PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Turbo....exhaust leak question

tlh89
06-09-2010, 08:28 PM
So when i hit full boost, 8 psi, afterwards i have a noticeable exhaust leak. Sounds as if its coming from the manifold. It doesnt do it unless i hold it at full boost for a couple seconds. If i just spool it up to about 4-5psi it doesnt do it. Also afterwards, if i drive the car normal for about 10 minutes(out of boost) it goes away until i do it again. What could be causing this? Sorry, yes im a newb. Thanks for your help!

Setup is a EG hatch w/ GSR, log manifold,57 trim, turbonetics evolution wastegate, and 3'' turbo back.

jdmDC20
06-12-2010, 09:50 AM
sounds like a wastegate leak since its only happening under pressure...

did you ever take apart the wastegate to change to spring? check and make sure the hex bolts going around the wastegate are tight and sealed, as well as the gasket inside hasn't shifted.

also just make sure everything has a proper gasket and is tight. most of the time since the wastegate is so easy to take on and off, ppl forget that the gasket gets worse everytime.
log mani's are pretty hard to get a good look at for this, but make sure there aren't any cracks or tiny holes... but then again you'd hear that all the time, doesn't hurt to check though.

when you start to hear your exhaust leak, does the car bog down any? lose boost?

Theycall_Metue
06-13-2010, 12:01 AM
waste gate open up and exhaust goes out the dump pipe :lmfao:
and could be a sticky waste gate and it takes time to close fully again