PDA

View Full Version : 23 YR OLD IA MEMBER HAS STROKE WHICH RESULTS IN PARALYZATION AND BRAIN SURGERY

CHADbee
05-24-2010, 03:27 PM
some people might remember my good friend EricP from the project motorsports car club days and the car scene a few years ago. he used to drive this car....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/EricPartin/EricPartin2/IMG_0262.jpg

he isnt as active on IA anymore since he no longer has that car but has been out to many trackdays and events with me in the past few years and still remains a very close friend to me.

this past friday night eric came back home from the gym to tell him brother he had a headache and go into his room. a few minutes later his brother went in to check on him to find erics computer chair knocked over and him unconscious on the floor.

what the doctors are saying is he strained himself at the gym that night which caused a block in the artery in his neck, because of that block his brain started to swell and cause him to have a major stroke.

the left side of his body is paralyzed and he has major brain swelling. they had to shave his head, cut his scalp back and remove 50% of his skull to allow room for his brain untill it goes back down. they have put his scalp back over his brain and he has 60 staples in his head. they are saying he will be like this for 3-6 months untill they can put his skull back together. he is also on a ventilator to help him breath an they have said if he isnt going to be able to do it own his own by thursday they are going to do a tracheotomy (a hole in his throat for a breathing tube). they have also given him a 50/50 chance of getting feeling and movement back in the left side of his body and ever walking again.

this is going to be a very long and very hard time for eric and his family. they said he will be sent home from the hospital in 2-3 weeks and will have to wear and helmet to protect his head for the next 3-6 months along with many months if not years of physical therapy.....and like i said its still a 50/50 chance if he will be able to walk again.

financially they are going to also have a very hard time. eric will not be able to be left home so his mom(the only parent) will not be able to work so bills are going to stack up fast with no money coming in. if anyone would like to make a donation to help eric and his family through this very difficult time im sure they would more more than thankful for any help they can get....they are really going to need it. if you decide you would like to make a donation please paypal me and i will give erics mom the money. my paypal is [email protected]. please mark it as a gift and put in the notes that it a donation to help EricP and his family.

PLEASE keep eric and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

DeeAOne
05-24-2010, 03:30 PM
ahh this sucks. hope he makes a full recovery.

Boosted FC
05-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that Chad. Hope he makes a full recovery.

bdydrpdmazda
05-24-2010, 03:34 PM
crazy stuff...

CHADbee
05-24-2010, 03:41 PM
crazy stuff...

it is crazy. eric ate RIGHT and went to the gym often. he is a VERY healthy person. this was not suppossed to happen to him.

Echonova
05-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Holy Shit!!!! This has been a bad couple years for IA folks. Seems like one tragedy after another. I can't donate right now due to some other things I have going on, but I will definitely say a prayer.

CHADbee
05-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Holy Shit!!!! This has been a bad couple years for IA folks. Seems like one tragedy after another. I can't donate right now due to some other things I have going on, but I will definitely say a prayer.

and we really do appreciate that. he needs all of them he can get, he is in really bad shape.

spinks
05-24-2010, 04:00 PM
My dad had a major stroke in 1985, he had a terrible artery blockage that began to bleed out and they cut a hole in his head to let the blood out. He was in a coma for 2 weeks and they said he would either die or if by some miracle he woke up he would be a vegetable and never walk again. He became paralyzed on his right side from the stroke. He finally came out of his coma and couldn't hardly move. The first week they sent him home he put a shot gun in his mouth and tried to kill himself by putting his foot on the trigger, but couldn't get his foot high enough lol. He went through a lot of physical theropy and he believes god healed him. He is still "paralyzed" on his right side but he can walk, run, drive, talk perfectly you would never know. He can use his right side 100% and he never limps but sometimes his right hand will swell. The only affect he has had from his stroke is short term memory loss. He's like dory from finding nemo just not so severe. I'll say a prayer for your friend and I hope he makes a full recovery! I think he will be ok =)

