PDA

View Full Version : New Stock Tip thread

tony
05-27-2010, 06:56 AM
After 39 pages the other one has run its course.

Straying away from pennies for the time being. Portfolio going forward is:

KATX (15k @ .23)
IPHAF (4400 @ .28)
AVNR (1500 @ 2.40)
MELA (120 @ 7.75)
ISTA (300 @ 2.81)
ARNA (280 @ 2.80)

drpepper14
05-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Have not looked at any of those (besides KATX). Made a nice bit on it from .06 up to .20

Have now put a LOT of money into CDIV here, and personally know the few people that own well over 100 million shares of CDIV (float is 65 million)
Large Large LARGE money is coming in from overseas in the next week or so and I was told "If you, your friends, or any of your new investors want in...buy before next week"

tony
05-27-2010, 08:56 PM
The others are all Bio run ups with mainly October dates, I'm going to stop holding after FDA dates and just play the run ups. Added CT to the list too.

BanginJimmy
05-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Probably not a mainstream idea but I am take a very long approach on Citi. With the spikes in the prices I have been buying near the bottom and stashing as much as I can. I currently own 797 shares with an average price of 3.9874. I figure I can hold this for 5-7 years and make better than 10x my investment, not counting any dividends it may pay out by then.

drpepper14
05-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Not extremely mainstream, but many of the guys in my group have picked up large positions in C to hold through the year. It is definitely at bottom, and will rebound in a very nice way (one of our members recently spent a week w/ the ex-CEO in the Bahamas)

BanginJimmy
05-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Not extremely mainstream, but many of the guys in my group have picked up large positions in C to hold through the year. It is definitely at bottom, and will rebound in a very nice way (one of our members recently spent a week w/ the ex-CEO in the Bahamas)

I am waiting for Treasury to start selling off its shares to see how it reacts. I am expecting a dip with all of the shares hitting the market, then a large spike.

tony
05-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I am waiting for Treasury to start selling off its shares to see how it reacts. I am expecting a dip with all of the shares hitting the market, then a large spike.

Oh damn I didnt think about that, dilution courtesy of the United States Government. I think any long position in a battered down stock with good fundamentals is going to give a good amount of return. We talk about politics and what not but in a free market society nobody can stop the invisible hand and this economy will move regardless of who is in office. When times are tough like they have been I tend to believe this is when the new wealth is accumulated.

tony
05-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Add BIOD to the list as well, target is the $15-$16 range

BanginJimmy
05-28-2010, 01:10 PM
When times are tough like they have been I tend to believe this is when the new wealth is accumulated.

If I had 30 or 40K to drop into the market right now I could very close to millionaire in 5 years if I stay disciplined. It took them less than a year from needing a 45B bailout to pay Uncle Sam back 25B. A year from now they will be 100% away from the govt stranglehold, thats when I see the real gains start.

BTW, I expect Citi to be trading at about $7 a share by the end of the year. That may change depending on how suffocating the new financial reforms end up being.

drpepper14
06-16-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm done with pinks (outside of CDIV, GRNO, PNTV, and EIGH)

Have been trading FAS and FAZ exclusively for a while now, averaging about $10,000/week in profits on them....

tony
06-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah I've been moving away with pinks myself, unless theres a great opportunity I'm going with OTC and above. TTNP is my play on top of others I've posted up here.. I've had 2 really good plays (KATX, HESG) that paid really well, TTNP is in that realm with a good amount of patience.

drpepper14
06-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Only reason I even hang on to CDIV/EIGH/GRNO/PNTV is because I know they are backed by non-diluting CEO's and millions of dollars worth of support from the group invested in them. Otherwise, I see zero point in taking a risk on pinks or otc if you have the ability to daytrade. I worked for 2 hrs today and pulled in $3k just trading FAS/FAZ

ejohnson88
06-17-2010, 02:03 AM
where are you buying and selling at in FAS/FAZ to make up 3k in a day?

hydroshutter
06-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Protip: There's no skill involved in penny stocks, only luck.

drpepper14
06-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Everywhere. I switch back and forth all day long based on the technical indicators I use and the news. I rarely buy and hold either one, I will make anywhere from 15-50 flips on any given day.

ejohnson88
06-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Do you put away 33% of your earnings to make up for taxes later? How do you handle the taxes that you incur from all those transactions and profits?

drpepper14
06-19-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't put any money away for taxes up front as that would severely hamper my ability to compound my earnings. The way I trade, I will rarely see a red day, so I am not worried about losing the money. I will simply pay my taxes from my trading account when I find out how much they are. Until then I will use uncle sam's money to make more money.

drpepper14
06-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Ok, I'm buying another 50k shares of CDIV this week.

Mark this post

tony
07-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Reiterating ARNA as a definite buy, recommended it @ $2.82, now sitting at $3.56 with a big FDA date coming up. If you want more info I'll post it but people really aren't responding so I'm just throwing this out there.

drpepper14
07-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Throw the info out there Tony, wouldn't mind looking at an FDA play for some fun. Where are you getting your FDA info and what are your deciding factors?

tony
07-08-2010, 03:20 PM
I didn't even see the response. With ARNA there are actually three plays, VVUS, ARNA and OREX. They're all vying for the market that Phen fen once had, an estimated $10+ billion market. VVUS has the first FDA panel next week, I wish I had explained all this earlier because I marked it as a definite buy, but I'm not buying. I started seeing activity at the $9.6 range for VVUS and now its at $11 with another 7 days before decision. Play the run up, DO NOT hold on July 16th, its just too risky.

From what I'm seeing as goes VVUS, so goes ARNA and OREX. VVUS has the highest share price right now with the biggest run up, their weight loss product Qnexa had the most drastic weight loss but safety is a slight issue with them. ARNA has the lowest share price of them all, weight loss for their product was substancial but not stellar, but it was the safest drug of them all. OREX, safety issues and the results fell between ARNA and VVUS. If I was going to play run ups only, buy VVUS right now and sell on the 15th. Afer then buy ARNA, their panel is not until September with an FDA decision in October, hold till early October before the FDA date and sell. Buy OREX, they're not scheduled for review until December but their run up will be meager if both ARNA and VVUS are approved.

The way I'm playing it is strictly long on ARNA, and I am all in. ARNA will have a run up with the VVUS panel, the price may retreat after than and continue upward going into September and October. I am selling before the FDA date, ARNA will get approved but there will be a fall back, for the time being my funds will go into AVNR until late October, wait for ARNA to retrace and buy back in before ARNA's product hits the street. I expect the FDA run up to go around $8-$10. Retrace maybe to $5 or $6 after approval.. but long term ARNA is easily priced in the $20-$25 range.

Fundamentals. 100 million share float, just partnered a $1.3 Billion deal but it is loaded on the back end. Sales have to be reported before they see much of that money. Deals in Europe and Asia have yet to come. This is not a penny stock and this is not an overnight millionaire deal, what it is, is a play with sound fundamentals, risk is there but it is relatively minimal. I'd say medium risk, high reward with a good amount of patience.

tony
07-13-2010, 01:45 PM
VVUS received positive feedback, ARNA now @ 4.25.. was at $3.90 when I posted previously.

drpepper14
07-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Not bad!

GRNO (I posted it around .20-.25) closed at .56 today. Should test and surpass the 52-week high tomorrow ;-)

tony
07-14-2010, 06:46 AM
I thought you were done with pinkies!?

drpepper14
07-14-2010, 10:18 PM
not GRNO, CDIV, PNTV, or EIGH

They are all being run by same group. Head honcho bought $300k worth of GRNO today, and there are millions more coming. A short squeeze is right around the corner in GRNO. Closed at a new 52wk high today :-)

After GRNO squeezes, you better be in PNTV, CDIV, and EIGH, because all the GRNO profits are going there

drpepper14
07-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Lots of money coming into GRNO....don't miss it

drpepper14
07-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Nice pullback on GRNO on the day after the new 52-week high, and then rebounded today to close at .58

Looking for a nice run next week

tony
07-17-2010, 11:03 AM
I think mostly everything was down yesterday.. hard to escape from the losses of the market on a day like that.

drpepper14
07-17-2010, 02:55 PM
easy to escape the losses yesterday ;-)

All I held yesterday was GRNO (up 5%) and FAZ (up 12%), and on days like yesterday if you don't like trading the financial 3x leveraged ETF's, just go short something lol

GRNO is back within the bollinger bands on the chart, and the RSI cooled off perfectly on it....it will start riding up the top bollinger band again next week

tony
07-18-2010, 09:05 AM
For now I'm just staying the course with Arena, Vivus did not get positive feedback from the FDA panel so that leaves two companies vying for a $10 Billion market right now, the other looks to have the same issues Vivus has. 20% of the market easily valuates ARNA @ $20 per share, that is a lowball price.

drpepper14
07-19-2010, 05:17 PM
GRNO close at .647

up again :yes:

drpepper14
07-20-2010, 05:47 PM
GRNO close at .72

A new 52-week high :-)

tony
07-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Momentum continues with ARNA, $7.95 and I first posted this @ $2.82. God it sounds like I'm pumping here, but there is still plenty of room for the FDA run up. Loving the profits..

tony
07-30-2010, 05:12 PM
BTW who has twitter here? post it up

drpepper14
08-06-2010, 12:01 AM
lol I think I have a twitter account, but don't remember....

I know i've said this a few times already, but tomorrow (well today actually) GRNO should be huge :-)

Please mark this post and date.

drpepper14
08-14-2010, 10:35 AM
I just took a job with a prop trading firm :-)