PDA

View Full Version : engine code 41 and 20......?

TypeR snooze
05-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Alright I got done doing the engine harness swap in my ek new harness was in way better shape but the new harness has a couple extra plugs, I didn't worry much. What did worry me was the new harness did not have the connector for the crank sensor so I looked on the harness and found a plug that kinda looks like it so I cut it off and adjusted the one from the old one to the new one. The car turned on just fine but the check engine came on I assumed it was the crank sensor, (I didn't know if it was the ryt spot to connect the old cranksensor so I just twisted the wires, mind u I was guessing.) So I untwisted the wires and just switched them around but the CE light was still on but while I was untwisting them the wire touched the side of the head and made a spark. Now the car ain't starting. Doesn't turn over.

Before I twisted the wires I checked the code to see what it was it gave out 41 at first but after the wire ordeal it now shoots out 20. Two long blinks and no blink after. Four long blinks then one short blink.

preferredduck
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
code 41 is the electronic load detector, and a code 20 is an o2 sensor heater. i have like 3 crank angle sensors for obd-2 engines. the ELD is located under the fuse box in the engine bay, it controls headlights, fuel pressure/injectors, charging etc. you have to check for voltage on this guy and i can get you a link for a free manual. code 41 you need to check the voltage of the o2 sensor. if the eld isn't right i'm sure a lot of things can happen.