PDA

View Full Version : Misc network printer

john_stamos
11-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Hey what do i have to do?? I have 2 pcs sitting side by side in my house and I have a nice lazer jet printer i want to be able to use on both PCS.. someone help...thanks

silver
11-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Actually... First are your computers on a shared network and then if so, what version of windows are you running?

john_stamos
11-07-2005, 03:25 PM
both pc's are on XP...both of the computers use the same connection, but are only linked with a D-Link router.

Vuongy_Dong
11-12-2005, 08:56 AM
both pc's are on XP...both of the computers use the same connection, but are only linked with a D-Link router.
ok. does your laser printer have an ethernet connection on it? if so, plug it up and set it. if you dont, get a print server. thats what i am using now. 4 computers to print to one printer.

Jgsr311
11-13-2005, 12:28 AM
of if you want to be cheap, go through the 'home network' wizard in windows, plug the printer into one pc...and as long as that comp is on, both pc's can use the printer

Vuongy_Dong
11-13-2005, 01:43 AM
of if you want to be cheap, go through the 'home network' wizard in windows, plug the printer into one pc...and as long as that comp is on, both pc's can use the printer
yup. Cheap method.