PDA

View Full Version : Del sol door handles

Rsporty
06-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Anybody know anything about fixing Del sol door handles or have a junk door with the door handle still in tact that I can look at?
My wife's driver side outside door handle just flops back n forth and won't open the door.
I took the panel off and nothing looks broken, but I did find a spring laying in the bottom of the door.
Can't really see very good where the handle is mounted in the door and don't want to take it apart without really knowing how it goes back together.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1NonlyAccord
06-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Should be held in by only 2 10mm bolts.
unclip the rod that attaches to the latch..just flip the cover and pull out.
Theres a special U shaped clip holding the lock cylinder in and also the handle..Remove the clip and push out the cylinder.
Then you should be able to remove the handle.

But I think for older hondas they have spinning rods that attach to the latch..so if so then pull the handle out and just spin until it comes off.

94_teg_ls
06-07-2010, 09:32 PM
what happens is the round part the spring goes around cracks and the springs fall out ill take a picture to show you

94_teg_ls
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
there you can super glue it but it only last me 2 times so i bought some spares

ATLRoAcH
06-11-2010, 08:19 PM
My Del Sol handles work but they're cracked and shitty looking on the inside. I hate the way Honda did the inside door handles on the Sol. I know they're broke from where the previous owner took the door panels off. I nearly broke them more when I took the panels off myself. I wish the Sol handles were the same as the EG Civic's.