CHADbee
05-24-2010, 04:02 PM
My dad had a major stroke in 1985, he had a terrible artery blockage that began to bleed out and they cut a hole in his head to let the blood out. He was in a coma for 2 weeks and they said he would either die or if by some miracle he woke up he would be a vegetable and never walk again. He became paralyzed on his right side from the stroke. He finally came out of his coma and couldn't hardly move. The first week they sent him home he put a shot gun in his mouth and tried to kill himself by putting his foot on the trigger, but couldn't get his foot high enough lol. He went through a lot of physical theropy and he believes god healed him. He is still "paralyzed" on his right side but he can walk, run, drive, talk perfectly you would never know. He can use his right side 100% and he never limps but sometimes his right hand will swell. The only affect he has had from his stroke is short term memory loss. He's like dory from finding nemo just not so severe. I'll say a prayer for your friend and I hope he makes a full recovery! I think he will be ok =)

daaaamn. well i hope things work out and he is really able to live a normal life like your dad has.

im glad to hear he made it through!

bodhi
05-24-2010, 05:09 PM
fuck chad that really sucks man

it doesnt seem that long ago that kaleb passed, and now eric is in serious condition...goddamn dude. if you guys have something that could keep us (ppl who know him) updated on his status please pm it to me or just post it up here....

- Maniac

00Civic
05-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about this....

he has my best wishes and prayer.

Da_unknown
05-24-2010, 07:18 PM
dammm chad...that is crazy...

CHADbee
05-24-2010, 07:41 PM
fuck chad that really sucks man

it doesnt seem that long ago that kaleb passed, and now eric is in serious condition...goddamn dude. if you guys have something that could keep us (ppl who know him) updated on his status please pm it to me or just post it up here....

- Maniac
ill make sure to update this thread as i get news from his family. i tried to go see him saturday but they wouldnt allow any visitation. a couple friends saw him sunday but he was sleeping....they said he looked REALLY bad. im trying to give him some time for the swelling on his face to go down before i go back out the emory and see him.

CHADbee
05-24-2010, 08:04 PM
just got word that his brain has not stopped swelling and has built up massive amount of fluid and he is going in for an emergency surgery.

it just seams like it just keeps getting worse.

CHADbee
05-24-2010, 08:09 PM
and he fuckin has phenimonia with fluid in his lungs.

Paul
05-24-2010, 08:19 PM
wow man that really sucks and i'm very sorry for your friend - i remember that ride. I wish him a speedy recovery.

CHADbee
05-24-2010, 08:20 PM
thanks paul

HypnoToad
05-24-2010, 08:25 PM
oh damn i saw ur post on facebook but didnt notice it was eric,I can't remember if I ever met him in person but I remember talking back in forth with him on here...He seems to be a good guy.

I hope nothing but the best for him and his family.

CHADbee
05-24-2010, 08:31 PM
oh damn i saw ur post on facebook but didnt notice it was eric,I can't remember if I ever met him in person but I remember talking back in forth with him on here...He seems to be a good guy.

I hope nothing but the best for him and his family.

im not saying this cause he is ICU......he really is a good guy, ive known him for 5 years and he has never been anything but respectful to everyone. its really hard to see such a good person in such a bad situation.

Capt._Ron
05-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Man...met this guy in 2007 at one of the old southside meets. Remember taking him for a ride in the 240 and he took me out in the SRT4. I'll be praying for him.

tdurr
05-24-2010, 09:07 PM
wow crazy stuff man.. ill deff keep him in my prayers

Black4DrEK
05-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Sorry to hear about this...

I Hope he will recover 100%....

The Ren
05-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Holy shit.. Eric is an awesome awesome dude. I am in shock right now....

KevinT707
05-24-2010, 09:36 PM
I hope the best for Eric.

CHADbee
05-25-2010, 09:35 AM
UPDATE: this morning they noticed his brain was STILL swelling, they have had to put him in a hypothermia induced coma for a week.

NEMO
05-25-2010, 09:36 AM
my prayers go out to him and his family.

AnthonyF
05-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Jesus...

Good luck to you Eric and family!

-Ant.

CHADbee
05-25-2010, 10:15 AM
thank you nemo and ant. please keep him in your thoughts.

