PDA

View Full Version : 2nd attempt at HDR

boostedb16
06-11-2010, 10:34 PM
i redid the same three shots in a different program. this is my second try and i will try again i am sure.

here is the first try.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1265/4664954243_b8869b70b3_b.jpg

-EnVus-
06-11-2010, 10:39 PM
I see an F in the tree ??:thinking:

CHADbee
06-11-2010, 10:41 PM
*sigh* dude...your better than this.

look at the way the front wheel is turned, the windows being down, the for sale sign, the distracting red part inside the cab, the reflections in the windshield....and its in a driveway!

im not a fan of HDR but regardless the key to any technique of photography is you have to start with a good image. HDR, see through hood shots or any other "style" or "technique" doesnt MAKE a photo. it can ADD to it but it wont MAKE it.

:cheers:

e30pwr
06-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Its a lot better than your last edit. But as chad said there are distractions. I'd like to see the car against a nice sunset for HDR shot.

boostedb16
06-11-2010, 10:44 PM
yea i know, i am bad to just be sitting in the house and think about something and go try it. i will set up a good shot and do the same.

YokotaS13
06-11-2010, 10:46 PM
that is NOT HDR
that is tone mapping

boostedb16
06-11-2010, 10:52 PM
that is NOT HDR
that is tone mappingthree shots at different exposer's merged together by clicking "merge to HDR". what else would you call it?

[3000gt20s]
06-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I see an F in the tree ??:thinking:

damn i saw that "f" in the tree too....lol

boostedb16
06-11-2010, 11:36 PM
lol, its not a F. i downloaded the trial verson of this program to see if i like it and it watermarks your picture with photomatix 3 times and i took it out and missed some of the "P".

-EnVus-
06-11-2010, 11:45 PM
lol, its not a F. i downloaded the trial verson of this program to see if i like it and it watermarks your picture with photomatix 3 times and i took it out and missed some of the "P".

ahhhhhhhh lol

NCPhotog
06-11-2010, 11:57 PM
getting there. i am not a fan of hdr unless it is one that you can not tell it is a HDR. the picture below is about 20 exposures. i first took them into Photomatix i belive that is how you spell it. then after that i took the tif file into PS and got this picture

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/3776577253_3e5525ef21_b.jpg

CHADbee
06-11-2010, 11:58 PM
getting there. i am not a fan of hdr unless it is one that you can not tell it is a HDR. the picture below is about 20 exposures. i first took them into Photomatix i belive that is how you spell it. then after that i took the tif file into PS and got this picture

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/3776577253_3

hey you sexy bitch :boobies:

YokotaS13
06-12-2010, 12:23 AM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/3776577253_3e5525ef21_b.jpg
This is goooooood
you can still tell a bit of tone mapping remains around the rear bumper between the exausts, and around the left tailight area, but this is a great picture and almost perfect example of HDR used in a NON destructive way

Dwisforme05
06-12-2010, 01:07 AM
*sigh* dude...your better than this.

look at the way the front wheel is turned, the windows being down, the for sale sign, the distracting red part inside the cab, the reflections in the windshield....and its in a driveway!

im not a fan of HDR but regardless the key to any technique of photography is you have to start with a good image. HDR, see through hood shots or any other "style" or "technique" doesnt MAKE a photo. it can ADD to it but it wont MAKE it.

:cheers:

you go girl

lol

Boostedb16- i dont even know why you are resorting to HDR. your shots in the past have always been super easy on the eyes and clear. im not liking this change, go back to your old ways!

boostedb16
06-12-2010, 02:11 PM
you go girl

lol

Boostedb16- i dont even know why you are resorting to HDR. your shots in the past have always been super easy on the eyes and clear. im not liking this change, go back to your old ways!thanks, i am not going to do this to every shot, i will be watching tv or something and something pops in my head and go right then and try it. thats why there's some random shitty back grounds and driveway shots. i am trying to not post most of them but i just liked the way this one looked. thanks for the compliment on my other shots.

Nemesis
06-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I think the photo is beautiful and captured wonderfully. Fuck the haters man, keep up the awesome work.

hatas gonna hate :ninja:

CHADbee
06-12-2010, 03:10 PM
I think the photo is beautiful and captured wonderfully. Fuck the haters man, keep up the awesome work.

hatas gonna hate :ninja:

IHOPEYOUCHOKEONADOODOOBAR

boostedb16
06-12-2010, 03:12 PM

hatas gonna hate :ninja:thanks. i think, i cant tell if that was sarcastic or not lol. either way i will see you tomorrow. anyways a guy on nikoncafe gave me some starting settings to go by so it would not have a cartoon look to it, which i kinda like in some picture's. here it is again after these settings.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4016/4693602919_2e22c55183_b.jpg

cVon128
06-12-2010, 10:09 PM
That last one looks a lot better to me. It brings out detail in the truck. And if you are experimenting with a picture, who cares what background or other minor mishaps the image has. No offense to anybody, but this section obviously needs an approval meter so that people can rate the pics posted. Hell I know that some of the ones I posted last time looked like shit compared to some I have done recently. But that is all trial and error to get better at what you do. I like to see people trying different styles of post processing. If they didn't, all the pics would look the same. :)

Genji-Sama
06-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Lol @ this thread. I think the 2nd attempt is a lot better, but why try on this photo. i would've tried on something more appealing.

boostedb16
06-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Lol @ this thread. I think the 2nd attempt is a lot better, but why try on this photo. i would've tried on something more appealing.read post above your's.

Genji-Sama
06-13-2010, 02:50 PM
read post above your's.

Yeah, I lol'd at the thread in it's entirety, meaning i read that post, but I assumed that you could speak for yourself, so I directed the question at you.
BTW: Yours is possessive, your's means "your is".

boostedb16
06-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I lol'd at the thread in it's entirety, meaning i read that post, but I assumed that you could speak for yourself, so I directed the question at you.
BTW: Yours is possessive, your's means "your is".thanks webster. have you ever heard of trying something out and posting it for someone that knows about this kind of stuff to give advise? now if i would have asked the question on how to fuck up a integra by painting odd parts black then i would have directed the question to you.