PDA

View Full Version : Word of advice DO NOT PM board advertisements on IA

Paul
05-19-2010, 04:02 PM
You will get banned. Sorry server has been acting up we are aware and working on it. This isn't a small site anymore and these things take time/money - I don't have the luxury of doing IA fulltime so I try to work everything out in a timely manor.

Thanks for the support and understanding. :cheers:

slostang
05-19-2010, 04:17 PM
ive been meaning to ask about this

The Ninja
05-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Did you mean advice**??

/grammar Nazi

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah i PM'd Paul a few days ago just to get his views on the Advertising shit and i fully agree with him on his Response.
I mean i hate the server as much as anyone but im not gonna run a join another forum. Then try to Advertise it on a Competing forum.
Some people are just clueless if they didn't think the Ban hammer wouldn't drop....

Elbow
05-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah i PM'd Paul a few days ago just to get his views on the Advertising shit and i fully agree with him on his Response.
I mean i hate the server as much as anyone but im not gonna run a join another forum. Then try to Advertise it on a Competing forum.
Some people are just clueless if they didn't think the Ban hammer wouldn't drop....

Lets all say it together.

Ready??

K-I-S-S-A-S-S

Echonova
05-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Lets all say it together.

Ready??

K-I-S-S-A-S-SI'm gonna totally kick your ass the next time I see you.

JITB
05-19-2010, 05:52 PM

lol since when has this been a competition

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 05:58 PM
lol since when has this been a competition
Forums always compete even when they don't know it. I mean if a forum looses its registered users then it goes under.
Also when you have ppl paying to post threads or keep threads at the top and advertising from businesses.
That involves $$$ and you try taking that away and its WAR lol

Paul
05-19-2010, 07:47 PM
I fucking can't stand forum leeches trying to steal traffic to bump their site and grammar nazis :2up:

CHADbee
05-19-2010, 08:16 PM
real talk, i post on 20+ forums, you should see my bookmarks, is retarded. IA isnt my wife, its not a monogamous relationship LOL then again if you run around trying to get members for another forum then thats just a chance you are taking and if its worth it to you then do what you do :dunno:

Elbow
05-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Yeah I don't call a site home, I admit I've spent more time here than others but I'm on a good 50+ forums, when my birthday or Christmas comes around I get so many of those auto sent emails and I am reminded. I will say I have NO clue why I'm a member on some...like Ferrari forums, Noble forums, you name it.

BKgen®
05-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I will say I have NO clue why I'm a member on some...like Ferrari forums

:cry:

tstaubly
05-19-2010, 08:34 PM
PM = Private Message. why do you care what ppl say in PRIVATE messages?

Paul
05-19-2010, 08:35 PM
real talk, i post on 20+ forums, you should see my bookmarks, is retarded. IA isnt my wife, its not a monogamous relationship LOL then again if you run around trying to get members for another forum then thats just a chance you are taking and if its worth it to you then do what you do :dunno:

i'm pretty laid back guy but i have never once gone to other forums i post on and PM people to come to my site. that shit is fucking gay and a noob move.

Paul
05-19-2010, 08:37 PM
PM = Private Message. why do you care what ppl say in PRIVATE messages?

this isn't a fucking democracy - ia sells ads to keep the site going for the millions of people who hit it on a yearly basis if it was opened up for anyone to leech off of what is the value for sponsors? and people send me what they are pm'd so this wasn't me looking for it.

Elbow
05-19-2010, 08:38 PM
:cry:

What's wrong, babe?

allout13
05-19-2010, 08:41 PM
so private messages are no longer private? ftl :(

AdriSciontC
05-19-2010, 08:43 PM

When someone tattle tales, no...

