PDA

View Full Version : Fried 2 coil packs!!!!!!!!!

NeverHoldBac
05-12-2010, 08:43 PM
i drive a 2004 350z track model with 68k miles on it. i jus installed a 1/2 thermal plenum spacer with a cold air intake a few days ago. I was drive on the highway nd hit tarffic nd outa no where my car shut off. i went to open the hood nd smelled plastic burning nd saw a lil bit of smoke, i noticed that i burnt 2 of my coild packs if ur facing the engine its the first set 1 on either side. so i replaced them nd the car still wont start, it turns over but doesnt start. every1 keeps telling me its an electrical problem but nothing specific to go off of. has this every happened to any1? or can sum1 giove me a place to start at?

slostang
05-12-2010, 10:17 PM
you posted in the wrong section, but i moved it to the proper one for you.

Barefoot
05-14-2010, 03:33 PM
what everyone is tell u is correct. u need to start from the fuses an work your way forward probing to find the fault.

sksakaoreo
05-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Are you throwing any codes? Check to see if your getting spark, If you are then I would test you crank and cam sensors with a meter, if they are good then test you MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor).

Z0_o6
05-20-2010, 02:06 AM
Keep it simple first. Check the fuses, if they shorted out bad enough to melt, they most likely blew a fuse somewhere. Beyond that I would verify that the ECU is working, and didn't get damaged. Once you find the problem, don't forget to try to find out WHY they cooked. did you possibly forget to reconnect a ground or anything? That way it is not only fixed, but it's fixed so it WONT COME BACK.

Batlground
05-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Definitely sounds like a grounding issue. You could always bring it by if you are having trouble.

DirtyMechanic
06-17-2010, 01:17 AM
sounds like you cooked the ECU. only seen it a few times. the coils dont have fuses, they come straight from the ecu. but check first to see if your fuel pump is priming. if so... check for fuel and spark. if no spark... ECU it is... make sure you check the wiring harness to coil packs might have cooked the harness and shorted out the ecu there. check cross continuity for the coils if you find anything.