PDA

View Full Version : General Chat VQ35 vs RB26

Odinx269
05-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Just getting a poll of which people think is better and more pratical to modify?

Elbow
05-27-2010, 12:48 PM
I'd go with VQ35, more availability in the US and it sounds cool. lol

5speed
05-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Where is the poll?

As for which motor, it depends on the chassis it is in. You need more details.

ATK_Designs
05-27-2010, 02:59 PM
If you already had a VQ, stick with it. They've been prove to put more than 1000whp. So it's a mod friendly motor with availability parts at a relatively friendly price.

Odinx269
05-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Sorry, really tired didnt mean to say poll meant to say discussion. Yes I know thats a big difference, Im just that tired lol. Yea I have a 350Z and Im in the process of planning what I want to do and a buddy of mine said to do a RB26 swap in it because it is cheaper to mod. I told him the price of the engine and trying to fit it correctly in the Z would be more hassle than good.

Odinx269
05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
I'd go with VQ35, more availability in the US and it sounds cool. lol

Lol yea it does

Odinx269
05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Where is the poll?

As for which motor, it depends on the chassis it is in. You need more details.

Ok well like I said a few posts above, Im working on my Z, and my buddy keeps arguing with me to put the RB26 in it

HypnoToad
05-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Id do a LS swap before doing a RB.

but Id just keep the VQ.

5speed
05-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Id do a LS swap before doing a RB.

but Id just keep the VQ.

Exactly. I would stay with the VQ35. You have to remember that fabricating the RB to fit in there will cost a good amount of money too. The money will be better spent on an engine that is already capable of producing great power. Most insurance companies aren't fond of an older engines in newer cars either.

Odinx269
05-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Exactly. I would stay with the VQ35. You have to remember that fabricating the RB to fit in there will cost a good amount of money too. The money will be better spent on an engine that is already capable of producing great power. Most insurance companies aren't fond of an older engines in newer cars either.

Couldnt agree more

OnURleft
05-28-2010, 02:20 PM
inline 6 vs V6. No comparison if you ask me

sTeadFasT
06-02-2010, 11:41 PM
VQ responds horribly to mods without going FI. You won't be getting much power out of an N/A VQ.

DirtyMechanic
06-03-2010, 12:08 AM
I'd go with VQ35, more availability in the US and it sounds cool. lolare you feeling ok....? your a fan of the VQ over a RB? i think need to check if hell froze over.

VQ responds horribly to mods without going FI. You won't be getting much power out of an N/A VQ.

i dont think thats what he was going to do. and your going to have to narrow that down to DE and re-rup VQs as the HR and VHR make very nice power with N/A mods.

Bacon
06-03-2010, 02:35 AM
The way I see it.....think of a completely random part on a motor that can go wrong....like an EGR valve or something of the sort. Then ask yourself if that part goes out, how easy will it be to replace? RB26 parts like that are kinda hard to get ahold of. Just my :2cents: Stick with the VQ and boost it.

jesus bonill
06-03-2010, 01:07 PM
i think you should check out injected preformance, and stick with the VQ and single turbo it, yes the RB is a pretty nototorious badass motor, but for the availability of some parts, id just stick with the VQ......

besides.......just watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9mdtyQ1x8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE6JcoZmoZg

Odinx269
06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
i think you should check out injected preformance, and stick with the VQ and single turbo it, yes the RB is a pretty nototorious badass motor, but for the availability of some parts, id just stick with the VQ......

besides.......just watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9mdtyQ1x8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE6JcoZmoZg

thanks I appreciate the advice

FoolsDrifFWD
06-03-2010, 04:09 PM
lol @ this thread

Elbow
06-04-2010, 07:20 AM
lol @ this thread

When people say lol @ this thread that just means they don't know anything to say.

FoolsDrifFWD
06-04-2010, 09:37 AM
When people say lol @ this thread that just means they don't know anything to say.

yep i have 0 experience with RB's/VQ's thats it lol you pined the tail on the donkey. In fact i cant even change oil. got me red handed.

