PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks the Varsity is not enough???

DWC
05-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Who here would like to have a meet like the varsity on say a Tuesday night of every week? (using Tuesday as an example here open on any day really) In the heart of Atlanta.

Here's the deal I'm working with someone that has a parking lot in downtown that can hold proably 600 cars we would have to rent this lot so yes we would have to charge like 3-5 bucks to park. BUT we would have plenty of room and wouldnt have the damn cops being ass hat's there to bother us.

We would also have a building open to us where on the inside we could have live dj's maybe a bikini contest or something drink's yes liquire and beer for the ones NOT driving.

So tops you would spend what maybe 20 bucks to through down have a good time and not have to worry about getting ran out of a parking lot or cops being ass's.

Tryin to see how many people would be intrested in something like this b4 I go payin big bucks out of my pocket to rent this lot and building.

This would be open to cars and bikes. Also get something to give away even if its only 100 dollar gift card to summit or something through out the night.

So tell me what you guys think...I'm all ears

gsrgoon
05-13-2010, 04:58 PM
sounds good im down im new to atlanta and been looking for meets hit me back even if this dont go down im still looking for meets durning the week like tonight any ideas>?

peg leg
05-13-2010, 04:59 PM
sounds good to me!

e30pwr
05-13-2010, 05:06 PM
nice idea, but i think this could only be accomplished on a fri/sat night if drinks will be served. i'm sure just having the parking lot wouldn't be too bad. I'd be tempted to throw down a couple dollars, pick up some food, and chill. I don't think every week would be viable though.

SC400TUNER92
05-13-2010, 09:26 PM
LOL thats kind of messed up so we drive to the meet spend gas pay to park and then we cant even drink lol im just playing sounds good to me specially the part about being able to chill inside or out but i dont think every week would be good after i do have to go to friday night drags every friday down at AMS and thats 7 bucks and you get a show and drag, the problem with starting that here is i only know of maybe like 5 girls in these forums lol so wed have to broaden our search for bikini contest girls lol i dont care how hott ya'll moms are lol

BoRi_8
05-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Every other week sounds better to me and as e30 said, Fri/Sat would be better. It sounds like a good idea in all.

quickdodge®
05-13-2010, 10:03 PM
This is a terrible idea. Why would you encourage people to come to a spot where alcohol is served? Not to mention already having to pay to meet? It would have to be a LOT more organized than just a parking lot meet. And I'm sure it would be much more than $3-5 if you're talking about having DJs and contests. That shit won't be free. Later, QD.

RL...
05-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Sounds good on paper but how it goes down is a different story. Also, car meet + lots of guys + standing around drinking = lots of ppl dui. Fuck that shit.

Elbow
05-14-2010, 06:13 AM
I'll already go ahead and say fail.

Mainly because you said:

"wouldnt have the damn cops being ass hat's there to bother us."....I've never been bothered by them, they usually "bother" complete ricer morons showing out.
"We would also have a building open to us where on the inside we could have live dj's maybe a bikini contest or something drink's yes liquire and beer for the ones NOT driving." Yeah this isn't the Fast and the Furious. Who wants to watch ugly whores degrade themselves to a bunch of ricers?

ct9a gsr
05-14-2010, 06:23 AM
I don't think I'd ever bring a car I own to a "car meet" with alcohol served there on spot. The V meet already is full of giant retards, can only imagine what would happen if alky was mixed in.

blacknightteg
05-14-2010, 06:29 AM
yeah this idea. fail, is fail.

DWC
05-14-2010, 06:42 AM
I like hearing everyones opinion.

If the alky is the problem we can wash it out.

If you have some better idea's let's hear it!!!

blacknightteg
05-14-2010, 06:49 AM
honestly the only good real idea in the hold thing is the bigger parking and maybe the 3-5 dollars a car...but you cant be certain how much you would have to charge as your not sure how many cars would actually come out. the varsity has been around too long to not have happen. yes its only the first thursday of every month. but thats what everyone associates with meets in atl. The cops arent as bad as they could be when you go down to the V, now granted i havent been in a few years, but its true. all the pics i see i dont see them hassling all the stories there isnt hasseling unless its warranted. i just dont think it would work out for your idea.

StreetHazard
05-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Im down for a meet anywhere that's not on a week night. I have only been to the Varsity only once in like 2 years, and that's only because I was on vacation from work. I would like to see something like a "cars and coffee" or something at a starbucks in a more central location than Barrett Pkwy. on Saturday afternoons.

I personally wouldn't help pay for DJ's.

SRK420a
05-14-2010, 07:28 AM
I can see what you mean about Varsity not being enough, but your idea is very vague. It needs more details before you get peoples approval. I have a few suggestions to help:
-No damn alky, never when it comes to driving
-Instead of getting djs and bikini girls, try maybe bbq-ing or getting together a fund to buy regular drinks or something.
-If we are going to pay parking get a set amount that is reasonable or find a spot where they wont have to at all.

But good luck with your idea anyway and if you refine it enough I may help you out.

Patterson
05-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Who wants to watch ugly whores degrade themselves to a bunch of ricers?

