PDA

View Full Version : FIA GT1: Bloomberg Television to cover series

thegreatfnr
05-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Im a little late on this but I just got back from a buddies house and we watched some FIA GT1 on his dvr that he got off of comcast cable and thought Id let IA know about it. He never would have known about this except that he is a stock broker and came across this randomly during the first race and thought to record it.

This series has racing with Lambo, Maserati, Aston, Nissan, Ford, and Chevy in the top class and then the two other classes are full of top of the line sports cars as well. :boobies:

Apparently we only missed the first three races of the season with 7 more to go. Check dates and more out on their website for details. The coverage could be thought of as bland considering there are no announcers at all. It is nothing but ambient engine noise and the like except for the interviews that are broadcasted globally. Not what Im use to but Im definitely not complaining.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=364300&FS=FIA-GT

http://gt1world.com/

http://www.japanesesportcars.com/photos/d/104030-2/2010-nissan-gt-r-fia-gt1-7.jpg

Bloomberg Television To Present FIA GT1 World Championship in 2010 and 2011

SRO Motorsports Group and Bloomberg Television Unveil Two Year Global TV Collaboration

SRO Motorsports Group (SRO), promoters of the new FIA GT1 World Championship and Bloomberg Television, today announced Bloomberg Television will present coverage of the FIA GT1 World Championship for the next two years.

Bloomberg Television, which has a global footprint of over 245 million households, will have news crew on site at FIA GT1 World Championship race weekends producing extensive race coverage, feature material and interviews across the race weekends. In addition, Bloomberg Television will broadcast FIA GT1 races live or delayed in a number of territories as well as broadcasting a one-hour highlights coverage of the whole weekend worldwide.

Having been awarded World Championship status by the FIA World Motor Sport Council, the FIA GT1 World Championship will visit 10 countries in four continents and will feature iconic marques such as Aston Martin, Corvette, Ford, Lamborghini, Maserati and Nissan.

The 2010 Championship starts at the futuristic Yas Marina Circuit Abu Dhabi on April 17 and ends at the spectacular circuit built around a volcanic lake in San Luis circuit in Argentina on December 5.

CEO of SRO, Stephane Ratel said: "Bloomberg Television is a fantastic broadcast affiliate for the FIA GT1 World Championship. They bring with them a very diverse and exciting audience, and one that I'm are sure will really take to the glamour, excitement and passion of a GT1 World Championship race. The series features cars that some of the audience will be familiar with as their own road cars. So seeing them in full GT1 trim, driven by the best sports car drivers in the world, at some of the world's greatest race tracks will have an added resonance and excitement."

Brian Martinez, International Managing Director, Bloomberg Television adds: "The FIA GT1 World Championship is a perfect property for Bloomberg Television to work with. We know that our audience is passionate about sport and we want to provide them with all the latest news updates, stories and features behind this championship."

Bloomberg Television will also broadcast live coverage of the FIA GT3 European Championship series across its global network excluding Asia Pacific which will boost the GT3 audience to new levels. In addition, a 30 minutes highlights program, focusing on the business aspect of the series, events, teams, manufacturers and participants will be show on the weekends.

-source: fia-gt1

Elbow
05-31-2010, 10:04 PM
It's good stuff, I've been watching FIA GT3 as well, I just watch them slightly delayed from Motors TV.

EJ25RUN
05-31-2010, 10:51 PM
I don't see this series surviving in the long term. SRO's plan on a touring car based sprint race format isn't necessary as sports car racing revolves around endurance racing. To add, the ACO sees GT2 as the premier GT class in the world and BMW, Ferrari, and Corvette agree. The last thing SRO and the FIA want is spliting the brands amongst the Formulas as the most important race is Le Mans and all decisions about sports car racing are decided on Le Mans which is an ACO event. All the cars in the GT1 series are many years old and old chassis except the Ford GT and Nissan GTR. ALMS and ACO regs is where sports car racing needs to be. (Yes i know that ALMS regs are not the same as ACO)