PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors Scuba Diving and New boat choices? Ninja Training? Input needed?

Truegiant
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
So as most of you already know I am on my terminal leave or retirement leave from the US ARMY. I am on my third day and loving it. During the next two and a half months I plan on doing alot of stuff that I have been to buys to do in the past. I plan on getting all my military airborne stuff transfered over into civilian certifications, getting my scuba certifications, renewing my NRA instructor liscenses and getting a few more to add to the resume, replinishing the gun supply, and getting a new boat.

My main question about the scuba stuff is what classes are actually information based and which ones are you just diving to get experience? I have been doing my research and most of them your just going out diving and gaining dive experience with an instructor and he is teaching you along the way. Alot of them are just some classroom time with a short dive afterwards. I would like to become instructor certified that way I can have a multitude of class offerings with my new business but its hard to find a full time dive shop that will allow you to use your own boat so you dont have to charter theres at a crazy rate and go dive full time to get the certs all back to back to back.

My main question about the boat stuff is my wife and I are ready for an upgrade. We have decided on something around the 26' mark. It will have twin engines as we want to go offshore. We really like the catamaran design and I have been focused on finding one of those pretty hard core but I came upon a 32' deep v monohull (offshore powerboat center console setup) with newer engines, electronics, and less hours for less money. Anyone on here have experience with 26-32' boats? I am basing most of my info off of research on the powerboat websites. We are not looking for a 70mph boat. We want something that is going to have a good cruise speed (35-40mph) with decent fuel economy. That way I will have my own boat large enough to go 20miles out where all the artificial reefs are down here in savannah and jacksonville.

To give you a back brief I am trying to get as many instructor certifications as possible so I can open up my own one stop shop for the Type A personality tactical nut to get all his training.
Basic Pistol Marksmanship
Advanced Combat Pistol
Basic Rifle
Advanced Rifle
Long Range Rifle (1000m and less)
Close Quarter Battle
In the Home protection (actually go to someones home and teach them how to defend it)
Defensive Driving (get money from the drunks and speeders that have to attend a class)
Arrest Techniques
Combatives/defensive tactics
SERE School (Level 1 only)
Helicopter Flight Instruction
Fixed Wing Flight Instruction
Private Skydiving Lessons
Scuba Diving Lessons
Repo Work
Bounty Hunting
etc, etc

You kind of get the point. If I had a place where I could offer a multitude of services and get 2-3 qualified ninjas that are certified in alot of these as possible as well then I personally feel I could get a wide range of business and income. It would be expensive up front (I already have most of these) but in the long run I think it would allow me to work on my terms and make anice living doing it.

ANY INPUT? QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Thanks Guys.

WickedIXMR
05-29-2010, 03:23 AM
I got a 24 foot catamaran boat with twins that does awesome in some rough water. Its a performance boat that does over 100mph, so you should be fine with a 26 offshore (mine is a offshore boat) especially if you're only planning on doing 40mph. Both hull types have their own benefits.

Truegiant
05-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Pics??? Anyone else have any input on any boat/skydive/scuba stuff?

mm2654
05-31-2010, 01:41 PM
To answer the questions about the scuba class, most all of the technical diving classes such as deep diving, drift, nitrox, and shipwreck are both in class learning and then in water demonstration of proficiency. Also, from what i understand, padi and other scuba certification agencies have yearly due in the thousands of dollars plus any insurance coverage you might need. If you are still interested in becoming a scuba instructor I have a friend who is an independent instructor who might be willing to teach you on your boat. If your interested pm, and good luck with the business.

WickedIXMR
06-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Pics??? Anyone else have any input on any boat/skydive/scuba stuff?
Look up 24 skater.

Truegiant
06-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Those race style cats are nice but not functional for what i want to do. I am thinking a glacier bay 2640 is going to fit the bill with atleast dual 125hps four strokes. No more mixed fuel for me...

I have my appts setup for my flight training in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will get the final go.

Going down to miami for a grad party for my cousins. Then headed to the skydive school to take my jumpmaster civilian cert and try and setup or get signed off on my halo certs.

Scuba at the end of the month. New boat in two months. Pick me up a beater truck. Sell the Z.. then hopefully open up my own store! finally.

WickedIXMR
06-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Those race style cats are nice but not functional for what i want to do. I am thinking a glacier bay 2640 is going to fit the bill with atleast dual 125hps four strokes. No more mixed fuel for me...

I have my appts setup for my flight training in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will get the final go.

Going down to miami for a grad party for my cousins. Then headed to the skydive school to take my jumpmaster civilian cert and try and setup or get signed off on my halo certs.

Scuba at the end of the month. New boat in two months. Pick me up a beater truck. Sell the Z.. then hopefully open up my own store! finally.

Yeah I know its not what you want, but I was trying to give you an idea of what size cats handle in rough waters. Cats handle rough water better than V bottoms so if you're gonna get a V bottom, get something bigger than what you were gonna get in a cat. Also cats can't turn for shit so take that into consideration as well.
Let us know when you open up a new store! I'm always buying random stuff here and there for my guns and would like to through some business your way.