PDA

View Full Version : General Chat suggestions ek hatch or 4th gen lude???

nstygomez
05-28-2010, 11:56 AM
so i wrecked my dc about a month ago, i need a car asap i want a import again.
i just dont know what to get i found a ek wit a ls and a 4th gen lude with a h22a and lsd tranny. i want something reliable and fast, because i drive alot. i hear that parts for a h22 are harder to find so idk. i would like the 4th gen because you dont see them as often as you do hatches, coupes, and tegs. but i dont want to get it if everything for it is gonna be hard as hell to find..
any suggestions anyone?? ek or lude? thanks in advanced

hseries4
05-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Well, what kind of parts/mods would you want to do to the Prelude that you're worried about not being able to find?

There are some things that are honestly hard to find, but most of it is just hard to find for cheap. Preludes don't have the plethora of parts the Civic (or Integra) will have, and, again, what is available will be significantly more in terms of cost (with the assumption that you buy legit parts). "Reliability and fast" are terms of perspective, so really it just comes down to if you want to play the game.

Arm&hammer
05-30-2010, 09:56 PM
4th gen lude. it will be faster than the hatch and just as reliable.

OnURleft
06-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Off the shelf i don't think there's much comparison to the two cars. The money it would take for the EK to be close to an SH lude would be $$$. I would throw a good header/tune on the lude and I think you'd be impressed. However, if it were me i'd get the Ek because I love a project and I love EK's

em1si
06-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I LIKE THE EK

msanch24
06-14-2010, 04:25 PM
parts are plenty available for the h22a's. just because the parts arent littered on every page of this forum like civic and teg parts doesnt mean they arent out there. you just have to look. when i had my bb6 lude, searching for parts was half the fun. its rewarding when you find the one youre looking for.

Drummerboy
06-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Prelude all the way. That LSD is hard to find itself, so if you can get one, do it. I Love my 4th gen, and I love H22 ludes, even though I run a boosted F22. Davis (a lude guy on IA) had an H22a in his lude with a mild cam and I/H/E and kept up with me at 12psi (until around 110). So I'm sure with basic bolt ons the lude with kill the EK with identical mods.

And 4th gen interiors are gorgeous. If you need pics, lmk.

uho
07-11-2010, 03:23 PM
ya man listen to Drummerboy he knows what he's tlkn about we both have ludes n mine has n h22a1 n there amazing mines bone stock n im amazed at what it can do.
n like he said the interior is sick u can do so many amazing things w/ it plus lke u said u dnt see to many around n i love tht

Franco Tirador
07-13-2010, 05:12 PM
lude, the ek will get stolen if you fix it up, and the lsd tranny with h22 is pretty nice, and VERY reliable, parts are about the same as american h22, wich you can get at any part store

Genji-Sama
07-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Fukk that, buy another DC2. and just buy LSD