PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start even when using carb fluid?

HeyItsSkeero
06-13-2010, 01:13 AM
So today I got gas from this place I normally always stop at, because it's the we need to save that in god we trust place. Then I drove about an hour, and I was getting off of the freeway. My car started making this weird grinding noise, I stopped looked over everything and it looked fine, so I turned the car off and back on it stopped for a second and then came back. So I pulled off because I was just 8 minutes from home, I make it about 2-3 minutes away from there and my car died. (I'm used to it doing that because my car will die when I slow down sometimes pos) So I stop, and it would start to roll over and then it would die again. I started it and kept revving it, it came on and would stay on as long as I held the RPM's above 4 grand, I go to another gas station get the no ethanol gas, then go to walmart and get some fuel injector cleaner. I started heading to my dads house so he can look over it and make sure it's okay, and it died on the freeway... I couldn't get it too start back up or anything, so I get it towed to my dads house and we pull the spark plugs out and they're black... (Btw fuel pump is turning on) We replace them and the car still wouldn't start. The tow driver told me that I'm the fifth person who he's towed from bad gas from this place. So I'm thinking it could be the gas? Would draining the tank and getting new gas and running injector cleaner through again get it back to where it should be?

Btw car is 00 Si, still b16. Thanks.

Theycall_Metue
06-13-2010, 09:30 AM
did you pump super? some gas station has water inside their tank, that can be a start

HeyItsSkeero
06-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah I only run 93. :/

Bacon
06-14-2010, 02:44 AM
any check engine lights? miles on the motor?

things to consider:
~new plugs
~new wires
~new fuel filter
~check timing

Barefoot
06-14-2010, 01:51 PM
any check engine lights? miles on the motor?

things to consider:
~new plugs
~new fuel filter
~check timing
thats what i would do.
if u was 110% it was the fuel.

hondaxpurt
06-22-2010, 02:39 PM
crank sensor? are you getting spark? if your are, its a fuel problem. may be a crank sensor.

HeyItsSkeero
06-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Replaced it, check my other thread please.