PDA

View Full Version : I need help Swaping old ecu harness to a new one....first timer...

TypeR snooze
05-13-2010, 08:34 PM
i got this honda civic 96 hatch that has a ecu wiring problem..i got the car as a dx model with a b16 in it..the old engine harness that was already in the car does not have the vtec connectors and they had to make them so that the vtec can work without swaping the entire harness..so im having problems with the old harness.. i bought a new one (engine harness), this harness already comes with the vtec wiring so no mods have to be made, but i dont know how to swap it...i have a general idea but i dont wanna mess up my baby, so is there any websites i can go to so i can be guided threw this electrical nightmare...

Barefoot
05-14-2010, 09:03 AM
u can check honda tech or some place but its not all that hard

if u dont feel up to it pm me

TypeR snooze
05-14-2010, 01:31 PM
That what my friend said but I'm still kinda ify about it. I really need to get it done I got pin outs but I need a exact guide to do this..ima get my hands in da car on Monday. Hopefully I have enough reserch to get it started. Ima hit up honda tech but if u got sum more info let me know..

Barefoot
05-14-2010, 01:56 PM
i got everything u need in my head. been at this to long to not be able to install a honda harness

TypeR snooze
05-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Alright I'm gonna get this project started asap. Im gonna start by removing the old harness. I'm taking the ground that's connected to the fuse box and just go from there. Whatever I unplug from old, I'm going to plug in new, one by one. Ill keep u updated.