeyer114
08-11-2010, 02:12 PM
oh damn for real?....wheres good places to go get 7 parts around here besides the internet !? maztrix is expensive as hell

Boosted FC
08-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Bryn @ RX7Restorations

rmeyer114
08-11-2010, 07:01 PM
gracieus wheres it at?

VickNotic
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM

I have a buddy that has a 88 or 89 rx7 motor is gone but jsut the shell with everything still in there, i think it' sbeen sitting in his backyard for like 2-3 years now. was planning on picking up the shell but i have no idea about rotary 8D and he's located in NC if anything lmk

JITB
08-11-2010, 07:49 PM
I have a buddy that has a 88 or 89 rx7 motor is gone but jsut the shell with everything still in there, i think it' sbeen sitting in his backyard for like 2-3 years now. was planning on picking up the shell but i have no idea about rotary 8D and he's located in NC if anything lmk

i need some parts!

rmeyer114
08-12-2010, 10:09 AM
id like a better condition'd interior if i can find that...i just found out a buddy of mine has an s5 in mint body and interior condition in his garage that doesn't run ...i wanna scoop it off him

JITB
08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Let me scoop some parts from it...I got a lot of need

Boosted FC
08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Let me scoop some parts from it...I got a lot of need

lol, you sure do. You need to come get those 4-piston Calipers from me

kain
08-12-2010, 11:25 AM
lol, you sure do. You need to come get those 4-piston Calipers from me

wont help with braking. get a 97 subaru forrester brake MC and make a up a brace for it. said to be the best combo for the fc and the stopping power is perfect.

Boosted FC
08-12-2010, 02:17 PM
wont help with braking. get a 97 subaru forrester brake MC and make a up a brace for it. said to be the best combo for the fc and the stopping power is perfect.

Oh really? You got this done yet?

kain
08-12-2010, 09:38 PM
read up sheldon.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=852021

rmeyer114
08-13-2010, 12:07 AM
buddy of mines wantin to do that to his 89 mx6

Boosted FC
08-13-2010, 07:44 AM
read up sheldon.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=852021

Cool. I don't need to do that though....haha

kain
08-13-2010, 11:09 AM
just do the brace though. youll feel the difference.

rmeyer114
08-16-2010, 11:38 AM
gotta job now....insurance,mods,repairs, its on now !

kain
08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
gotta job now....insurance,mods,repairs, its on now !

you have it backwards. its Insurance, repairs, mods.

Boosted FC
08-16-2010, 02:17 PM
you have it backwards. its Insurance, repairs, mods.

lol, it is the truth though

rmeyer114
08-16-2010, 10:20 PM
yeah i agree.im not much for organization of words lol..i gotta get this thing to pass emissions so i can get it tagged ..peter you know if this thing will pass emissions if i get the gaskets for exhaust? or am i going to have to go a little farther with it ?

kain
08-17-2010, 12:38 PM
lol. true story. adam needed to pass emissions and when we yanked the exhaust, there was no honeycomb in the cat at all. i was like.. WTF?? so i was like... fill the tank with 25% e85 and 75% gasoline.

the car passed.

rmeyer114
08-17-2010, 05:40 PM
ight so exhaust flange studs, 25% E85 and 75% 87 and ill be straight?!

JITB
08-17-2010, 07:33 PM
id leave the exhaust leak...lol it may help..

rmeyer114
08-17-2010, 07:45 PM
lmfao..it wont be helping the fumes coming in thru the car at all not fixing it though lol...on the way home i thought i was gonna die the fumes were so bad lol and its entirely too loud for my taste

kain
08-19-2010, 10:39 AM
get used to being around rx7's dude. the fumes and the loud noise are almost unavoidable.

rmeyer114
08-20-2010, 08:15 PM
lmfao..hey man maybe you can help me out with this i got insurance today but this things not idling so hot..whenever im comin up to a light rpms just drop to about 300 then i have to feather the gas to keep it alive..what do you think that might be ?

JITB
08-20-2010, 09:43 PM
lmfao..hey man maybe you can help me out with this i got insurance today but this things not idling so hot..whenever im comin up to a light rpms just drop to about 300 then i have to feather the gas to keep it alive..what do you think that might be ?

check vaccum lines..thats what i would do...

rmeyer114
08-20-2010, 10:45 PM
checked em all..there was one vaccum line disconnected so i reconnected it and still same issue.

kain
08-20-2010, 10:59 PM
the fact of the matter is you are going to need to replace the tps. also, get a haynes manual and check all the sensors to make sure they are in spec.

rmeyer114
08-21-2010, 09:40 AM
alright sounds good man...thank you

kain
08-22-2010, 05:17 PM
or try this. depin the connector on both sides, and clean the pins. that may help out some. the connectors get oxidized easy and removing them causes problems when you reconnect them. thats what happened. the car sat for quite some time on numerous occasions so.. yah. check the TPS and the connector.

