PDA

View Full Version : s2000 cluster to 95 civic

Arm&hammer
05-11-2010, 06:54 PM
I found out how to wire up everything from ap1 s2000 cluster to my 95 civic except for speed and temp gauge. To get this to work i would need a vss converter but i am wondering if anyone would know how to make a vss converter. I have the s2k cluster with pigtails so would anyone know how to do this?

silverDA
05-11-2010, 07:08 PM
baller.

hadouken
05-11-2010, 07:15 PM
dude teach me lol i still got that mount man.. its hard for me to bring it to you bc i work everyday but u can come pick it up i already swapped the mount out

NoWAyItZTOMmY
05-11-2010, 07:20 PM
why not just buy the convertor? its about 100$

doubt there be anyone that can make it without a huge vaste amount of knowledge.

Arm&hammer
05-11-2010, 07:26 PM
idk where to get the converter from. It's easy to hook everything else up though. you just put the wires together but where can i get the converter for that cheap?

Theycall_Metue
05-11-2010, 07:33 PM
hella gangster
i want one lmao

oneSLOWex
05-11-2010, 07:48 PM
here ya go

http://www.amazon.com/Speedo-Healer-4-0-Universal-Speedometer/dp/B002G4IVIQ

Arm&hammer
05-11-2010, 07:58 PM
here ya go

http://www.amazon.com/Speedo-Healer-4-0-Universal-Speedometer/dp/B002G4IVIQ

i don't get how that works. would i wire my oem speedometer cable to that then wire that to the s2000 speedometer?
What i am looking for is a converter box that will change my civics analog speedometer to the s2000 digital. I want make a fully functional s2000 cluster and that still would not eliminate the temp gauge problem.

oneSLOWex
05-11-2010, 08:04 PM
i don't get how that works. would i wire my oem speedometer cable to that then wire that to the s2000 speedometer?
What i am looking for is a converter box that will change my civics analog speedometer to the s2000 digital. I want make a fully functional s2000 cluster and that still would not eliminate the temp gauge problem.

I dont know much info on that....its sick as fuck but too rich for my blood for just a cluster upgrade.

This site might help you out a bit more: http://www.marklamond.co.uk/products/s2000/install/install.htm

Arm&hammer
05-11-2010, 08:23 PM
I dont know much info on that....its sick as fuck but too rich for my blood for just a cluster upgrade.

This site might help you out a bit more: http://www.marklamond.co.uk/products/s2000/install/install.htm

yeah. thanks man it helps. If he doesn't send me an email i'm going to try to get someone that knows what they are doing to make one for me. because i have somewhat of an idea on how to get it to work.

oneSLOWex
05-11-2010, 08:29 PM
yeah. thanks man it helps. If he doesn't send me an email i'm going to try to get someone that knows what they are doing to make one for me. because i have somewhat of an idea on how to get it to work.

Try searching on google. If you really look you can come across some write ups but sometimes you gotta dig because a bunch of them are older threads and the pics are dead.

Arm&hammer
05-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Try searching on google. If you really look you can come across some write ups but sometimes you gotta dig because a bunch of them are older threads and the pics are dead.

Ive been searching on google all day and can't find anything about the converter. The wiring is the easy part though.

NoWAyItZTOMmY
05-11-2010, 08:46 PM
buy the speedo healer.

4 wire, power. ground. 2 speed signal. 1 goes to the chassis output and the other goes to the cluster output.

Arm&hammer
05-15-2010, 04:15 PM
buy the speedo healer.

4 wire, power. ground. 2 speed signal. 1 goes to the chassis output and the other goes to the cluster output.

will it put out the right output for the s2k cluster?

xero_xero
05-20-2010, 10:47 AM
The s2000 cluster needs the VSS converter. if you do not have it, the cluster will not read the correct signal. the UK site that was referred to above is the gentleman that first figured out how to change the signal from one to another. the actual difference is the TYPE of signal. the spedo healer will not help. that simply changes the speedo for changes like tire size.

i have looked and found verry few guys with the vss converter available. there are a few on honda tech that have them. but good luck.

00 blk G20t
05-20-2010, 11:32 AM
maybe you could search on youtube or for videos of people with the cluster and read the comments to find someone to build you a vss box. i researched doing this years ago. when those threads were first popping up. it wasnt just honda people doing this swap. ive seen alot of cars with it.

civicturbo10
05-23-2010, 11:10 PM
The s2000 cluster needs the VSS converter. if you do not have it, the cluster will not read the correct signal. the UK site that was referred to above is the gentleman that first figured out how to change the signal from one to another. the actual difference is the TYPE of signal. the spedo healer will not help. that simply changes the speedo for changes like tire size.

i have looked and found verry few guys with the vss converter available. there are a few on honda tech that have them. but good luck.

Strange, though. Post #2207 says it's the speedohealer method. Quote " Been that ways for years" . I googled the item store and the manufacturer claims to do the conversion.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2148453&page=89

I say go on honda-tech and post in there for help. Specifically ask for help from guys who have done the conversion and it works. I do it with great success on other forums seeking info for my other ride. GL.

Here is the thread for getting the cluster into EGs
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2148453&page=89

I think i got the oil pan from you. Good news it's going to get used on my spare motor.

00Civic
05-24-2010, 07:38 PM
dude, post up pics when you get everything working! I've been thinking about doing that to my civic.

Arm&hammer
05-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Ive looked on honda-tech but never posted on there. thanks for the help though guys. It will be a while before everything is 100% working.

civicturbo10
05-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Good time to create an account and start posting. There not locked down...like some forums i know. Ask and you may receive. lol.