PDA

View Full Version : oil level

ej1boy93
06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
just wondering what is the corrected oil level for my turbod d16 ? i always keep it a little above the second dot. does this sound right ?

jdmDC20
06-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I've always thought in turbo cars you just need enough to add for the turbo lines/turbo/oil drain. which isn't a whole quart or even close to half a quart. In my b18 turbo i keep it right below the second dot. and my reasoning for that is, if i ran it with the line in the middle of the two dots when i was stock, then keeping it right below the second dot now would mean im adding a little under half a quart. which is enough in my opinion.

having to much oil pressure can also be bad for the car, and turbo.. most turbo feed lines come with a resistor for that exact reason. I would look into getting a little more insight on this other than just me, i'm not a mechanic, this is just what i do and how i justify it.

ej1boy93
06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
ok. well thanks for the info. ive been looking into it and havent really found anything thats why i was asking this question

punkr6
06-01-2010, 11:17 PM
just wondering what is the corrected oil level for my turbod d16 ? i always keep it a little above the second dot. does this sound right ?

just keep it on the full mark, if you wanna add a tad more for the oil lines thats fine, but it won't matter, unless you're running a water hose size line...