ME!!! cause i'm an old perv and titties are titties. unless of corse there pancake titties no one wants those being rolled out. :lmao:

I would attend one time just to check it out IF there is no drinking. And not on a weekday. to far of a ride down on a weekday.

Elbow
05-14-2010, 08:04 AM
This also isn't the first attempt at a V competition meet.

BoRi_8
05-14-2010, 10:40 AM
I can see what you mean about Varsity not being enough, but your idea is very vague. It needs more details before you get peoples approval. I have a few suggestions to help:
-No damn alky, never when it comes to driving
-Instead of getting djs and bikini girls, try maybe bbq-ing or getting together a fund to buy regular drinks or something.
-If we are going to pay parking get a set amount that is reasonable or find a spot where they wont have to at all.

But good luck with your idea anyway and if you refine it enough I may help you out.

x2

RUFFIAN
05-15-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm down. I say maybe 2nd and 4th week of the month. It will give people a little leeway then...........

Julio
05-16-2010, 07:56 AM
It will not work.

Seven
05-16-2010, 10:39 AM
The thought is great but when dealing with the public you dont want to give them anymore reason to act stupid. You bring alk's then you have the gateway to drugs and crowds that you didnt want . I remember when the varsity started it was just an import gathering, not knocking it but the space is not big enough for the area or tuners that show. The big parking deck was the best idea by far you pay five bucks rain or shine your covered. Then you have allowed young business owners to bring food/clothing/automotive parts/etc. If you remember tyko drift they were in the deck women and cars.... We need that kind of stuff here every weekend. If you need help Im game just pm me.

jdm-civic
05-16-2010, 11:40 AM
what ever you do, make sure its on a weekend where more people can attend attend because lots of people work during the week and cant attend

DWC
05-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks for all the input guys.

The ALKY and GIRLS and DJ'S have been scractched.

This was not ment to be a compition against the V meet.

I did like the BBQ idea. The owner is however checking with the city on a food permite.

SPOOLIN
05-19-2010, 12:03 PM
every week will never last.

Dirty Octopus™
05-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Varsity Is Enough.

Bacon
05-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Varsity Is Enough.

x2. Check the rest of the events section. There are more than enough events across the city every week to satisfy our needs for a meet in between the V meets.

quickdodge®
05-19-2010, 12:55 PM
x2. Check the rest of the events section. There are more than enough events across the city every week to satisfy our needs for a meet in between the V meets.

Only problem is is that everyone, for some odd reason, has these meets during the week. I never understood that concept either. Later, QD.

h23bb2
05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I say have it on the 4th week of the month. So you've got the V meet then 2 weeks later something else. The best thing you have going is large parking area and I know I'm willing to pay a few bucks to park and a few bucks for some grub.

Hektik
05-19-2010, 03:36 PM
considering the parking lot across from the V wanted $8.. $3 for a bigger place sounds pretty good to me... Also something like the Friday or Saturday night BP meets would be better IMO simply cause a lot of people work during the week...If I were you I wouldn't worry to much about the food, maybe have some drinks for a reasonable price, but grilling and all that just seems a bit much. get us a decent location, with plenty of space, and no hassles and you'll have people show up..
If you build they shall come..lol..

ulbsry02
05-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm down for something on the weekends. wouldnt mind paying a few bucks either

DinanM3atl
05-27-2010, 11:24 AM
I would be down. After visiting California/SoCal again... there were weekly meets nightly. Sometimes two a night and all had a quality showing.

redcivic
05-27-2010, 11:37 AM
How about this? Theres a weekly thursday meet at the old publix parking lot in lawrenceville, how about we make it every thursday AND saturday? Big parking lot, noone will bother us (cops come and hangout)...it's a good spot.

Eman_jDm
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
if its planned out right and not every week it could work out. id b down to go as long as parking isnt too much.

blue94eg6
05-27-2010, 09:01 PM
i'm down bro.

NewGen33
05-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Many have tried this and many have failed

nickcrank
05-30-2010, 11:46 PM
2 ideas

.how about we get more attendance from IA to head down to ams for friday night drags

or

.jus have a lot meet every other weekend from 4 to when ever ppl want to leave in the lot ur talkin about, bring ur own food and drinks. alk not recommended and jus chill with others... and take donations for renting the lot so you wont have to worry about permits, dont build the party, let the party build its self through the many ppl that will show up

Western.
06-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Im down for it. I personally think the 1st Thursday of every month is a bit random....but nonetheless worth it. I would like to do something like that more often.

driftendirty
06-05-2010, 10:53 PM
im down

Western.
06-06-2010, 12:10 AM
@ redcivic. Is that the one next to the shell station?

BP06NA
06-07-2010, 12:16 PM
sounds good to me

sti_cham
06-10-2010, 10:00 PM
It will not work.

x2

I'll already go ahead and say fail.

Mainly because you said:

"wouldnt have the damn cops being ass hat's there to bother us."....I've never been bothered by them, they usually "bother" complete ricer morons showing out.
"We would also have a building open to us where on the inside we could have live dj's maybe a bikini contest or something drink's yes liquire and beer for the ones NOT driving." Yeah this isn't the Fast and the Furious. Who wants to watch ugly whores degrade themselves to a bunch of ricers?

:lmao: