PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Wheel Studs on my 95' eg8....?

a94civicex
05-26-2010, 07:45 AM
My question is how do I go about replacing 2 wheel studs on my passenger side (front & rear has 1 broke & cross threaded stud)....? What all will I need to remove them & how do I re tap them....?

May seem like a really dumb*** question but I've never had to replace the wheel studs on any of the 27 cars that I've owned....!

Please help me out here....

KevinT707
05-26-2010, 08:35 AM
There's a thread around the General Tech area about this; I came by it a couple weeks ago. I'll explain it real quick though: hit them from the front, they come out the back, grind base of wheel stud so it's flat (will look sort of like a half-moon now) which will allow you to put in through the back because it needs that angle cut off to go in, use a lug nut and as long as you have some threads coming through then start tightening, it will pull it through.

a94civicex
05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
There's a thread around the General Tech area about this; I came by it a couple weeks ago. I'll explain it real quick though: hit them from the front, they come out the back, grind base of wheel stud so it's flat (will look sort of like a half-moon now) which will allow you to put in through the back because it needs that angle cut off to go in, use a lug nut and as long as you have some threads coming through then start tightening, it will pull it through.

Thanks man

punkr6
05-26-2010, 03:58 PM
there is quite a few good write ups on Google also...

a94civicex
05-26-2010, 04:21 PM
there is quite a few good write ups on Google also...

i will check them out.... thanks bro