PDA

View Full Version : anyone here part of the Union?

jdm-civic
06-02-2010, 07:44 PM
well i went full time today and they gave me the option to be in the Union. What specifically does that mean?is it a good or a bad thing? what are the pro's and cons of doing this?

PROŽ
06-04-2010, 02:07 AM
differs with each industry, what do you do?

BanginJimmy
06-04-2010, 03:55 PM
As a general rule, unions in the south are fairly weak so dont expect too much, but as already said, every union is different.

slostang
06-04-2010, 04:52 PM
differs with each industry, what do you do?

x2

eraser4g63
06-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Unions are worthless in Ga since it is a right to hire right to fire state.

TIGERJC
06-05-2010, 07:11 PM
It all depends what company you work for if you need a union, ask employees and look online to see past employees' views on the company and the union.

I support unions and where I worked I had no other choice but to join the union. The union offers classes for other jobs in the company so you can get certified in and the job protection is also a nice perk with being in the union where I work. Even though we live in a right to work state, the company still has to go by the guidelines negotiated between the company and the union (depends but its hard to just walk right in a fire you). But it also works against you when it comes to pay, since its a structured pay system. The union are weak in the south, but I rather have someone atleast having my back then no one.

ftp
06-22-2010, 11:27 AM
i've been in the teamsters in ny and currently in local 72 here in atlanta....what do ya want to know?

SPOOLIN
06-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I will never work for a union shop. Always voted in by the people who feel entitled in this world. Ruined my dads company that he worked for 35+ years...

Julio
06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
fuck unions.

blaknoize
06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Well I was in the Union (?) when I worked for Kroger. They fought for me many many times. Been hired 5 times in GA even after being fired from Kroger in the north. I'm all for unions. They increased my pay quickly even competing with my I.T. work place.

But as everyone has stated, what do u do?