PDA

View Full Version : THE IGNITION IS FKD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

geezy
05-23-2010, 06:42 PM
SO WHEN I BOUGHT MY CAR EVERYTHING SEEM NORMAL ABOUT 2WKS BACK I WENT TO THE STORE.CAME BACK AND THE IGNITION TWISTED ALL THE WAY WITHOUT NOTHING HAPPENING.. I WIGGLED THE KEY AROUND A FEW TIMES AND IT STARTED..
TODAY I WAS INSTALLING SOME STUFF IN MY CAR.. AND I TURNED THE KEY TO LEAVE..
AND NOTHING!! MY FRIEND HAD TO DO SOME SWITCH FROM THE STARTER TO START IT AND GET IT HOME.. JUSS NOW I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK AGAIN LIKE NORMAL. I HAD TO WIGGLE THE KEY LIKE HELL! SO THIS MEANS I NEED A NEW IGNITION.. IS IT A BIG DEAL TO CHANGE IT?? N HOW MUCH THEY GO FOR???:thinking:

HELP =REPS!

JDMJAYDC2
05-23-2010, 07:11 PM
they arent much and pretty simple to change looks like you have a common sedan if thats a pixel replica of your car so finding a replacement should be simple. id check your fuses first if you had the key in then that means you had power running to it. im guessing you were putting in a new radio check your fuses for a blown one then if that checks out look for somebody parting out a car like yours

geezy
05-23-2010, 07:25 PM
they arent much and pretty simple to change looks like you have a common sedan if thats a pixel replica of your car so finding a replacement should be simple. id check your fuses first if you had the key in then that means you had power running to it. im guessing you were putting in a new radio check your fuses for a blown one then if that checks out look for somebody parting out a car like yours

yeah man i checked every fuse.. there all finee! yeah its a 94 civic sedan!
yeah man i know for a fact is the ignition.because it twist's all the way with out nothing happening.. once i wiggle the key around alot.. then is starts...
but thanks for the info bro. reps

geezy
05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
okay so i check it out on autozonee.. do i need to change the wholee ignition peice or just the key area? cuz they sell them seperately?

Barefoot
05-25-2010, 07:28 AM
smalls just get u a replace switch the lil plastic part behind the key cylinder should be 50-80 new. 20-30 to install prbolem solved. if u cant do it hit me up.

geezy
05-26-2010, 05:06 PM
FIXED THANKS