PDA

View Full Version : D16ZC???

jfiles818
05-18-2010, 11:44 PM
I just bought a 94 hatch with a JDM swap in it. The engine is a D16ZC. My problem is that the motor mount bracket thats bolt to the side of the block on the driver side has busted off the block......can this be repaired or what engine could i use to put all my internals into another block? Is a D16Z6 the same thing?

94_teg_ls
05-19-2010, 12:00 AM
pictures

j0nbunklah0m
05-19-2010, 12:03 AM
take it to a machine shop

Theycall_Metue
05-19-2010, 07:50 AM
yes best bet is machine shop

Mr. Fix-it.
05-19-2010, 12:33 PM
a zc motor is a dohc. it is definatly not the same thing as a z6. i know that much. dont know exactly what to tell you about the motor mount...i'd have to see it.

jfiles818
05-19-2010, 11:56 PM
The ZC comes in dohc and sohc models.......so i think the d16ZC is the same thing just by specs im reading, .........so a machine shop huh? what could they do i want a permanent fix....no shortcuts.

Barefoot
05-20-2010, 07:50 AM
pictures

yup

xero_xero
05-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Pictures would be best. the mount that attaches to the motor is metal. a single bolt holds this bracket to the block. if the block is damaged, then it is likely that it can not be repaired properly unless the threads are the only part that is damaged. if the bracket is damaged, it can be replaced by taking the cover off of the motor (you will need to remove the timing belt covers) and you will see where the bracket bolts to the block. Pictures would solve a lot of this.

if the bracket is broken, you can source one from any EG single cam (d series engines)

jfiles818
05-21-2010, 09:47 AM
well im already pretty confident that the block is not repairable.....so what im asking is does anyone know of a block that will work for this other than the actual zc block.

94_teg_ls
05-21-2010, 10:23 AM
any d series block will do with little work

Umby
05-24-2010, 10:49 AM
A SOHC ZC motor is identical to the D16A6.

Red_EJ1
05-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Pictures would be best. the mount that attaches to the motor is metal. a single bolt holds this bracket to the block. if the block is damaged, then it is likely that it can not be repaired properly unless the threads are the only part that is damaged. if the bracket is damaged, it can be replaced by taking the cover off of the motor (you will need to remove the timing belt covers) and you will see where the bracket bolts to the block. Pictures would solve a lot of this.

if the bracket is broken, you can source one from any EG single cam (d series engines)

you must not know hondas, im sure there is two bolts holding the braket to the block, also iv seen this happen and have fixed it if it has broke metal off the block you gotta get a block, if it just stripped the threads then get a helicoil and fix it if you dont know what that is find someone who does, if the block is fucked why are you worried about swapping the shit over just get a z6 short block, you can probly get one for less than 150

H1Cblacknight
05-25-2010, 12:10 AM
welds do not hold well together on cast iron aluminum blocks! HEard and seen this before! need new block!

Bacon
05-25-2010, 02:49 AM
welds do not hold well together on cast iron aluminum blocks! HEard and seen this before! need new block!

should there be the word "and" somewhere in there?

OP, pictures serve better but best bet is take it to a machine shop and have them look at it.