Paul
05-19-2010, 08:46 PM

thank you for clarifying for them :goodjob:

tstaubly
05-19-2010, 08:47 PM
guess what dude. most of these forums got started and are maintained by one or two guys forking up the money out of their own pockets because they genuinely care about the users and not dealing with people who will ban users for talking about another forum. imo thats just stupid. i understand the issue of selling ads, but dude come on. do you really think by inviting them over to another forum they arent going to log into here anymore, they arent stealing users. most of the people who joind DOA are still more active on here, well until ppl like you banned them. i guess your the one messing up you advertising

Arm&hammer
05-19-2010, 08:47 PM

Since when were they private?
Paul has always been able to see them.

loverboy_gnd
05-19-2010, 08:54 PM
i mean.... i dunno where i stand on this one, i understand that advertising a similar site on this one is bad for business, and is ethically wrong, and doing so should result in a warning or minor ban, however i do believe private messages should be kept private and regardless people "snitch" on it, it shouldnt not be looked upon. But at the end of the day the decision on how to run/manage this site lies with Paul, he is the one who has put alot into it, and he's the one who will suffer the losses caused by doing this so as he said its not a democracy and whether or not we like how he runs it we should respect his wishes.
just my :2cents:

e30pwr
05-19-2010, 08:56 PM

snitches, gotta love em

Paul
05-19-2010, 08:57 PM
guess what dude. most of these forums got started and are maintained by one or two guys forking up the money out of their own pockets because they genuinely care about the users and not dealing with people who will ban users for talking about another forum. imo thats just stupid. i understand the issue of selling ads, but dude come on. do you really think by inviting them over to another forum they arent going to log into here anymore, they arent stealing users. most of the people who joind DOA are still more active on here, well until ppl like you banned them. i guess your the one messing up you advertising

How do you think this forum was built? I've spent the last 8+ years turning a small forum in to a large site that can stand on its own. I've spent thousands of dollars of my own money promoting the scene here in atlanta. I did it the hardway and no one handed us anything, so ya i'm not cool w/ people trying to promote their shit taking anything away from what i've spent years building and what my current sponsors support. DIY or GTFO is how i look at it.

tstaubly
05-19-2010, 08:58 PM
and i absolutely respect you for what you built, but give em a warning man, dont you think an immediate ban is wrong?

slostang
05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
and i absolutely respect you for what you built, but give em a warning man, dont you think an immediate ban is wrong?

its in the rules, read the rules and you have your warning.

also this thread is a warning.

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 09:06 PM

Who in their right mind would think its ok to advertise another forum specially an Atlanta forum on another forum c'mon.:doh::doh::doh:

tstaubly
05-19-2010, 09:06 PM
its in the rules, read the rules and you have your warning.

also this thread is a warning.

theres a rule section for pm's? can you direct me to this?

Paul
05-19-2010, 09:07 PM

no offense dude but i'm not here to babysit... anyone sending out PMs is trying to bypass mods b/c they know they shouldn't be spamming the boards about another local boards - it's business dude we currently pay thousands of dollars each year in bandwidth/servers.

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 09:08 PM
no offense dude but i'm not here to babysit... anyone sending out PMs is trying to bypass mods b/c they know they shouldn't be spamming the boards about another local boards - it's business dude we currently pay thousands of dollars each year in bandwidth/servers.
He must be one of THOSE people :ninja:

BKgen®
05-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Jesus Christ, you morons are missing the point. I'm half-tempted to ban some of you based on the premise that you're arguing the matter. This has nothing to do with "PRIVATE" messages... As it's already been mentioned, people pay good money to maintain this site, keep the traffic flowing, keep the scene alive, etc etc, all that good stuff. ImportAtlanta, whether you like it or not, pretty much IS the import scene here in Atlanta. I'm surprised (well, actually I'm not surprised at all) to see regular, long-time members jumping ship because of a little server issue. Cool loyalty bro. What's wrong? In a panic because IA's server won't let you meet your daily quota of postwhoring? Afraid that if you don't find another site, you won't have a place to sell those Rotas?

The fact of the matter is that IA's server has had trouble before, and it was resolved. Now anyone who frequents other forums knows damn well that ALL forums have hiccups/glitches every once in a while. I'm sure Paul isn't just blowing smoke out of his ass when he says they're fixing the problem.

slostang
05-19-2010, 09:10 PM
theres a rule section for pm's? can you direct me to this?

anyone sending out PMs is trying to bypass mods b/c they know they shouldn't be spamming the boards about another local boards

this

tstaubly
05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
He must be one of THOSE people :ninja:

and proud of it

JITB
05-19-2010, 09:13 PM
I fucking can't stand forum leeches trying to steal traffic to bump their site and grammar nazis :2up:

i guess i should delete my sig? It was fine until a few months ago!

