PDA

View Full Version : Misc Band you wish you had seen in concert...

HalfBaked
03-31-2005, 01:01 AM
I really wish I had seen Rage against the machine in concert.

I would do anything to be able to see them live.

CSquared
03-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Definetely sublime... i was like 11 or 12 when brad nowell died.

Whatever happened to delarocha just out of curiousity? Wasnt he releasing a solo cd?

anything you say? ;)

HalfBaked
03-31-2005, 01:21 AM
He was probably out protesting something. I heard rumors of him doing solo work but I dunno. It'd be interesting to see how he sounds without the rest of the band.

Yes anything!

Chuckster
03-31-2005, 07:24 AM
now are we talking about bands that are not anound any more or just any band?

IanHavok
03-31-2005, 08:23 AM
Small Brown Bike....great band but broke up last year.

Vteckidd
03-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Sublime
Social Distortion -the original cast
Led Zeppelin
The Misfits-with Danzig

CSquared
03-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Im not a HUGE fan of the misfits but there are a few songs of theirs that are f'n awesome. Im not sure what setup it was durring but Dig up her bones is one of my favorites songs.

chuck
03-31-2005, 01:31 PM
i think it was 2 years ago at midtown my stupid girl started bitching right before incubus went on so we had to leave...i've been dying to see them ever since

speedracer41
03-31-2005, 01:48 PM
I wish I could have seen Van Halen, I heard something about a final tour, but that was a long time ago.

accordon17s
03-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Chuck

They might be at midtown this year, Not sure tho..

BTW u missed a KILLER show.

chuck
03-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Chuck

They might be at midtown this year, Not sure tho..

BTW u missed a KILLER show.
if they are i am going no matter what, free tickets or not....i have been dying to see them, and i missed their last local show at the gwinnett arena too.

Chuckster
03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
i think it was 2 years ago at midtown my stupid girl started bitching right before incubus went on so we had to leave...i've been dying to see them ever since

saw that, they put on a great show, should of left that bitch cuz the show was worth it

chuck
03-31-2005, 04:01 PM
saw that, they put on a great show, should of left that bitch cuz the show was worth it
well at the time the bitch was worth more...stupid girls. if they end up not playing at midtown i may scoot up north and visit with some friends for a show, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Tracer
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
If you really want to see and band that puts on the best show live......You guys need to see TOOL. It will leave you speechless after the show.

99SI
03-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Definately Sublime at a small venue, shit would have been hot. Also, the Marshall Tucker Band, they use so many instruments it's just fun music to listen to. When they have instrumentals and long solos they just jam out.

Nittanys1
03-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Smashing Pumpkins, and Jack Jonhson....he is coming to town in sept. but tickets r sold out.....

Cliff
03-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Garth Brooks.....i wish i woulda been able to go and enjoy one of his concerts

Chuckster
03-31-2005, 06:20 PM
If you really want to see and band that puts on the best show live......You guys need to see TOOL. It will leave you speechless after the show.

i would love to see Tool or A Perfect Circle. But i dont think they could top Godsmack, tell ya the truth i dont think anybody could do better then Godsmack. They have put the best show on i have yet to see.

Yup better then KoRn, LP(<--project revolution tour, which was still bad ass) and those are my two favorite bands EVA!

chuck
03-31-2005, 06:27 PM
speaking about bands that put on good shows:

andrew w. k.; it's not really my style but it was by far the most energy filled concert i've ever been to and i couldn't help but going crazy. i pretty much stubled across his set at the warped tour last year. it was crazy, i wish i would have know every word so i could have sung (??) along. he started the first song by bringing a couple up on the stage and giving them microphones and letting them sing along and by the end of the concert he was riding around on the shoulders of some guy in a cow costume and singing into the microphone with like 50 other fans on stage. it was pretty friggin wild.

Tracer
03-31-2005, 08:11 PM
i would love to see Tool or A Perfect Circle. But i dont think they could top Godsmack, tell ya the truth i dont think anybody could do better then Godsmack. They have put the best show on i have yet to see.

Yup better then KoRn, LP(<--project revolution tour, which was still bad ass) and those are my two favorite bands EVA!

I've seen Godsmack live. They were real good but, still my hat goes off to TOOL. Maynard's singing is out of this world. I've seen so many bands but, TOOL is in their own class.

HalfBaked
03-31-2005, 11:23 PM
The best band I've ever seen live is "Boy Hits Car" with Godsmack a close 2nd.

Hulud
03-31-2005, 11:34 PM
GWAR! Thats amazing. NUFF SAID

GTScoob
04-01-2005, 12:28 AM
GWAR! Thats amazing. NUFF SAID

GWAR is incredible live!!!

I wish I could have seen The Smashing Pumpkins or Glassjaw.

BigBoi
04-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I would have to go with Rage Against the Machine as well...

i personally still think 311 puts on the best show

4dmin
04-01-2005, 08:25 AM
i'm w/ Ian Small Brown Bike great band just never got around to seeing them. or Cradle of Filth (kinda refuse to see them now that they have been made out to be a new Marilyn Manson)

Best shows i've seen:

Nirvana (i was in middle school; last time they toured ATL)
Emperor (Ishan is a GOD)
Catharsis (best underground hardcore)
Guttermouth (funny as shit to watch live)
NIN (Trent puts on a great show everytime)
Marilyn Manson (before the makeup they were a good band)
Neurosis (best drums live, w/ 15min intros amazing)
Incantation (best deathmetal band)
Earth Crisis (great crowd response show, back in the XXX days)
Hatebreed (^^^ same as above, 5 years of touring on the same album - lol)

i've probably seen more shows than most people, i could go on for days... but those are a few of my favorites.

Hulud
04-01-2005, 08:52 AM
GWAR is incredible live!!!

I wish I could have seen The Smashing Pumpkins or Glassjaw.
dont worry about glass jaw i thought they were terrible live. they just stand there and do nothing. you might as well just listen to the cd.

Greddypacked
04-01-2005, 09:11 AM
P.O.D would be a great concert to go 2!

Jaimecbr900
04-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Metallica back in the day.

accordon17s
04-01-2005, 09:52 AM
P.O.D would be a great concert to go 2!

Very true... they are a very good band to see live. "Youth of the nation" was like a cult anthem, the crowd was singing louded than the band. They also bring fans up on stage... VERY COOL LIVE!

Chuckster
04-01-2005, 10:49 AM
BliNK 182

Hulud
04-04-2005, 10:39 PM
yea i saw AWK at the warped tour that year twice (California and atlanta) yea that was pretty fun.

GTScoob
04-05-2005, 04:22 PM
BliNK 182

suck live, or at least they did back around Dude Ranch. I didnt ever feel like having to deal with teeny boppers so I never went to any of their newer shows, plus their music went downhill a lot.

If any of you listen to much ska, Streetlight Manifesto and the RX Bandits both put on amazing live shows.

Ryno
04-07-2005, 08:40 AM
I wish I saw At the Gates before they broke up.

Best show I have ever been to was Hatebreed/25 ta Life circa 96-97 in Oakland, CA. I have never seen every single person inside a club go off before like that show. I still have bruises that haven't healed from that show.

Ryno

Hulud
04-07-2005, 11:40 AM
:bigok: lol awesome

SL65AMG
04-07-2005, 12:08 PM
motley crue is commin to ATL...in september 05 .... i think its september

that would be pretty bad ass