PDA

View Full Version : Need a Title!!

JDMirza
06-03-2010, 11:40 AM
i got this car and the girl i bought it from diddnt have the car titled in her name. she had a copy of the original title with the registered owner on it. anyway i got the car checked out by gwinnett's finest and the car is NOT STOLEN but now hes telling me i gotta get in contact with the previous owner who LIVES IN FLORIDA so he can get a title for me. needless to say thats not happening. so is there any other way? ive been reading about title bonds but i dont quite understand them yet, if anyone knows where and how i can get one please let me know.

thanks in advance for any info.

quickdodgeŽ
06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Take the title to the Gwinnett County tag office. If the officer inspected the car for you, you should have received a signed document from him/her that the car checked out ok. All you should have to do is take the title you have, the bill of sale on the car and the document from the officer to the tag office. They can help you from there.

You can't do a title bond on a title you don't have. Later, QD.

JDMirza
06-03-2010, 11:56 AM
i went to the tag office they got me some papers and told me to call the cops up and tell them to come check the car out and fill them out. i called the officer over he came by and told me its not stolen but its not registered in that girls name so she had no right to sell it. idk what im supposed to do now. the title isnt the actual title its a copy of it.

edit: oh yea its registered in florida too

B18c1Turboed
06-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Title Bond is the only way now. With the bill of sale that you ahve you can do a title bond, trust me i do them all the time!

JDMirza
06-03-2010, 12:24 PM
so i mean who do i have to talk to in order to get this "title bond"?