PDA

View Full Version : I'm the luckiest person today (Wed)

speedminded
03-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Soo I'm running 400 N. today 80-85mph right below Cumming...had a 4runner come on my ass in the left lane so I got on it to pass a couple cars and let him go by me....he flew by and then about 50 yards in front of me gets stuck in traffic while I'm still going 85mph.... I top a small hill and there's the good ole blue and white sitting between construction barrels pointing a laser at me. I saw the lense disappear then his tires start to spin in the grass...yep, i am dead. The GSP pulls out with 2 cars behind me...I see him weaving from shoulder to shoulder trying to figure out how to get around them....both cars running side by side and he can't go into the soft median and too much construction on the outside. He was not even 3 feet off the cars rear bumper behind me and I knew he was coming after me. I get off at exit 14 and he finally gets around one of the cars and behind me to blip the horn and show me those pretty blues...

"Any idea what the speedlimit is down there"....yeah, probably 55 due to construction. "Nope, you just barely missed it so it's 65"...ok, that's good....I guess. "Any idea how fast you were going"...probably around 80..."close, try 84"...ow, my insurance is going to love me. "License and insurance please"...gave him my license and the first insurance card that says acura on it. "When was the last time you got a speeding ticket" I was 18 sir "and how old are you now?" 24. He comes back and says my card is expired, "where are you going in such a hurry?" Told him my car just started pulling right pretty hard so i knew the right rear tire was getting low and I was trying to get up to the next exit to get some air in it (it really was low!...had just over 20psi.) "Tell you what, instead of writing you a speeding ticket I'm gonna give you one for no proof of insurance"...I completely missed the instead of part and started looking for the latest card...he's like, "stop fumbling around, you didn't hear me did you?" "INSTEAD of writing you a speeding ticket I'm giving you one for no proof of insurance" ...I'm like, okkkk, thankyou. He's like, "it's just a small ticket, but guess what?...if you call this number right here [showing me the ticket that's written out] and explain to them you have the valid insurance card, may have to fax them a copy....then she'll tear up the ticket" ....okkkk, thankyou sir, more than you'll ever know.

Right before he walks away he asks, you ever run up 129? Sure, quite a bit...? "I'm the one that's always sitting up there....don't let me catch you crossing my double yellow line" Yes, sir.

I turned the car off when he originally went back with the license & insurance and left my lights on. By this time a couple Forsyth counties had showed up....and when I went to start the car...oops, dead battery. Son of a bitch, i get out and walk up to the gsp who was all ready with his belt on to pull out and told him i left my lights on can i get a jump, I have cables?" Chuckles, sure your cables or mine? He jumps me off and says I should have enough air in that tire to make it over to the gas station. :D

b18hb
03-31-2005, 01:29 AM
haha... good story

quickdodgeŽ
03-31-2005, 04:26 AM
Why does that make you the luckiest person? Lots of people get out of speeding tickets. Later, QD.

uncle_el
03-31-2005, 08:35 AM
i thought with the new law, you no longer had to show proof of insurance:

Effective January 1, 2004, acceptable proof of Georgia liability insurance coverage under Georgia auto insurance law will be a valid insurance coverage indicator on your vehicle's tag record on the Department of Motor Vehicle Safety's tag and title database, GRATIS (Georgia Registration and Title Information System).

ah well, better than a speeding ticket, assuming you have insurance, lol. ;)

B16a2 Civic
03-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Why does that make you the luckiest person? Lots of people get out of speeding tickets. Later, QD.

Lol...QD....your crazy

Brandon C
03-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeah w/the new law they are not supposed to write tickets for no proof anymore it's all run through your tag now.

Julio
03-31-2005, 10:35 AM
yup yup, need no paper no more.

Bajjani
03-31-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm the unluckiest person ever then. I got pulled over on I-24 heading back to school, about 100 miles outside of Louisville. I was like is there a problem officer? And he was like you were speeding, and I KNEW I was not speeding. I was like, umm, how fast was I going, he tells me 77 in a 60. Well, I look in front of me, and not even 10 feet in front of where I stopped, there is a speed limit sign, and guess what that speed limit sign said, 70!! I was like sir, are you serious? There is a sign right there it says 70. He started gettin pissed I think right about here. He was like BACK THERE IN THE CONSTRUCTION ZONE, it was 60. I was like construction zone? I didn't see a sign or any constructions. His response was, YOU DIDN'T SEE THOSE ORANGE CONES? (Apparently orange cones now means "You are in a construction zone" because thats the only place the exist). Me, being a dumbass, was like, shit, I must have missed them. I already knew this guy was giving me a ticket so I kept bein a dick cause I wasn't about to pay it, not when a sign 10 feet in front of me said 70 and hes giving me one for 77. He came back saying somethin about court and I was like do you really think I'm going to drive back here to come to court. He yelled at me for interupting him. I was like uh huh w/e yea, and kept bein a dick to him. He shouldn't have yelled at me god damn it. So yea, my final comment was, what about all those people going like, 85 in front of me? "I pulled you over cause I clocked you going 77"..Shouldn't that have been his first comment? This cop can lick my balls and die.

chuck
03-31-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm the unluckiest person ever then. I got pulled over on I-24 heading back to school, about 100 miles outside of Louisville. I was like is there a problem officer? And he was like you were speeding, and I KNEW I was not speeding. I was like, umm, how fast was I going, he tells me 77 in a 60. Well, I look in front of me, and not even 10 feet in front of where I stopped, there is a speed limit sign, and guess what that speed limit sign said, 70!! I was like sir, are you serious? There is a sign right there it says 70. He started gettin pissed I think right about here. He was like BACK THERE IN THE CONSTRUCTION ZONE, it was 60. I was like construction zone? I didn't see a sign or any constructions. His response was, YOU DIDN'T SEE THOSE ORANGE CONES? (Apparently orange cones now means "You are in a construction zone" because thats the only place the exist). Me, being a dumbass, was like, shit, I must have missed them. I already knew this guy was giving me a ticket so I kept bein a dick cause I wasn't about to pay it, not when a sign 10 feet in front of me said 70 and hes giving me one for 77. He came back saying somethin about court and I was like do you really think I'm going to drive back here to come to court. He yelled at me for interupting him. I was like uh huh w/e yea, and kept bein a dick to him. He shouldn't have yelled at me god damn it. So yea, my final comment was, what about all those people going like, 85 in front of me? "I pulled you over cause I clocked you going 77"..Shouldn't that have been his first comment? This cop can lick my balls and die.

come on timmy, i figured you'd be smarter than that...

did you go back and look to see if their were signs?? that would have been the first thing i did, if there were no signs then that would get dropped in court unless the speedlimit was just 60 anyway, then you are just speeding and guilty as charged. so he gives pisses you off a little but, then you be a dick to him on purpose, not a good idea. cops can do whatever they want, but they can't always get away with whatever they want to. the only thing you should have done was been mr nice boy from the time you pulled over. but yeah, "i pulled you over cause i clocked you going 77 should have been his first comment" but you said something first and from the sound of it he told you why he pulled you over as soon as you finally gave him a chance. and so what if the speed limit was already 70, you were still speeding.

the best thing you can do when a cop pulls you over is be as polite and respectful as you can (no matter how much of an a-hole the cop may be, i've had 2 jerk cops appoligize to me after i just sat there and took everything they had to throw at me), also make the cop feel comfortable (especially at night).

in general, when he hits the blues just throw on your blinker, pull over as far as you can so they have plenty of room to stand away from any traffic and roll down your window, don't figit for your lisence and reg (cops hate when you do that and shove it in their face when they come to your window). the cop comes and asks for lisc and reg and i always say something along the lines of "its in my wallet/glovebox, let me get it for you" then i move slowly making sure not to look at the cop while i am doing this (this makes them suspicious). just give them you shit, let them run you for warrants, etc. and take the ticket. in certian states, when all is said and done you can ask to see the laser/radar gun (but look at the ticket first, if you were doing 100mph in a 25 and the cop writes the ticket for 35 in a 25 then obviously don't ask to see the gun. i've been pulled over at least 20 times and only have 1 ticket on my record. the others were either written off as warnings or the cop gave me a slip saying how i could get the charges dropped (some small cities do this, especially to out of towners who are polite and respectful, you still have to pay a portion of the fine and the city still makes their money but you don't have the ticket on your record anymore).

but just remember a cop won't write you any ticket if you aren't doing anything illegal, if you are then you are and that's why you get a ticket and no one to blame but yourself.

and congrats jason, always nice to get what you give when a cop pulls you over; respect and honest

BufordŽ
03-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Nice story. Good job.