PDA

View Full Version : Pharmacy Tech Job??

Vi3t
05-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey, I've been looking for a Pharmacy Tech job... but haven't had any luck so far.
I need it because my GPA at Emory is horribleeee ( should have went to a state school :ninja: ..) but to get into Pharm school I need the experience and PCAT scores to offset my horrible grades.
That being said, I took/passed the national pharm tech test so I would be more "competitive" but... everyone wants experience.
Everywhere I go.. they tell me to apply online or they're fully staffed. I've applied to Kroger/ CVS/Target/Rite Aid/ Walgreens/Kaiser/ Indeed.com openings/ Walmart/Sams.. every where . :(
So... do you guys have any other suggestions? or any pharm techs here know of places that are hiring?
thanksssss

rizzler
05-13-2010, 03:15 PM
i think you hit all the bases when you applied to everywhere... 2 of my friends both work at CVS and they just applied applied and applied and finally got in. Since you passed the pharm tech test and now you're a CPHT I don't think it should be that hard to find a job... just wait it out and if that doesn't work... find a temp job somewher eles... and i totally agree with emory fracking up GPA's mine isn't so great either.

Vi3t
05-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Rizzler? Riyaz? :-D

also.. from what i heard about CVS.. all you can do is apply online.
I've even applied to the ones in Gwinnetttt...and for me.. that's a far drive!!

rizzler
05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
uh yeah... who dis? apply everywhereee

Vi3t
05-13-2010, 08:48 PM
T.K/ Thu-Kim ^_^

ebkmike
05-20-2010, 05:38 PM
network is the key.

Vi3t
05-20-2010, 07:54 PM
well.... actuallyyyyy
I just got hired at CVS yesterday.
Went through the whole drug test/background test thing today.
I do agree that network is the key though..Hopefully this will get my foot into the door for something better. :)