5spdfrk
05-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Dude this is crazy! I, like Capt Ron, met EricP back when we first started the meets at Dicks back a few years ago. He had a blue srt, I had my blue subie, and another friend of his had a black srt...can't remember his name at the moment. We all grabbed a bite to eat at the Waffle House off 20/81 one night around NOPI. Shot the bull and had a good time. Super nice guy and really cool to chill with.

I'll def keep him in my prayers.

CHADbee
05-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Dude this is crazy! I, like Capt Ron, met EricP back when we first started the meets at Dicks back a few years ago. He had a blue srt, I had my blue subie, and another friend of his had a black srt...can't remember his name at the moment. We all grabbed a bite to eat at the Waffle House off 20/81 one night around NOPI. Shot the bull and had a good time. Super nice guy and really cool to chill with.

I'll def keep him in my prayers.

the guy with the black SRT was most likely R.Kelly

5spdfrk
05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Yep that's who it was. Both guys were super cool, definitely enjoyed that gathering. Wish it would've lasted.

metrolsi
05-25-2010, 02:24 PM
MY PRAYERS TO HIM AND HIS FAMILY....

Elbow
05-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Damn, too young for this with so much more time. He as well as his friends/family will defiantly be in my prayers.

EM1toEVO
05-25-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm praying for him and his family. I can't imagine what they are going through.

81911SC
05-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Hope he recovers. Prayers for him and his family.

CHADbee
05-25-2010, 06:25 PM
thanks guys, ill keep everyone updated as i hear whats going on.

bodhi
05-25-2010, 09:16 PM
thanks for the updates chad

hopefully he recovers soon, man...it would suck to see such a cool dude go

CHADbee
05-25-2010, 09:22 PM
thanks for the updates chad

hopefully he recovers soon, man...it would suck to see such a cool dude go

he is having a hard time...it seams like daily things just get worse but they said thats to be expected. hopefully things start getting better soon and he can start the long and hard recovery process.

CHADbee
05-26-2010, 09:37 AM
UPDATE: THE COMA HAS HELPED A LOT....HIS BRAIN SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN TO ALMOST NORMAL. FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD "15" WAS NORMAL AND "30" WAS REALLY REALLY BAD. HE WAS AT 29 BUT HE NOW DOWN TO 18. ITS NICE TO GET SOME GOOD NEWS!

NEMO
05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
UPDATE: THE COMA HAS HELPED A LOT....HIS BRAIN SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN TO ALMOST NORMAL. FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD "15" WAS NORMAL AND "30" WAS REALLY REALLY BAD. HE WAS AT 29 BUT HE NOW DOWN TO 18. ITS NICE TO GET SOME GOOD NEWS!

thats really good news

HeLLo iM iZzY
05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
We here for you homie
We can't lose anymore members

JDMbabe
05-26-2010, 01:19 PM
he will def be in my prayers!

5spdfrk
05-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Man, that's great news! Hope he keeps it up!

NEMO
05-28-2010, 08:02 AM
I just heard the bad news. My prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP Eric

MeFryRice
05-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Oh no! I will keep Eric and his family in my prayers.

CHADbee
05-28-2010, 08:50 AM
RIP EricPezzy

you will always be remembered and never forgotten. i love you buddy.

stillaneon
05-28-2010, 09:25 AM
R.I.P.

MachNU
05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
holy shit and I thought he was getting better. Sorry for your loss chad. :(

Oz10
05-28-2010, 10:55 AM
So Sorry to hear this.... RIP

I'm pretty sure I shot a few pictures of his car at the V one time

TIGERJC
05-28-2010, 11:43 AM
RIP my friend

Glad I had the opportunity to know someone like Eric, just wish he was still here

5spdfrk
05-28-2010, 11:55 AM
holy shit and I thought he was getting better. Sorry for your loss chad. :(

Yeh that's what I thought too. Man, so sorry to hear this. RIP Eric, glad we were able to chill.

