PDA

View Full Version : 98 honda civic cooling fan issue!

silversol
05-30-2010, 03:58 PM
I know there is something i am missing! I have checked the fuse swaped the realy with the on next to it! jumped the 2 wire connector and the fan is still not coming on and I am not getting power to the plug! What am i missing?

-EnVus-
05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I know there is something i am missing! I have checked the fuse swaped the realy with the on next to it! jumped the 2 wire connector and the fan is still not coming on and I am not getting power to the plug! What am i missing?

You straight wired up the fans to see if they work and still nothing ?

Eman_jDm
06-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Same thing happened to my fan also on 98 civic. I just connected strate to battery and it worked. Then I just wired it to a wire that gives it power so as long as car is on fan is on too. Just get a wire from batery and put it into the plug and ground it if it turns on fan still works. Good luck

punkr6
06-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Same thing happened to my fan also on 98 civic. I just connected strate to battery and it worked. Then I just wired it to a wire that gives it power so as long as car is on fan is on too. Just get a wire from batery and put it into the plug and ground it if it turns on fan still works. Good luck

^ bad idea, fix the problem, not cause more. Replace the sensor and go from there. Seen a few of them go bad in my day...