PDA

View Full Version : What is something you gave up on that you wish you never did?

5speed
05-10-2010, 11:17 PM
I have been watching live videos of some of the bands I really like and I am getting this sad feeling. I feel like I should have never given up on being in a band. I don't care to be famous or anything. It is just something I had such a huge passion for. I have this urge to scream and sing my hear out. In my teenage years, being in a band is what kept me sane. I had so much shit happening in my life that this was my only outlet. It is odd to look back and remember myself as a Straight Edge kid that swore he would never touch drugs or alcohol. Damn, I am glad I never got an Edge tattoo bc I sure do like beer.

So what do you regret giving up on?

1990wade
05-10-2010, 11:18 PM
when i quit playing football my senior year...i still hear it to this day from family members and even my old coaches

punkr6
05-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I have several straight edge tatts. can't think of anything I regret though....

loverboy_gnd
05-10-2010, 11:20 PM
learning to fly, i took a few lessons, and was getting really good at it, but i dunno what happened i guess i jus slowly drifted away from it

5speed
05-10-2010, 11:22 PM
when i quit playing football my senior year...i still hear it to this day from family members and even my old coaches

I was always told by the coaches that I would have made a great running back. I used to play with the football team before there practices, and in gym. I had so much stuff going on with family and my music was my thing. I think I would have enjoyed it though.

I have several straight edge tatts. can't think of anything I regret though....

And you still dont do anything at all right?

SE-R_Li-Go
05-10-2010, 11:22 PM
when i stopped playing soccer. i miss it like crazy.
and horseback riding. never did it as competition really, but it is one of my biggest passions

Miss.Kayla
05-10-2010, 11:23 PM
being a vet tech.. i loved my job but i let the people there get to me..

StreetHazard
05-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Hallucinogenic drugs.....I had a great time on LSD.

5speed
05-10-2010, 11:24 PM
being a vet tech.. i loved my job but i let the people there get to me..

Get back somewhere and save me some kitties and mo' animals!

1990wade
05-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I was always told by the coaches that I would have made a great running back. I used to play with the football team before there practices, and in gym. I had so much stuff going on with family and my music was my thing. I think I would have enjoyed it though.

i played QB..loved it too much i think..i believe thats wat made me quit...i guess gods got better things in store for me

Miss.Kayla
05-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Get back somewhere and save me some kitties and mo' animals!

actually im looking for a new job this week and getting back into it :)

jesus bonill
05-10-2010, 11:41 PM
playing the trumpet, i quit after middle school, i still have it in my closet, i suck now though:cry:

quickdodgeŽ
05-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Soccer. I was probably the best goalie in my town. Out of 260 games, I only allowed 7 goals. I was too nervous (shy) to try out for the HS team. But I did get an invite to try out for a new pro team in Atlanta, but the team faltered before it got started. I also had the chance to go to Britain to try out, but did not go.

Basketball. I played for a long time, but only 2 season in rec. When I got into Georgia State University, I tried out for the team and made the first cut. They changed the day of the second round and I missed it.

Flying. My grandfather, a couple of years ago, sold off both of his airplanes. If only I had got my pilot's license, I could have had them and been having a good time.

Job. I regret, a lot, that I did not keep forth in a pursuit in my field of graduation from college. Computers. Now here I am driving an 18-wheeler for a living. I do like what I do and I make great money so it's not that bad.

Other than that, I don't have many regrets in life. Later, QD.

Elbow
05-11-2010, 06:34 AM
My issue is that I never give up on anything so have too much shit.

punkr6
05-11-2010, 07:09 AM
And you still dont do anything at all right?

NOPE

tony
05-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Air Force pilot, didn't think I was smart enough till I tested for another position and my highest scores were in the pilot portion.. I was about 17 when i defeated myself, I tested at the age of 28 but it was too late by then.

From someone with experience to the younger people here, don't listen to people who doubt you. If you're passionate about something pursue it till they absolutely tell you no and even then push forward with what you want to do.

CHADbee
05-11-2010, 10:07 AM
skateboarding.....i was sponsored by a local shop and was really good. i progressed really fast and always pushed myself to get better and better. me and a friend that rode together had this friendly competition between us and we always motivated us to get better. now companies fly him all over the world to skate in competitions and i was better than him :cry:

Hallucinogenic drugs.....I had a great time on LSD.

hahhhaaaa very true :lmao:

jdm-civic
05-11-2010, 10:10 AM
i regret raising a child for a year that wasnt mines........lots of money wasted

Echonova
05-11-2010, 10:46 AM
i regret raising a child for a year that wasnt mines........lots of money wastedI'll bet the kid doesn't regret it. The kid might not remember, but you may have changed that child's life.

quickdodgeŽ
05-11-2010, 01:06 PM
i regret raising a child for a year that wasnt mines........lots of money wasted

If nothing else you've done on here has proved you being a dummy, this has done it. Way to think about yourself and not an innocent child. You're a real class act. Later, QD.

oneSLOWex
05-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I'll bet the kid doesn't regret it. The kid might not remember, but you may have changed that child's life.

