PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Ls/vtec or B20vtec??

90_sedan
06-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Im looking to start a build and dont know which one would be better. Ls/vtec or b20vtec?:thinking: Could someone help me make a wise decision? Thanks.

Bacon
06-09-2010, 10:12 PM
As long as you do it right, either will be great. CR-Vtec will be torquier.

KevinT707
06-09-2010, 10:21 PM
As long as you do it right, either will be great. CR-Vtec will be torquier.
Truth, the important part is doing it right.

Bacon
06-09-2010, 10:31 PM
One of the big things that are recommended is a block girdle ~~~~> http://www.function7.com/products/b16grd

You can grab a GSR gridle and re-machine it but the above link is specifically designed for either block you want to use and it is a 5-main instead of the 3-main that the GSR is.

Just do your research and see how other people built theirs.

FasTech
06-10-2010, 05:37 AM
B20vtec = torque monster.

90_sedan
06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
awsome. thanks. but another question. which is better? a sandwich plate or put a tee off the oil sending unit?

Bacon
06-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Trying to accomplish what with this?

JVP
06-10-2010, 08:33 PM
get a gsr head and use pro3 cams that a monster head !

Bacon
06-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Good head but fewer IM choices. Set your goals first and then do the research to decide what parts to get.

90_sedan
06-14-2010, 09:48 PM
i'd like to get about 200 whp out of it. or close to it.

Papa_Smurf
07-01-2010, 12:13 PM
One of the big things that are recommended is a block girdle ~~~~> http://www.function7.com/products/b16grd

You can grab a GSR gridle and re-machine it but the above link is specifically designed for either block you want to use and it is a 5-main instead of the 3-main that the GSR is.

Just do your research and see how other people built theirs.

how much is that girdle? i cant find a price anywhere.

Just_CHill
07-02-2010, 06:58 AM
i'd like to get about 200 whp out of it. or close to it.

Do your research, check out other's builds and see what they did to get where they are at. Put together a list of what you need to do and the go from there.

http://www.b20vtec.com is a good place to check out.

fastlee
07-05-2010, 12:29 PM
do the b20vtec build. i personally like it better than ls vtec. More torque and my motor was screaming vtec when i had the build.

Bacon
07-05-2010, 04:17 PM
It's a matter of preference really. You can do either and resleeve it to what you want so you can initially get the same result. LS blocks are easier to come by.

Papa Smurf, I believe the price is around $200 but don't hold me to it. I will find it and PM you.

do the b20vtec build. i personally like it better than ls vtec. More torque and my motor was screaming vtec when i had the build.

What you personally like may not necessarily be what OP is looking for. List your former build to give the OP an idea.

SPOOLIN
07-16-2010, 07:29 PM
how much is that girdle? i cant find a price anywhere.

do yourself a favor and dont worry about the "girdle"....Main Cap Bridge.

Papa_Smurf
07-16-2010, 09:04 PM
do yourself a favor and dont worry about the "girdle"....Main Cap Bridge.

care to explain?

SPOOLIN
07-17-2010, 09:47 AM
yeah its not worth the time to do it, you can either find a trashed gsr block with the caps and the bridge ready to go and line bore your LS block to make it work or you can go through all of the shit of machining down the main caps in the ls block to accept the bridge but in the end, you really don't gain anything but the over engineering that went into it in the first place. Honda beautifully over engineered these engines, whether its an oil spuirter, a main cap bridge, or the balance shafts of the H, its all stuff that really didn't make a difference but was there to try and make a difference.

I'm going off my own experience here, and my race engines are always LS bottoms ends and i never use the bridges, revving to 10k+ and making over 700 on some and over 800 on mine. The best thing anyone can ever do is make their engine builds as simple as possible. My Main bearings never come out looking like crap thats for sure or really any bearing for that matter.

Papa_Smurf
07-17-2010, 04:00 PM
yeah its not worth the time to do it, you can either find a trashed gsr block with the caps and the bridge ready to go and line bore your LS block to make it work or you can go through all of the shit of machining down the main caps in the ls block to accept the bridge but in the end, you really don't gain anything but the over engineering that went into it in the first place. Honda beautifully over engineered these engines, whether its an oil spuirter, a main cap bridge, or the balance shafts of the H, its all stuff that really didn't make a difference but was there to try and make a difference.

I'm going off my own experience here, and my race engines are always LS bottoms ends and i never use the bridges, revving to 10k+ and making over 700 on some and over 800 on mine. The best thing anyone can ever do is make their engine builds as simple as possible. My Main bearings never come out looking like crap thats for sure or really any bearing for that matter.

good to know. preciate your input!