rmeyer114
08-25-2010, 08:35 PM
that actually helped some it still drops down but it comes up and it idles by itself so im not stressin it for now...had first repair on the car today brake line on passenger side was leakin took it off and cleaned it up and tightened it back up gonna see if that might of been all or if im gonna have to replace it .. so far still has pressure after test drive but i guess we'll see

kain
08-25-2010, 09:42 PM
did you bleed the brakes?

rmeyer114
08-25-2010, 09:57 PM
yeap didnt appear to be any leakage but it was almost dark by the time i had gotten that far but i got brake pressure for now ... if it goes out tomorrow ill know what i need to do and it's a cake job

kain
08-28-2010, 06:51 PM
yah. dont fuck around with brakes.

rmeyer114
09-01-2010, 09:28 AM
nope ive had brakes go out on me before and thats no good..i gotta replace the rear brakes just started hearing a grindage lastnight omw home from work so i think im gonna replace em monday

kain
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
ah ok. good call.

rmeyer114
09-01-2010, 08:06 PM
yeh i thought so..hopefully it makes it through the rest of the week without changing em cause i still gotta get back and forth to work this week till monday

kain
09-01-2010, 11:49 PM
they should be fine. they came with brand new vato zone brake pads.

rmeyer114
09-02-2010, 09:10 AM
hmm

kain
09-03-2010, 01:19 PM
hmmm. the rear pads. change them. lol.

rmeyer114
09-04-2010, 03:01 PM
yeah im gonna put those hawk performance pads adam threw in with the car

kain
09-07-2010, 07:59 AM
oh. ok. cool.

rmeyer114
09-08-2010, 09:00 PM
changed out the cat and fixed the exhaust leak today purrs like a kitten, did adam know there was nothing in the old cat besides pipe?

rmeyer114
09-08-2010, 09:04 PM
oh and passed emissions w flying colors

RemoteX-7
09-09-2010, 12:01 AM
I cant believe i just read all fucking 8 pages for your ass rob... wtf.

any of you guys happen to have the bottom L bracket from the Disc brake caliper of a 1983-85 GSL that us used to put tension on the e brake? I need both the left and right smh. my e brake no work right now cuz of it >__<

rmeyer114
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
yeah u like that carlton hahaha

kain
09-13-2010, 11:30 PM
yah. he knew. i mentioned it earlier in the thread. it was clean as a whistle with the air pipe connected to it. that thing never failed emissions.

sp what did you change out to get it running right? i assume it runs 100% top notch now right?

DeeAOne
09-14-2010, 02:48 AM
all this talk makes me want to go rotary. lol

rmeyer114
09-16-2010, 11:54 AM
to be honest i changed out the cat had the exhaust leak fixed and cleaned the tps and re adjusted it and it runs id say about 95% top notch...still a tired motor though ... u got an estimate of how many miles is on this motor ?

kain
09-17-2010, 10:01 AM
the actual estimation is "who the fuck knows"

RemoteX-7
09-17-2010, 12:12 PM
dude rob. dont get a new motor just yet. go buy some seafoam and put it in the gas tank, clean out the engine first. itll run 100% better. ive seen ppl free up seized engines with that shit and they continue to run another year or more. and its only like 6 bucks a bottle, advance has basically a buy one get one free type deal going on. i just got two bottles for mine.

kain
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
the engine is old and tired. trust me on this one man. i know it better than anyone here.

rmeyer114
09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
yeah ill take you word for it pete, im gonna start a rebuild fund here shortly soon as i get caught up on my bills

RemoteX-7
09-19-2010, 09:23 PM
w.e kain... you dont know crap! =P

andy's light up beer tab is teh shit. =p bahahahahahah

kain
09-21-2010, 12:52 PM
o well. i think i saw you at ogta.

RemoteX-7
09-30-2010, 01:42 AM
o well. i think i saw you at ogta.

lol yeah you did. hence my andy's beer tab joke. i drive the red fb with no gas cap door, i rode in with the guy in the green 3rd gen.

kain
09-30-2010, 11:49 AM
yah. im the guy with the red t2.

rmeyer114
10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
where were u tonite peter

kain
10-08-2010, 03:06 PM
sick as a dog man. i could not make it out man. i even didnt go to work or school, so i missed everything. dont worry, im coming to the next one man. who knows, the haltech might be installed by then. who knows. ZING.

rmeyer114
10-11-2010, 09:26 PM
well hope to see u then man .. been wantin to meet the man who helped take care of my car before me

kain
10-15-2010, 11:11 PM
ok. will do.

rmeyer114
11-02-2010, 08:26 PM
i wannnnt yooouur bummmmmperrrrrr

kain
11-03-2010, 12:18 AM
lol