Capt._Ron
05-28-2010, 12:09 PM
This is one of those things that makes you re-evaluate. God bless Eric and his family. RIP

CHADbee
05-28-2010, 12:18 PM
thank you everyone, please keep his family in your prayers and thoughts.

LvnBoOst
05-28-2010, 01:18 PM
RIP Eric P. You will be missed.

WickedIXMR
05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Damn that really sucks. Please send my condolences to his friends and family, RIP Eric.

bodhi
05-28-2010, 03:15 PM
thats fuckin insane man

i cant believe he died....over a fuckin workout. im a smoker, in worse shape than eric, but he beat me to the finish line that we call death... just comes to shows that death has no limits.
it can come tomorrow, in a couple hours, 1 year

its crazy

he still had many years ahead of him

rip man

CHADbee
05-28-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah it just aint right. he died because he was doing something to make him healthy and live longer yet people like me who have a green monster, quick trip taquito and 2 camel lights for breakfast are still here. it just doesnt make sense.

ive had a rough day, its been a rollercoaster emotionally between denial/shock and just being real fucked up about the whole situation.

as soon as i find out about service information i will let everyone know.

WickedIXMR
05-28-2010, 03:41 PM
yeah it just aint right. he died because he was doing something to make him healthy and live longer yet people like me who have a green monster, quick trip taquito and 2 camel lights for breakfast are still here. it just doesnt make sense.

ive had a rough day, its been a rollercoaster emotionally between denial/shock and just being real fucked up about the whole situation.

as soon as i find out about service information i will let everyone know.
Lol that sounds like the worst breakfast in the world. If you want some redneck chinkness in your life, I'm down to bring the truck where it'll fit in.

HeLLo iM iZzY
05-28-2010, 03:51 PM
RIP homie :(

Boosted FC
05-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Damn Chad, sorry about the loss bro. Def let us know about funeral arrangements.

-EnVus-
05-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Damn man i was hoping he would get better and now i read he died :(
My prayers will be for him and the family....

Member31410
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
R.I.P., my fellow Neon brother.

5spdfrk
05-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I knew I had some pics from the old meet, so I figured I'd toss these up here. (Eric is in the Georgia hoodie)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/5spdfrk/g2g/Dicks%20Meet/IMG_2811.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/5spdfrk/g2g/Dicks%20Meet/IMG_2816.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/5spdfrk/g2g/Dicks%20Meet/IMG_2839.jpg

CHADbee
05-28-2010, 07:05 PM
hell yeah...thank you for the pics!

TIGERJC
05-28-2010, 07:07 PM
are you the guy in the black w/ the hat, if so I remember that suby always showing up with rkelly at the northern tool meet back in the day

5spdfrk
05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
hell yeah...thank you for the pics!
My pleasure man! He was a cool guy, I always enjoyed chilling with him.

are you the guy in the black w/ the hat, if so I remember that suby always showing up with rkelly at the northern tool meet back in the day
Nope, that's Todd, he had the silver wrx. Last I talked with him he had a yellow 350z. I'm the guy behind the camera...I also drove the blue wrx w/ gold wheels.

CHADbee
05-28-2010, 07:18 PM

that was todd...dude in the khaki shorts/black shirt. like 5spdfrk said his was silver though.

CHADbee
05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
viewing for Eric Partin is Tuesday from 6pm-8pm. the service is Wednesday at 11am. Wheeler Funeral Home & Crematory. 11405 Brown Bridge Rd Covington, GA 30016.

Elbow
05-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Damn just heard the news.

R.I.P His friends and family are in my prayers. :(

garagdoorman
05-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Wow, just coming across this thread. Terrible news. My heart goes out to his family and to you. As tragic as this IS, I believe he is in a happier and better place. Livin without the ability to do what you want is a terribble way to be, had he not recovered. May he be your guiding angel from here on Chad. I'm sorry for your lose!!!!!

The Ren
05-31-2010, 12:49 PM
This just hurts my heart.. such a great guy. My condolences to him and his family. R.I.P. Eric.. you will be missed.

Halfwit
06-01-2010, 12:41 AM
i miss ericp. he was a good guy. we all had alot of good times together.