PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods BORING A GSR OVER>>>> HELP!!!

nelson9995
05-13-2010, 11:23 PM
ok guys as many of you may know, Im building a allmotor GSR... IM using PR3 pistons and am thinking of boring the block over .040 since I have .040 pistons. I am wondering if that is safe since I plan to rev to 9k... (and yes I have the supporting internals) my concern is if the cylinder walls would be too thin to daily drive and have fun with it (daily) LMAO!!!

DarKStaR
05-14-2010, 05:03 AM
82mm is the most you can bore stock sleeves out to and still be safe. But if your using honda pistons they only go to 81.25, so you would have to go with different piston setup.I had a 82mm gsr in my integra and it got beat on daily for a year, so it will be fine if done right.

nelson9995
05-14-2010, 11:20 AM
82mm is the most you can bore stock sleeves out to and still be safe. But if your using honda pistons they only go to 81.25, so you would have to go with different piston setup.I had a 82mm gsr in my integra and it got beat on daily for a year, so it will be fine if done right.

gotcha... thanks man that clears my doubts... i have a npr cast iron pr3 piston... they make them .040 over which is what I have so yeah...