PDA

View Full Version : My Door Is Stuckkkkkkkkkkkk>>>?????????????????

geezy
06-07-2010, 05:26 PM
SO today i went to the store.. came back with no problem.. went back to the car and the door didnt open.. i thought maybe its locked.. unlocked it with the key.. no luck..went to the passenger side to open it threw the inside and no luck once again.... i kinda hit the door in the handle area..n tried pulling it but it wont open.??? what could be the problem?:thinking:

dohc4.6sc
06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
rod on inside of door panel attached to the handle fell off or broke.

geezy
06-07-2010, 07:31 PM
rod on inside of door panel attached to the handle fell off or broke.

so now i cant open it??? how can i fixx it?

dohc4.6sc
06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
take off your door panel and see if the rod fell off you will probably have to use a flat head (from the inside) to slide the locking mechanism. but thats only if you cant get the panel off without the door being open. once you get the panel off the rod is either gonna be broke or it fell off and either way i would suggest replacing it. i dont know about your car specifically but there should be a plastic piece that hold the rod onto the door handle and thats most likely what broke (if there is one) but other then that just be creative and have common sense and you should be able to get it open.

geezy
06-07-2010, 09:21 PM
take off your door panel and see if the rod fell off you will probably have to use a flat head (from the inside) to slide the locking mechanism. but thats only if you cant get the panel off without the door being open. once you get the panel off the rod is either gonna be broke or it fell off and either way i would suggest replacing it. i dont know about your car specifically but there should be a plastic piece that hold the rod onto the door handle and thats most likely what broke (if there is one) but other then that just be creative and have common sense and you should be able to get it open.

thanks bro

Theycall_Metue
06-07-2010, 10:32 PM
window can be use as a door also
like he said

geezy
06-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Day 2 : today i opened the door panel half way since the door wont open at all and i cant take it apart.. i ran out of ideas. i dont see any broken peices... what could cause the door not to open?? :(

Turbodude06
06-09-2010, 01:11 PM
If it won't open from the inside or the outside, Its either going to be a rod at the door mechanism lol(What ever u want to call it) Or it went bad. I've had this happen before but the biggest thing is getting the door panel off, Good Luck cause thats about impossible with the door closed....

geezy
06-09-2010, 11:43 PM
If it won't open from the inside or the outside, Its either going to be a rod at the door mechanism lol(What ever u want to call it) Or it went bad. I've had this happen before but the biggest thing is getting the door panel off, Good Luck cause thats about impossible with the door closed....

its been impossible

Humphrizzle
06-12-2010, 01:54 AM
are they power locks?

geezy
06-12-2010, 07:13 PM
are they power locks?

yes but from the inside and outside it locks. everything works. except its stuck.. wont open at all..

how can i get it to break lose

98blackcivic
06-16-2010, 11:12 PM
try wedging something in between where the door latches onto the body..thats how my mech opened it...its not easy...he did damage some of the siding on the door and the car...but at least he got it open