If nothing else you've done on here has proved you being a dummy, this has done it. Way to think about yourself and not an innocent child. You're a real class act. Later, QD.

Pretty much what I was thinking. I mean...atleast the little guy/girl had someone there that "cared" atleast for a little while.

StreetHazard
05-11-2010, 01:14 PM

Kids are selfish and needy...and do not appreciate anything, and are incapable of considering anyone else except themselves, they are mean and dangerous and it should be a policy to just stay away from them, much less produce one, except for "breeders", but they should have a license. Did you know child psychologists have determined that children have the most likelihood of resorting to cannibalism in the event of a societal collapse? Exactly, your children would fucking eat you if it was between you or (them).

They might come to appreciate you when they are in their 30's but yea...In your case, your time was wasted because they probably will not even remember you.

quickdodgeŽ
05-11-2010, 01:17 PM
^^^ Another classless dummy just posted above me. -75. Later, QD.

CHRISNITTOLO
05-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Skateboarding, playing guitar, and not attending Le Cordon Bleu.

QD, Whenever you neg rep somebody it is the whole 150. Just saying. Well, at least when you neg rep me.

StreetHazard
05-11-2010, 01:27 PM

awwww.....whats wrong fella? I didn't realize class was determined by feelings of child worship, or not sharing your opinion in the matter to have to resort to such hostile remarks.

quickdodgeŽ
05-11-2010, 01:36 PM
awwww.....whats wrong fella? I didn't realize class was determined by feelings of child worship, or not sharing your opinion in the matter to have to resort to such hostile remarks.

Lacking class is backing up someone like the other moron in his "regrets." Lacking class is running with blind emotions towards something that the person knows not so much about. Yeah, I think you have zero class. And I think most of the respectable IA members will agree. So what? You have your feelings. I have mine. Later, QD.

StreetHazard
05-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Lacking class is backing up someone like the other moron in his "regrets." Lacking class is running with blind emotions towards something that the person knows not so much about. Yeah, I think you have zero class. And I think most of the respectable IA members will agree. So what? You have your feelings. I have mine. Later, QD.

"Respectable" is as much of a point of view as your definition of "class". What you find respectable and classy, I might find offensive and distasteful. Opinions is all they are, and yours are no more important than anyone elses. I think your just a middle american breeder that has decided to just "phone-in" the rest of his life. If you knock on QD's brain, all you would hear is a fucking dial-tone.

See I have opinions too....probably baseless ones only based off of internet postings.

sirkus
05-11-2010, 01:47 PM
School.. I had everything laid out for me to go to shorter college and start my future. I was stupid and couldn't pick out the path I wanted to take so I smoked a lot of pot and forgot about it. Now that I don't smoke anymore.. it gets to me. Seeing people I went to school with already graduated just bothers the shit out of me. Or getting a snotty little bitch engineer straight out of college try to tell me how to do my job.. and he's 2 fucking years younger than me.

I'm planning on going back though. Registered for Fall classes this year at GA Highlands.. try to atleast get my foot back in the door.

CHRISNITTOLO
05-11-2010, 01:47 PM
"Respectable" is as much of a point of view as your definition of "class". What you find respectable and classy, I might find offensive and distasteful. Opinions is all they are, and yours are no more important than anyone elses. I think your just a middle american breeder that has decided to just "phone-in" the rest of his life. If you knock on QD's brain, all you would hear is a fucking dial-tone.

See I have opinions too....probably baseless ones only based off of internet postings.

Oh come on. Don't fuck up the thread.

StreetHazard
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Oh come on. Don't fuck up the thread.

fine...fine, I apologize....how's that for "class"

CHRISNITTOLO
05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
fine...fine, I apologize....how's that for "class"

It's a good start.. Lol.

quickdodgeŽ
05-11-2010, 01:51 PM

Aaaawwwww. So cute. Now that I've cast my opinion of your views on something you don't know anything about, you've all of a sudden got a chip on your shoulder about me and want to insult me off of, as you said yourself, baseless ideas.

I love it when people's true colors sneak out. I'm not argue with you over this as it would be pointless. I'd have to have this discussion with knowledgeable people. Sorry, dude. Carry on with the mindless insults. I won't partake any more. Later, QD.

thegovanator
05-11-2010, 02:08 PM
My baseball career, I should have continued playing after I left high school. Once that last season was over I stopped caring about the game.

