PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Accord Code 12 & throttle problem?

Turbodude06
06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Ok well Honda-Tech isn't helping me so I'll try good old IA for some help - Ok so I just did an H22 swap on this 94 accord of mine. And from the beggining I've been throwing two cel codes. One is code 12 (EGR system) and code 17 (VSS problem). The VSS I've come to the conclusion is the notorious gauge cluster problem the accords have, which I have ordered off ebay. But the code 12 is killing me. I've cleaned all the vaccum lines, cleaned the EGR valve and made sure it worked by sucking on the vaccum line and it moved very easily, also changed the EGR solenoid out along with some purge valve thingy(I'll have to look it up its on the drive fender that the vaccum from the EGR valve runs to). I'm stumped cause its not running good, it won't go over 5,500 RPM's and its hard to drive it won't keep a steady speed, which I thought was the TPS sensor but I've already replaced that and made sure it had the right volts. Then I replaced the whole throttle body off my buddys car that ran great and mine ran the same, so it has nothing to do with the throttle body. If anyone can give me some ideas please let me know???

-P.S. Another weird problem is if I let off the throttle when driving it takes a second or two for the car to actually responed to me letting off(It will keep pulling for a little bit). And if its parked and I hit the throttle it will go up in the RPM's but when it comes back down you can hear this thump noise in the intake and then the RPM's will go down. I know this probably all has to do with the same problem but I'm just trying to explain the symptoms of it...