PDA

View Full Version : d15 atuo to manual swap questions

bigbadjohn07
05-19-2010, 12:30 AM
i recently bought a 95 eg and it came stock with a d15b automatic in it and im wanting to do a manual conversion to it and im wondering what all i need to do this other than the clutch, manual guage cluster, tranny, and manual center console if anything else is needed please list it below

reps for help

Patterson
05-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Tranny
Tranny Mount
Shift linkage
Shifter
Fly wheel
Clutch & Pressure Plate
Clutch line
Master cyl
Gas-Brake pedal assy
Clutch petal assy
Center Console
M/T ECU

I'm thinking you will need axles but not sure if they will change out.
You also don't HAVE to have a cluster unless you just want the P-R-N-D-L off the cluster.

Hope this helps and if i missed anything someone i'm sure can chime in. :goodjob:

Theycall_Metue
05-19-2010, 07:41 AM
auto and manual has different tranny mount
d series shift linkage
clutch master cylinder ( i dont think you need if using cable tranny )
pedal assembly

you dont need center console ( only for looks ) you can tap the auto shifter out and poke manual shift in

best way is to find a civic in the junk yard and transfer everything over, take away having to shop for every single thing, from bolts to plastic parts
gl with swap, im keeping my ex auto + boosted and in couple of months find a eg hatch and boost it

Patterson
05-19-2010, 07:52 AM
^ hey have you looked at TCI stuff for an auto tranny? looks like it would be fun to play with one on boost

Theycall_Metue
05-19-2010, 08:42 AM
dont worry, i researched enough before boosting the auto tranny
5 pound looking at around 150-170. waiting for this thing to start slipping and time to swap
who buy d series auto tranny?? this is my rout

bigbadjohn07
05-19-2010, 07:50 PM
i have a eg hatch and i hate that it's automatic idk im just wanting to do the swap and turbo it but i might wanna do a head swap any idea what heads would match up to the d15 im not use the d15 i use to have a 98 dx which had the y7 in it and i did a y8 head swap on it

Theycall_Metue
05-19-2010, 08:35 PM
any d series head will work on it, just like the b series
try zc head, im not sure if the dohc zc will work on it but a sohc zc will for sure
swaping to 5sp is going to run you atleast a grand
easiest is to find one in the junk yard, may cost less if the junk yard is cheap
if you by parts by parts it'll cost way more

Theycall_Metue
05-19-2010, 08:37 PM
oh stay away from y8 head, its obd2
obd2 head on a obd1 block is going to need a lot of conversion , stay with zc or z6 (zc is better)

bigbadjohn07
05-20-2010, 12:23 AM
ok thanks man