Arm&hammer
05-19-2010, 09:14 PM
The funny thing is that it's not even the owner of the site sending out links. It's the owners nutswingers that are trying to become mods and they act like ia is going to lose all of their members because of temp server issues.

-EnVus-
and proud of it
Well when you get Banned don't cry about it

Paul
and proud of it

dude why are we even having this conversation i can ban anyone for anything - they knew what they were doing and they got banned; pretty simple. don't like click the X at the top of the screen and go to the other boards.

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 09:16 PM
dude why are we even having this conversation i can ban anyone for anything - they knew what they were doing and they got banned; pretty simple. don't like click the X at the top of the screen and go to the other boards.

He's defending a Forum that will be dead in a Month or less :lmfao::lmfao:

Then they will turn back to their IA.....

tstaubly
05-19-2010, 09:17 PM
The funny thing is that it's not even the owner of the site sending out links. It's the owners nutswingers that are trying to become mods and they act like ia is going to lose all of their members because of temp server issues.

mmmm he was already a mod, he has been

Paul
05-19-2010, 09:24 PM
i guess i should delete my sig? It was fine until a few months ago!

hey man look at your post count guys like you have helped IA what it is; i haven't said anything about your sig shit is just posted up DO's post about your guys meet on the homepage. but i have a problem w/ noobs fucking w/ my business.

Arm&hammer
05-19-2010, 09:26 PM
mmmm he was already a mod, he has been

But i'm just saying why does he have to do that? Does he really have to get up in logans nuts and advertise for him? It's not like he owns the site and I'm pretty sure the admin of that site can advertise for himself. Btw i was talking about the other people posting up the site. Why can't you guys just post up on both forums and not make such a big deal? I'm on both forums and i'm not trying leach off of a site just so i can look cool for the admin.

uproot
05-19-2010, 09:29 PM
JITB, southrnfresh isn't a forum, so it's not a conflict of interests I don't think...

DOA looks like a carbon copy of IA, not as robust, and not as established, but all in all there's not much originality going on over there.

AdriSciontC
But i'm just saying why does he have to do that? Does he really have to get up in logans nuts and advertise for him? It's not like he owns the site and I'm pretty sure the admin of that site can advertise for himself. Btw i was talking about the other people posting up the site. Why can't you guys just post up on both forums and not make such a big deal? I'm on both forums and i'm not trying leach off of a site just so i can look cool for the admin.

I know, why can't we all just heed the warning, and get a long...

Echonova
I'm on every forum.

uproot
05-19-2010, 09:30 PM
He's defending a Forum that will be dead in a Month or less :lmfao::lmfao:

Then they will turn back to their IA.....

Seriously, if someone turns their back on IA because they couldn't successfully and honestly build a community like IA has, who cares?

uproot
05-19-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm on every forum.

no you're not, i just made one like 5 minutes ago and i dont see you registered.

Paul
05-19-2010, 09:38 PM
no you're not, i just made one like 5 minutes ago and i dont see you registered.

you are a power tool and your site sucks a bunch of forum nazi's

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 09:39 PM
What fuckin Genius made Chrisnuthoe a Mod :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Smart people over there i tell you lol

uproot
05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
you are a power tool and your site sucks a bunch of forum nazi's

http://warkitty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/imagesscissors-20beats-20paper-400x320.jpg

BKgen®
05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Seriously, if someone turns their back on IA because they couldn't successfully and honestly build a community like IA has, who cares?

Exactly. From what I've seen, this other forum is mainly comprised of rejects and noobtards from IA who couldn't hang. They've either been banned from IA, or they couldn't take it when people like QD put them in their place one too many times. Boo-fucking-hoo. Go ahead and go circle-jerk with the rest of those weak ass tools you call friends... just don't steal our members in the process.

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Exactly. From what I've seen, this other forum is mainly comprised of rejects and noobtards from IA who couldn't hang. They've either been banned from IA, or they couldn't take it when people like QD put them in their place one too many times. Boo-fucking-hoo. Go ahead and go circle-jerk with the rest of those weak ass tools you call friends... just don't steal our members in the process.