AtrumArx
05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm 19 and I've given up on some things already mainly due to smoking all day every day, but recently I've been getting back into things that I have a lot of passion for(cars, music, etc...) and it has shown me that I have a lot more options than I originally thought when it comes to finding something to do with my life that makes me happy.

jdm-civic
05-13-2010, 03:55 PM
^^thats cool but dont stop smoking..........just my thoughts

Vteckidd
05-13-2010, 04:10 PM
the only real regret i have is not using my swimming talent to the fullest potential. I had ungodly swimming talent with little to no effort. I was ALWAYS #1 throught middle school and high school. I never pushed myself, i did the bare minimum practice requirements and i was always the best on the team. In Oklahoma i was all american as a sophmore and i won 7 gold medals at the European Federation Swim League Championships as a 13-14-15 year old. I was state champion my sophmore and junior years. I was voted into Whos Who in high school (yearly profile of top athletes in sports). I was the kid that would take the summer off, walk into practice in August and qualify for state championships with a warm up run. Other people would train all year long and still not be fast enough to go to championships at the end of the year.

All my coaches thought i was destined to be the next Gary Hall or nowadays Michael Phelps. I was that good. but i never really ENJOYED it. Swim practice was work for me i didnt enjoy it. I always loved going to basketball practice because it was fun. Swimming i just did it because i was good. After i graduated i had a full scholarship to NAU and ASU that i turned down. I gave it up.

loverboy_gnd
05-13-2010, 06:04 PM
the only real regret i have is not using my swimming talent to the fullest potential. I had ungodly swimming talent with little to no effort.

this pertains to me as well, i grew up in the Grenada, iwas on the beach maybe 3 or 4 times a week, and i became a very strong swimmer, started swimming at caribbean competitions and won a couple medals, once i moved back to the US i completely left it out, to focus on a "career", sigh, who knows maybe ill go back into it someday

dude , its the little things in life that make a big difference, that kid may not have been yours, and the girl was wrong fr makin you think it, however for that year or so, you may not even begin to fathom the impact you possibly made on that kids future, and if the girl still doesnt know who the father is, it wouldnt hurt you to lend a hand if you could.

SeePlusPlus
05-13-2010, 06:59 PM
I regret quitting boxing after my knee surgery. I kept telling myself I would return back after the surgery and by the time I was in good enough shape to start again, I instead kind of goofed around. It sucks cause I'll never be as competitive. Oh well life goes on

Juggernaut
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Meth.

Bacon
05-13-2010, 08:14 PM
I was a signature away from being in the Marines but I did't want to leave my girl behind....mistake #1

I decided against going to Universal Technical Institute even though I was accepted.....same girl....same reason.....mistake #2

Now I am about to be married to her and have my two year old son with her and chose Emergency Medicine as my career choice. This makes up for those two mistakes.

Juggernaut
05-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Did you know child psychologists have determined that children have the most likelihood of resorting to cannibalism in the event of a societal collapse? Exactly, your children would fucking eat you if it was between you or (them).
If this is true it's only because when you boil it all down, we are animals with a self-preservation instinct. Besides if I had kids, no way those little bastards are taking me down. Darwin would be at work and I'm bigger/stronger.

AtrumArx
05-13-2010, 08:57 PM
^^thats cool but dont stop smoking..........just my thoughts

obviously haha

Z0_o6
05-13-2010, 09:21 PM
On one hand I regret not continuing onto the military after graduating high school (4 years JROTC) I was all set up as a nuclear engineer in the Navy, but I have to say I'm still content with the path I chose, as my girlfriend (at the time) and I are now engaged. I'm going to school for Radiology which after lots of hard thought seems to be more suited to me than the military ever would have been after all.

If you live in the past and dwell on regrets you will never move forward in life or truly strive for success, therefore do not focus on what you have faltered at, but what new opportunities you have opened yourself to.

antj101
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I used to skate on vert ramps. I was actually pretty good. But then I got my car and started going to shows and events.
So I pretty much just got to busy to do it. I think I want to start doing that again. Man thanks for this thread!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2010, 09:50 PM
dude , its the little things in life that make a big difference, that kid may not have been yours, and the girl was wrong fr makin you think it, however for that year or so, you may not even begin to fathom the impact you possibly made on that kids future, and if the girl still doesnt know who the father is, it wouldnt hurt you to lend a hand if you could.

Some people are too stupid and self-centered to think about common sense and moral issues. You might as well have quoted the wall next to your computer. Later, QD.

silversol
05-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Bodybuilding. I was huge In highschool when I got out I quit working out and got fat. I have been working out the past 6 months I have lost a ton of weight and put on a lot of muscle But i dont think I will ever be back to were I was at.

EL42
05-16-2010, 03:54 PM
not going to Japan 10 years ago.

EKcivvicEK
05-18-2010, 12:34 AM
BMX racing.