PDA

View Full Version : Need diagnostic help

Stuntman G
05-16-2010, 06:22 PM
1990 Civic LX Sedan. Bone Stock dual-point D15B2.

So basically one day I came home from work, parked my car. Went back two hours later and it would turn over but not start. Has not started since. It has no spark at all. Power is getting to the dizzy (via the black/yellow wire) and we tried a full dizzy assembly (wires, cap, rotor, everything) off of a perfectly running car and it still does not get spark. According to a multimeter, the head is a perfectly fine ground. We also swapped the ecu off of the running car and still nothing. Any ideas?

jdm-civic
05-16-2010, 06:27 PM
check main relay

Stuntman G
05-16-2010, 06:44 PM
We also used a brand new main relay, forgot to mention that.

Barefoot
05-17-2010, 12:30 AM
give me a call set up and apt $85 diags.

Batlground
05-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Give us a call, we'll see if we can get you going.

preferredduck
05-18-2010, 09:46 PM
those little d15b2's it's prob something simple as hell with that car.

Mr. Fix-it.
05-19-2010, 12:38 PM
nvm....thought of something but then i read your post again..... i feel dumb.

preferredduck
05-19-2010, 10:33 PM
i have plenty of ef sensors and parts so if you have any ideas let me know i'm looking though my ef book now.

preferredduck
05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
there are 10 solutions to the problem. battery loose or corroded, leaking fuel injectors, faulty carb or fuel pump or FPR, fuel not reaching the rail, ignition components damp or damaged, broken loose or disconnected wiring in the starting circuit, broken loose or disconnected wires at the coil or faulty coil.

is your dizzy o-ring shot or leaking?

Stuntman G
05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
All the dizzy stuff has been thoroughly gone through. I had 9 members, including 4 mods, from the ef forums over last weekend to help, and literally every single one was standing there scratching their head. We were all totally flabbergasted. Finally found yesterday that there is a relay just above the hood pop lever under the dash, that basically shakes hands with the main relay and says 'ok, lets get this bitch goin.' I put a new one in just to try it and it fired right up, ONCE. I guess theres a short somewhere that is causing it to blow. With these relays at $30 a pop, I better get it tracked down quick.

preferredduck
05-20-2010, 12:47 AM
All the dizzy stuff has been thoroughly gone through. I had 9 members, including 4 mods, from the ef forums over last weekend to help, and literally every single one was standing there scratching their head. We were all totally flabbergasted. Finally found yesterday that there is a relay just above the hood pop lever under the dash, that basically shakes hands with the main relay and says 'ok, lets get this bitch goin.' I put a new one in just to try it and it fired right up, ONCE. I guess theres a short somewhere that is causing it to blow. With these relays at $30 a pop, I better get it tracked down quick.

atleast you know the problem, you can get repair manuals online for free as pdf's for wiring etc just google it.