Looking at the threads some have made over there they are pretty but hurt on IA Ban's:cry::cry::cry:

uproot
05-19-2010, 09:43 PM
That site is waaaaaaaaaay more hellaflush tho.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3242/2941699270_92fb28cf5a_o.jpg

AdriSciontC
05-19-2010, 09:48 PM

Really Brandon? A lot of people from here are on both places and have no problem with any of the members here... or QD... you're even a member there (even with only 3 posts)...

StreetHazard

I see it no different than someone linking messages from facebook to myspace and vice versa. "turning your back on IA"? This is only an internet forum we are talking about here. Now I can certainly respect what Paul as built, with the work and his own money he put into it. But he wouldn't have any of it if it wasn't for the members putting loads of their own hard earned money and putting in many hours of their own time into the vehicles that are posted on MANY different websites including this one. And by banning members over web links it almost seems like he is trying to secure the advertising money that rolls into this site, instead of actually attempting to accommodate the members which has helped make this site what it is.

I would rather believe that people are smart enough to make their own choices of what local forum they would rather post on. And not have to fear a moderator banning them over some pretext of lost revenue.

Bacon
Stealing our members? Does it matter if half of the noobs from here leave and go over there? A bunch of people that create logins on here knowing that they are underage and then get banned; let them go. There are plenty of us that are gonna stay and promote the original import site for Atlanta. If they leave, they didn't have a leg to stand on here anyways. BTW, what the hell is this DOA shit? Not gonna go check it out or anything, but I have read that a few times here and couldn't grasp it on what it was. :dunno:

loverboy_gnd
05-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Please dont let this turn into a site war, cant the 2 sites jus "be" without all the hate against each other,

e30pwr
05-19-2010, 09:50 PM
IA won't die by the creation of another forum, its too big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZNxbzEwB5k

loverboy_gnd
05-19-2010, 09:50 PM
double post damn

AdriSciontC
05-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease dont let this turn into a site war, cant the 2 sites jus "be" without all the hate against each other,

That is what I've been saying ON both sites, IA will always be my "first love" but I enjoy the smaller feel of the other site... they both have their perks!

JITB
05-19-2010, 09:58 PM
hey man look at your post count guys like you have helped IA what it is; i haven't said anything about your sig shit is just posted up DO's post about your guys meet on the homepage. but i have a problem w/ noobs fucking w/ my business.

so why all my threads get deleted when i post pics from the blog? I talked about this with julio before...

loverboy_gnd
05-19-2010, 09:59 PM

Why all the hate man....... alot of the members on the other site are high rankin members on here, and they post regularly over there as well, even QD is on there, why are people instigating problems, i understand pauls view about advertising...... but making attacks against the other site is childish and unnecessary imo

AdriSciontC
05-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Why all the hate man....... alot of the members on the other site are high rankin members on here, and they post regularly over there as well, even QD is on there, why are people instigating problems, i understand pauls view about advertising...... but making attacks against the other site is childish and unnecessary imo

QFT, its just as low IMO as the other people bitching about servers being down or being banned...

loverboy_gnd
05-19-2010, 10:05 PM
QFT, its just as low IMO as the other people bitching about servers being down or being banned...

exactly, i really dont like where this is going, it shouldnt come to where people are choosing "sides"

uproot
05-19-2010, 10:08 PM
All the hate is based on the title of this thread...

I couldn't care less who wants to make a forum, or what the forum is about, even if it appears to be a knockoff of another popular site. Just do it right, market it correctly, learn some damn SEO and take pride in something you built yourself.

AdriSciontC
05-19-2010, 10:08 PM
exactly, i really dont like where this is going, it shouldnt come to where people are choosing "sides"

Unfortunately its already happened... and dividing homes :/

Arm&hammer
05-19-2010, 10:17 PM

That's what i'm saying.

antj101
05-19-2010, 10:24 PM
What fuckin Genius made Chrisnuthoe a Mod :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Smart people over there i tell you lol

So you've been to the dark side, huh?

ATLTSX
05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
So you've been to the dark side, huh?

lol the best part is you were all excited about being banned on this site but you still come back? That makes sense.

