PDA

View Full Version : Torque Damper question

j0nbunklah0m
05-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Thinking of buying an NRG torque damper. Someone told me that its not good for the car, any truth behind this? also, the car is a 92 civic with B series motor. So should i get the torque damper for a 92-95 civic or 96-2000 civic? thanks in advance :goodjob::cheers: n reps for replies

j0nbunklah0m
05-19-2010, 07:37 PM
still wondering

jdmDC20
05-19-2010, 10:03 PM
nothing really wrong with the torque damper... more for cosmetics. if you're really worried about motor torque issues you should look into getting just a rear hasport mount with your desired stiffness.

i used to have one on my type r motor that was boosted on 20psi... when i took it off i couldn't tell ANY difference.

H1Cblacknight
05-19-2010, 10:27 PM
You do not need a torque damper unless you have a toque monster for a motor! Useless and waste of space!

Batlground
05-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah couldn't really say anything good or bad about those things. Except if it is for cosmetics then you need to keep it clean because it will start to rust.

ATLRoAcH
05-23-2010, 02:15 PM
If your just wanting the motor to be stiff than I would just go with some urethane motor mount inserts to start with. If that doesn't satisfy your needs I would do what the other poster said and get some stiff motor mounts. Those inserts help a lot because they go in the vibration mounts that are usually broken. They fix them if they're broken and stiffen them up because they fill in the holes.

civicturbo10
05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
those aftermarket motor mounts sux b/c all of the ones i've seen vibrate the steering wheel at idle. If no care, i say go for it. My DD would never have those mounts.

ATLRoAcH
05-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah that's true. Those stiff mounts will make your car vibrate pretty bad. If you just use the urethane inserts it's not that bad because they don't stiffen all the mounts but you will still vibrate some. Mostly just at idle like you said.