PDA

View Full Version : Can The State Revoke My License?

ScottyS10
05-19-2010, 12:33 PM
I've been home schooled since about 9th grade, and last week i started taking my GED classes. but to take those classes, i had to un-enroll (drop out) from school. and i am wondering if they can/will revoke my license for doing so?
and yes i am a minor.

Bacon
05-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Ask the state when they come to your house looking for you. They would know better........:ninja:

I think they will but if you are still in school, I don't see why they would.

quickdodge®
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
un-inroll

You might want to re-"inroll."

Nah, but I'll get started on your license revocation immediately. Thanks for saving me the trouble of finding out through the system.

But seriously, why would you want to drop out? Forgive me for being so crass, but that seems kind of shitty. Later, QD.

Bacon
05-19-2010, 01:02 PM
And I think it's enroll. If you are home schooling, just finish.

ScottyS10
05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
I Had to drop-out so that i could take the classes. But i have been doing school up until two weeks ago.

ScottyS10
05-19-2010, 01:37 PM
You might want to re-"inroll."

Fixed.

Echonova
05-19-2010, 01:38 PM
So your profile says you're 16, You have to be at least 18 to be on this website...

I'm going to have to revoke your IA posting license as well.

Me86Rob
05-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I've been home schooled since about 9th grade, and last week i started taking my GED classes. but to take those classes, i had to un-enroll (drop out) from school. and i am wondering if they can/will revoke my license for doing so?
and yes i am a minor.

you know you gotta be 18 to be a member right?

Me86Rob
05-19-2010, 01:40 PM
So your profile says you're 16, You have to be at least 18 to be on this website...

:ninja:

Echonova
05-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Owned.

BKgen®
05-19-2010, 01:52 PM

:lmfao:

quickdodge®
05-19-2010, 02:00 PM
LOLOL!!! Later, QD.

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
You have to get a paper from the school then your parent will sign it. Take it to the DMV then you are ok.
It says you are dropping out of school and you have your parents consent.

97_c1vic
05-19-2010, 04:38 PM
You have to get a paper from the school then your parent will sign it. Take it to the DMV then you are ok.
It says you are dropping out of school and you have your parents consent.

Sorry but if you're not in any kind of school under 18, your license will be suspended.

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Sorry but if you're not in any kind of school under 18, your license will be suspended.

Unless the laws have changed past years then no cause i dropped out at 16 to get my GED. When i asked about my license the DMV told me to get the form from school and have it signed by my parent and bring it back. So i think he should ask the DMV like i did just to see it still can be done.

97_c1vic
05-19-2010, 05:01 PM
If you have your GED then you're fine but he's still taking classes. Until he get his actual ged, then his license will remain suspended.

slostang
05-19-2010, 05:04 PM
If you have your GED then you're fine but he's still taking classes. Until he get his actual ged, then his license will remain suspended.

if you are enrolled in GED classes or any type of school, you're license is good.

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 05:04 PM
I had my license a full year before i got my GED but only cause i took the DMV the form i had.....Either way He should call the DMV for this Answer.

97_c1vic
05-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Well that sucked. I was enrolled in ged classes and they suspended my license because I was in "school".

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Well that sucked. I was enrolled in ged classes and they suspended my license because I was in "school".

Yeah 2 weeks after i dropped out i got a letter saying i had to return to school or Return my Drivers license.
I got the form from school that stated i was dropping out and that i had my parents consent and permission.
I took it to the DMV they said i was ok. I went to work and decided a year later to get my GED.
It has been some years now so it could have changed....Laws change so much these days
Just call the DMV they can tell you what needs to be done etc...

Elbow
05-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Why didn't you all just finish regular good ol' high school?

Echonova
05-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Everyone knows a diploma is just a piece of paper with writing on it.

-EnVus-
05-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Why didn't you all just finish regular good ol' high school?

Everyone knows a diploma is just a piece of paper with writing on it.

lol...... sadly i miss high school i mean i miss playing football,wrestling and hanging out with all my friends daily :(:cry::cry:

BanginJimmy
05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
I dont care where you are at in life now, anyone that doesnt finish HS is an idiot. I'm starting to think that anyone that doesnt put forth the effort and get a degree is not much smarter.

G.C
05-20-2010, 11:21 AM
well that sucks for him LOL

thegreatfnr
05-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Like someone said before there was a parents consent form that allows you to drop out and get a license. I had issues when at 16 trying to get my license because it was during xmas break and I forgot to get my paper work verifying i was actually in school and didnt want to wait till school started back up. So me and my dad were at the DMV like WTF because they didnt ask for it till the very end of the process. We asked them what kinda options we had and although I didnt drop out my dad actually signed this form and they allowed me to get my license that day without proof I was in school.