BKgen®
05-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Unfortunately its already happened... and dividing homes :/

I fail to see how it divided anything. I mean... unless you take all this bullshit to heart. lol

antj101
05-19-2010, 11:16 PM
I actually never said i was excited about getting banned

Z0_o6
05-20-2010, 01:58 AM
I don't understand the animosity. I guess people will always flock to any conflict, no matter how insignificant. The people who are stirring the bullshit up are going to do it regardless of what URL they have in their browser I guess. I do think it's pretty interesting though how the people who are on both for the ONLY legitimate reason CARS! (imo) are the ones NOT causing bullshit drama between people, because that's what they are obviously trying to avoid, by whatever method they may have chosen.

quickdodge®
05-20-2010, 04:17 AM
Exactly. From what I've seen, this other forum is mainly comprised of rejects and noobtards from IA who couldn't hang.
I've mentioned this to a couple of people, but if you notice, pretty much all the members over there are just WL people over here. There's not really any technical people there. To me, it looks like a Whore's Lounge site with automotive subsections.

so why all my threads get deleted when i post pics from the blog? I talked about this with julio before...

They don't. Only the ones where you're helping a non-sponsoring company advertise on here. And, if you didn't know, Julio doesn't own IA anymore so what he said then may not hold now. I was told by the new owner that your stuff had to go.

but making attacks against the other site is childish and unnecessary imo

But that's all that's happening over on that site, man. Every other thread over there has to do with how IA sucks. No one is stopping that. Hail, I'm not a mod or anything and I'm the only one who tried to put a stop to it by making that big post.

I'm a member of that board and it is nice to have small board again, but to blatantly break rules in the name of that board is just not right. Later, QD.

Elbow
05-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Who's the narc?

BKgen®
05-20-2010, 06:36 AM
I've mentioned this to a couple of people, but if you notice, pretty much all the members over there are just WL people over here. There's not really any technical people there. To me, it looks like a Whore's Lounge site with automotive subsections.

I worded what I said wrong. I was referring mainly to some of the management and/or the guys/girls that were (or still are) openly leeching IA members...

Paul
05-20-2010, 06:55 AM
I see it no different than someone linking messages from facebook to myspace and vice versa. "turning your back on IA"? This is only an internet forum we are talking about here. Now I can certainly respect what Paul as built, with the work and his own money he put into it. But he wouldn't have any of it if it wasn't for the members putting loads of their own hard earned money and putting in many hours of their own time into the vehicles that are posted on MANY different websites including this one. And by banning members over web links it almost seems like he is trying to secure the advertising money that rolls into this site, instead of actually attempting to accommodate the members which has helped make this site what it is.

I would rather believe that people are smart enough to make their own choices of what local forum they would rather post on. And not have to fear a moderator banning them over some pretext of lost revenue.

they weren't banned for posting web links but blantly posting ADVERTISEMENTS for another local forum. it would be like me going on 240atlanta and posting up EVERYONE CHECKOUT IMPORTATLANTA.COM, first off i wouldn't do that b/c i know how hard it is to make a successful forum and i have a mutual respect for those who do the same w/ my site. i've been a member of basically every forum that has poped up in the southeast as some point in time.

it comes down to this if you don't like what IA has to offer leave but don't come on the boards posting some bullshit to pull traffic to your 3rd world website.

Paul
05-20-2010, 06:56 AM

i've seen your blog once and i'll review why its been deleted but blog isn't a forum

punkr6
05-20-2010, 07:22 AM

wow, I had no idea you were like this man....

Nemesis
05-20-2010, 07:44 AM
IA is to HREs, as DOA is to ROTAs.

/thread

Elbow
05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Well that sucks because HREs suck.

JDMJAY did you tell?

AdriSciontC
05-20-2010, 08:21 AM
This is still going on?

Vteckidd
05-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Who's the narc?

I was I forwarded the info to Paul when that Christnolo douchebag pmed me.

If you want another forum cool, don't backdoor pm people though on a site you're talking shit about

stillaneon
05-20-2010, 09:07 AM
It amazes me how much people whine about this shit.

The rules clearly state that you can't advertise unless you are a sponsor. So don't advertise. It's not Rocket surgery. Follow the rules and you won't be banned.

Logan
05-20-2010, 09:16 AM
ah f.

stillaneon
05-20-2010, 09:18 AM
http://www.creepygif.com/images/full/384.gif

Fail....

