PDA

View Full Version : ...ah, damn Ford.

FasTech
06-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Needed: 2.9l v6 Ford bronco II motor.

I DO NOT want a motor thats in pieces or blown. I need a complete motor that runs and reliable enough to be used as a DD. Preferrably would love to see and hear motor run. If in wrecked vehicle, etc. I know these motors are a dime a dozen. PLEASE be in all honesty when replying to my thread. If I can find one cheap enough thats in bad condition, I might just buy it to have for simple parts or rebuild. So, don't be afraid to throw it at me but be honest about problems.

Thanks IA, Tyler.

Extra Parts on list:
*Brush Gaurd
*Grill
*Any black interior
*Performance parts for 2.9l v6.

silversol
06-07-2010, 02:27 PM
are you so sure they are a dime a dozen???? Every one I have ever seen has been blown. My buddy got 3 from a junk yard before he got a good one for his ranger.

FasTech
06-07-2010, 03:59 PM
are you so sure they are a dime a dozen???? Every one I have ever seen has been blown. My buddy got 3 from a junk yard before he got a good one for his ranger.

I've ran across plenty of them, just either at those times... I didn't have the cash, they wanted an arm and leg because they were rebuilt, or they wanted to sell as a whole and not part the motor. I mean, maybe not as common as a sbc350 but not super rare.

Ask your buddy if he'd like to part one of those junkers out.

-EnVus-
06-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Damn dude my dad just junk yard a running Bronco II with this motor and 5spd. only had 120k miles the body was rusted out beyond repair.
GL on your search this motor also came in a few box rangers....

FasTech
06-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Damn dude my dad just junk yard a running Bronco II with this motor and 5spd. only had 120k miles the body was rusted out beyond repair.
GL on your search this motor also came in a few box rangers....

Ah, that sucks. I would have paid more than he got for scrap. And thanks, I know they came in the rangers too.. so, I'm just hoping something comes along kinda soon.