PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV NEW MORTAL KOMBAT?!?!

Maverick
06-08-2010, 09:57 PM
dood looks bad ass, i just think Sonya looks busted....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHI7Mojfz_E

TIGERJC
06-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I kinda like the dark knight take on it, but something says this will be a huge fail since the guy from spawn is in it

The Ninja
06-09-2010, 12:21 AM
OMFG I HAVE A GAY CRUSH ON THIS MOVIE. If the rest of the movie plays out like shit and just has half way decent fight scenes, then it would have done enough to satisfy me to the grave.

I cannot wait to see this.

-EnVus-
06-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Wow i loved the Mortal Kombat movies i hope this release is soon...

NewGen33
06-09-2010, 12:58 AM
I was just about to post this...
Here the video in HD and a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk&feature=player_embedded
http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1095467p1.html

We're not exactly sure where this video came from. Is it Warner Bros. viral marketing plan for the new game? Is it a sales pitch to attract investors for another movie?

What we do know, is that this is the best live-action Mortal Kombat anything, in the history of ever.

Watch the YouTube video below and see for yourself a very gritty, very real world take on the once and future kombatants of Outworld. Follow Detective Jackson (or "Jacks" as the last two letters are faded on his office door, a nod to "Jax") as he flips through dossiers on Fatality-happy folk like Reptile and Baraka, setting the stage for what could be the best thing to ever happen to the MK movie franchise.

Give it a click to watch "Baraka Begins".
But is this some sort of long-formed pitch for a movie? Or is it a first salvo to promote the new game, just a few days shy of E3?

Latino Review seems to think that it is a "test video shot for Warner Brothers to get funding for a full-blown, hard "R"-rated MK movie".

Our fanboy brethern at CHUD.com further support the proof-of concept-idea, as Devin Faraci reports that he recently chatted with someone involved with the game's latest film adaptation, where he learned that "the hook of [the MK movie]" is going to be realism. Also, CHUD's source revealed that the movie would include the origins of Reptile and Baraka, which get a tease in the video.

Hell, IGN even gave the actor who plays "Jacks" in the vid a call, The Dark Knight's Michael Jai White. His reps told us that White believed the shoot was a marketing component for the game.

What Say You about the MK video?

As IGN Movies continues to track down what exactly the video is, What Say You about it? Clearly, this footage, which runs shy of 8 minutes, is better than the combined running times of the previous live-action films. Could this be the turning point videogame movies need to break the box office and critical stigma - more Seven gritty and less Prince of Persia everything?

Put down your old SNES and Genesis controllers and give us an opinion or six in the Comments. Oh, and wherever this video came from - thank you, Internet. Thank you.

Nemesis
06-09-2010, 07:50 AM
omfg I seriously can not wait!!! Seven of Nine as Sonya Blade??? Its a dream come true for this nerd!

black_e92
06-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm huge Mortal Kombat fan but very disappointed at the way these characters look... Baraka isn't black with dreads, and reptile well at least make him look like one... I will probably end up watching the movie though...

ShooterMcGavin
06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
pretty baller looking

LizBiz
06-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Looks like it's going to be good!! I am a bit upset with how the characters look too!!! Busted Sonya Blade FTL she doesn't look like she can fight!!!

I got a new trailer this one is 8 mins. Don't know if it's the same as the ones posted already but oh well!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhy3h36Mk0q16ZbiVR

Maverick
06-10-2010, 05:41 PM
its the same one dood

Tuan
06-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Imdb doesn't show michael jai white under this movie. weird.

HypnoToad
06-17-2010, 01:23 PM
I hope this is real and comes out...I mean its bout time for a good dark MK reboot,I hated what it has become in the last 5-10 years.