Logan
05-20-2010, 09:53 AM
iFail :(

Logan
05-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Seriously, it won't happen again.

You can take appropriate measures if you'd like, but I assure you, nothing else will come of this.

JITB
05-20-2010, 12:28 PM
i've seen your blog once and i'll review why its been deleted but blog isn't a forum

in understand the contest with the other site, but.. iw as told nothing about it can be posted.. if thats the way it is, than its fine.

b@d @pple
05-20-2010, 12:36 PM
wow

quickdodge®
05-20-2010, 01:57 PM
in understand the contest with the other site, but.. iw as told nothing about it can be posted.. if thats the way it is, than its fine.

You know why. Later, QD.

tstaubly
05-20-2010, 03:29 PM

BKgen®
05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
just an FYI, weve put and end to IA bashing threads on DOA. we are taking efforts to end the animosity. we would love nothing more at this point to coexist without issue. we will be deleting any new threads bashing IA. i hope you will do the same here about any threads intended to bash DOA

Cool story.

roxie911
05-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Are people seriously surprised they're getting banned?? Wow.

That's like walking into McDonald's or something and putting up Burger King ads and not expecting to get kicked out. Come on, people....

BKgen®
05-20-2010, 04:14 PM

That's like walking into McDonald's or something and putting up Burger King ads and not expecting to get kicked out. Come on, people....

I've, uhh... never done that.

:ninja:

Oz10
05-20-2010, 05:03 PM

LOL thats pretty funny actually. Who's down to try it?!!

Julio
05-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Banned them all Paul.....

MachNU
05-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Later, Mach!

-EnVus-
05-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Well that sucks because HREs suck.

JDMJAY did you tell?

I Never Narced on no body.... I NEVER NARCED ON NOBODY !!!
http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy238/djgozni/CARATULAS/n1345663053_146254_3040.jpg

Evil Goat
05-22-2010, 04:39 PM
premium memberships? lol....

IA FTW!

5speed
05-22-2010, 05:08 PM
How do you think this forum was built? I've spent the last 8+ years turning a small forum in to a large site that can stand on its own. I've spent thousands of dollars of my own money promoting the scene here in atlanta. I did it the hardway and no one handed us anything, so ya i'm not cool w/ people trying to promote their shit taking anything away from what i've spent years building and what my current sponsors support. DIY or GTFO is how i look at it.

Thank you for what you have done. I believe I sent one invite via PM. After that I changed my mind on doing it that way. I haven't got a ban or anything so far, and don't intend on doing anything to do so. I am now ADMIN over at that site.I did not create the site nor own any part of it. I just helped a lot with organizing it and making it USER friendly. I am not looking into being competition and steal IA's registered members. I think everyone would be interested in little updates here and there about what you are doing to fix the site. I will always be a fan of IA, but when we got a new owner things got worse. We all know the server issues. For us who are not in the know, we would like some word on these things. Otherwise we assume the new owner has no interest in maintaining the site and investing in it. I think that is what people are tired of. I know its not easy and it takes money to do everything, but when you are left with a server that has been crashing literally almost every 5 minutes, what do you do.

Paul
05-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Thank you for what you have done. I believe I sent one invite via PM. After that I changed my mind on doing it that way. I haven't got a ban or anything so far, and don't intend on doing anything to do so. I am now ADMIN over at that site.I did not create the site nor own any part of it. I just helped a lot with organizing it and making it USER friendly. I am not looking into being competition and steal IA's registered members. I think everyone would be interested in little updates here and there about what you are doing to fix the site. I will always be a fan of IA, but when we got a new owner things got worse. We all know the server issues. For us who are not in the know, we would like some word on these things. Otherwise we assume the new owner has no interest in maintaining the site and investing in it. I think that is what people are tired of. I know its not easy and it takes money to do everything, but when you are left with a server that has been crashing literally almost every 5 minutes, what do you do.

I have made more changes to the site with the new owners in the past couple of months than Julio/I did in the past two years. i'm sorry as of late my work has been priority - server is being monitored now by our host and they are correcting the interruptions. the problem is you whores have broke the server again/again.

Echonova
05-24-2010, 09:20 PM
the problem is you whores have broke the server again/again.Sorry Paul...I tried to fix it myself, but the online guide was no help.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/IMG_0811.jpg