PDA

View Full Version : any one know how to wire fog lights

Eman_jDm
06-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Just got some fogs for my 99-00 civic but the person who sold them to me didn't have a harness. I figured its not to hard to wire them up does any one know exactly how to make my own harness and do I need a relay?

Theycall_Metue
06-03-2010, 03:27 AM
harness? wire coming out of the fog or the harness that connect the switch?
not hard, when i bought my si fogs for my civic. the switch harness was bad so bought a tuggle switch from wal-mart and wire it to there.
where you located? i can probably stop by, have to run to DYNAMIC SOUND and grab some hid, can stop on the way
oh btw, i believe there isnt any fogs for 99-00 civic, unless its si. will probably have to cut bumper

nelson9995
06-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Just got some fogs for my 99-00 civic but the person who sold them to me didn't have a harness. I figured its not to hard to wire them up does any one know exactly how to make my own harness and do I need a relay?

is easy... if you want them to go on when your parking lights go on which is the most common..
then cut the wire for the parking lights and connect them with the wires form the fogs...

Echonova
06-12-2010, 02:21 AM
is easy... if you want them to go on when your parking lights go on which is the most common..
then cut the wire for the parking lights and connect them with the wires form the fogs...Or he could wire it up so he can turn them on and off when there is actually... Oh, I dunno...

FOG!!!!

XanRules
06-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Or he could wire it up so he can turn them on and off when there is actually... Oh, I dunno...

FOG!!!!

this.

nelson9995
06-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Or he could wire it up so he can turn them on and off when there is actually... Oh, I dunno...

FOG!!!!

y such a smart response bro. most ppl i see want it more for show not for fog... so they wire it with the parking lights which is what I think he is trying to do.

Eman_jDm
06-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Yea I want them to turn on and off when I want not with the parking lights. Also forgot to mention I have hid bulbs if that makes a difference? Just want to know how to wire them and I have toggle switches. Also do I really need a relay?

nelson9995
06-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Yea I want them to turn on and off when I want not with the parking lights. Also forgot to mention I have hid bulbs if that makes a difference? Just want to know how to wire them and I have toggle switches. Also do I really need a relay?

ok sorry then...

0\s accord
06-21-2010, 05:31 AM
y such a smart response bro. most ppl i see want it more for show not for fog... so they wire it with the parking lights which is what I think he is trying to do.

your rite most ppl do use them just for looks.... and to be honest they really dont help to much in FOG....H.I.D head lights help alot better.

seanrg1116
06-21-2010, 07:45 AM
this should help.............go to honda and get what u r missing.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/civicfoglights.pdf