Elbow
06-04-2010, 02:08 PM
yep i have 0 experience with RB's/VQ's thats it lol you pined the tail on the donkey. In fact i cant even change oil. got me red handed.

I never said you didn't know anything about them, I said you just don't know what to say opinion wise. lol If you did you'd give some input.

FoolsDrifFWD
06-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Both are good motors and are easy to upgrade. You can find replacement parts for both easily "its not 2004 anymore ppl you can get RB parts anywhere". It really comes down to how much $$$ you have and or willing to spend. If you got $$$ do RB it docent mess up the cars balance "not that ppl care about that around here anyway" and it can handle up to 500 on stock bottom end but i personally wouldint. If you dont have $$$ to burn just use the VQ and turbo/supercharge it.

DirtyMechanic
06-04-2010, 05:43 PM
lol @ this thread

When people say lol @ this thread that just means they don't know anything to say.this

Both are good motors and are easy to upgrade. You can find replacement parts for both easily "its not 2004 anymore ppl you can get RB parts anywhere". It really comes down to how much $$$ you have and or willing to spend. If you got $$$ do RB it docent mess up the cars balance "not that ppl care about that around here anyway" and it can handle up to 500 on stock bottom end but i personally wouldint. If you dont have $$$ to burn just use the VQ and turbo/supercharge it. well you can get anything if you have the money doesnt take a moron to figure that out. and it DOES!!!! kill the balance of the car. iron block vs aluminum.. hmm....

FoolsDrifFWD
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
this

well you can get anything if you have the money doesnt take a moron to figure that out. and it DOES!!!! kill the balance of the car. iron block vs aluminum.. hmm....

then why did you make this thread?????? IMO if you had $$$ you would build wat the hell you warranted to. If you didint have that much $$$ you would ask because you want to be sure before you spend it. And no it does not change the balance the 350Z we made @ lethal has the same weight distribution . It changed to 54/46 wat a big diff from the stock 53/47 lol

Hell they even say it in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MNQf_t6Qgc

all im saying is both motors have the same potential. If you want to spend a lot of $$$/downtime and be diff go RB. If you want to stay affordable "lol @ affordable in the car scene" and have faster turnaround time VQ.

do RD-170 swap. Fuck it DO IT LIVE!!!!!!

DirtyMechanic
06-04-2010, 10:36 PM
then why did you make this thread?????? IMO if you had $$$ you would build wat the hell you warranted to. If you didint have that much $$$ you would ask because you want to be sure before you spend it. And no it does not change the balance the 350Z we made @ lethal has the same weight distribution . It changed to 54/46 wat a big diff from the stock 53/47 lol

Hell they even say it in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MNQf_t6Qgc
all im saying is both motors have the same potential. If you want to spend a lot of $$$/downtime and be diff go RB. If you want to stay affordable "lol @ affordable in the car scene" and have faster turnaround time VQ.

do RD-170 swap. Fuck it DO IT LIVE!!!!!!

I did not make this thread sorry. and i think you completely missed the point of the question...

FoolsDrifFWD
06-04-2010, 10:56 PM
I did not make this thread sorry. and i think you completely missed the point of the question...
how he asked which is better and more practical to modify. wat i said summed it up RB=$$$ VQ= less$$$

Odinx269
06-18-2010, 07:51 PM
then why did you make this thread??????

He didnt, I did, I was just getting peoples opinions what they thought best, didnt mean for it to turn into an argument

Odinx269
06-18-2010, 07:52 PM
how he asked which is better and more practical to modify. wat i said summed it up RB=$$$ VQ= less$$$

and you are right that was the main thing that I was going for

Donboy5
06-21-2010, 03:41 PM
all i can say for ya bro is put a motordyne dual exhaust on it, you will loveee the sound of it, its AWESOME! but yes stick with the VQ imo.

Odinx269
06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
all i can say for ya bro is put a motordyne dual exhaust on it, you will loveee the sound of it, its AWESOME! but yes stick with the VQ imo.

thanks I appreciate it