PDA

View Full Version : Smoke from B16a

Lightsped
05-20-2010, 04:26 PM
I have a 00 Si with 134k miles. Motor is all stock except for AEM CAI. Motor has new plugs and oil is always changed at correct intervals. Motor does not smoke under normal driving. It does smoke in VTEC. Brownish smoke.

Any ideas??

civicturbo10
05-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Motors wear out over time. If your like me you rev like crazy often just b/c. On my high mileage swapped hatch i need everything from the ground up - rings, valve seals, valve guides. ON top of that my OE seals i changed a while back are starting to leak again. Got years of service from this motor, can't complain. Original rings, valve seals etc. when i break it down i'll see how it held up. Mine burns oil around 4k and up / road racing (80+ MPH) . Normal driving it consumes very little if any. GL

Red_EJ1
05-24-2010, 11:13 PM
ok well this^ is not the same thing your seein, your car is smokin brownish black witch is v-tec, and ^yours^ is oil, the smoke from v-tec is prety normal, most hondas do it and if it is black its fuel not oil, when your in v-tec its just running a lil rich, just look at the bumper of other hondas the lil bit of black you see is from the same thing

H1Cblacknight
05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
^ very typically! what b16 doesnt smoke!

sang
05-25-2010, 12:22 AM
ok well this^ is not the same thing your seein, your car is smokin brownish black witch is v-tec, and ^yours^ is oil, the smoke from v-tec is prety normal, most hondas do it and if it is black its fuel not oil, when your in v-tec its just running a lil rich, just look at the bumper of other hondas the lil bit of black you see is from the same thing

reps for knowing what you are saying
and lightsped, its common, just keep checking oil cause vtec burns it like crazy , but other then that you should be ok

Red_EJ1
05-25-2010, 12:25 AM
^ very typically! what b16 doesnt smoke!

truth lol

Barefoot
05-25-2010, 07:10 AM
the smoke from v-tec is prety normal, most hondas do it and if it is black its fuel not oil, when your in v-tec its just running a lil rich, just look at the bumper of other hondas the lil bit of black you see is from the same thingqft

preferredduck
05-26-2010, 02:08 AM
mine blows black b/c it's fuel burn and rich, also i have no cat. if you notice oil getting low with no leaks maybe a little heavier weight may help a little. if you do that make sure the oil goes through for a minute before giving any gas at all. blue colored smoke is oil burn and vtec runs off oil pressure and it revs high as hell.

jdm-civic
05-26-2010, 04:59 AM
mines blows a lil smoke but only when in vtec