PDA

View Full Version : 94 civic problem

ej6kidd
05-29-2010, 12:35 AM
so i got a 94 civic when u turn the key ones the wipers and all gauge lights come on also does it when you turn car all the way on and when you put on head lights and when you put on hazard lights it seems when ever you use power from battery wipers and gauge lights stay on to you turn off what ever i turrned on im lost any help will be reped thanks in advance

ej6kidd
05-29-2010, 09:39 AM
anyone?

00 blk G20t
05-29-2010, 09:57 AM
thats hard to understand.......you should retype the question a little better. let me edit it so i can understand it LOL

i have a 94 civic when u turn the key once the wipers and all gauge lights come on , it also does it when you turn the car all the way on and when you put on head lights or the hazard lights it seems when ever you use power from the battery, the wipers and gauge lights stay on if (?) you turn off what ever i turrned on im lost any help will be reped thanks in advance

haha nope you still lose me at the end.

ej6kidd
05-29-2010, 10:07 AM
thats hard to understand.......you should retype the question a little better. let me edit it so i can understand it LOL

i have a 94 civic when u turn the key once the wipers and all gauge lights come on , it also does it when you turn the car all the way on and when you put on head lights or the hazard lights it seems when ever you use power from the battery, the wipers and gauge lights stay on if (?) you turn off what ever i turrned on im lost any help will be reped thanks in advance

haha nope you still lose me at the end.
lol yea does sound a little off track

heres the deal if the key is out of the ignition and i just turn my head lights on or push the hazard button the wipers and gauge lights come on by it self but if i turn off the head lights off it stops and if i turn the hazrads off also it stops.

also if i turn the key one turn to start the car it does the same thing whipers and all gauge lights come on even if i turn it only once where you know only the radio comes on

00 blk G20t
05-29-2010, 10:16 AM
does everything still function normal otherwise? like when you turn on your wipers do they work? what if your wippers are already on when you turn the key? any delay or anything? sounds like you have a short somewhere.......i assume you checked all your fuses were good? have you done any recent work like behind the radio or anything? taken the dash apart? just trying to get some more fill in info......a short is going to be hard to find,...pretty much a test light and volt meter will be your best friend. trace the power and make sure its not getting crossed with another wire. i.e. when you turn on one thing another thing turns on....crossed wire.

Okie_doke.
05-29-2010, 01:02 PM
does everything still function normal otherwise? like when you turn on your wipers do they work? what if your wippers are already on when you turn the key? any delay or anything? sounds like you have a short somewhere.......i assume you checked all your fuses were good? have you done any recent work like behind the radio or anything? taken the dash apart? just trying to get some more fill in info......a short is going to be hard to find,...pretty much a test light and volt meter will be your best friend. trace the power and make sure its not getting crossed with another wire. i.e. when you turn on one thing another thing turns on....crossed wire.

X2...and best of luck OP thats a bish

ej6kidd
05-29-2010, 04:54 PM

all fuse are good lol so i found the wiper problem the previous owner had a switch for it i just got the car yesterday as return for a swap i did for the guy so im trying to figure the whole car out it is 100% stock nothing changed older guy but my only issue is now when i turn on head lights or push the hazard button with the key not in igniton it primes fuel pump and gauge lights come on as if i turned the key to the on postion

preferredduck
05-31-2010, 12:31 AM
a short or someone did some bad wiring. it would not hurt to look under the dash and see if you see non stock wiring jobs. i would and any car i get i check that. lesson learned from other people's mistakes.

jdmalltheway
06-01-2010, 10:19 AM
sound to me like the must of connected the wire to your other wires or unless you have a short somewhere.

Barefoot
06-02-2010, 03:42 PM
its like everybody said electrical issue. if u arent sure of yourself with electric diag give me a call.